Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Doesnt sound any different than 8 years ago when I left other than a CO screaming about the patriarchy.

Getting out is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

i have 9 years to go :(

Iíd be retiring next year and left at 11 years almost on the day. It was a rough call at the time but after reading everything all of you have said, plus the few folks I keep in touch with ... nah. A civil service retirement is gonna go a lot further anyway.

I get it tho, and hope all of you can get out on your own / favorable terms as soon as you can

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

nwin posted:

loving lol at the whole CG memes thing going down. This isnít going to end well.

Did someoneís career get nuked for posting memes?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

nwin posted:

Replying to a meme with a meme.

Shamelessly stolen from a subreddit:

A member posted a meme in a comment using Trump. Someone comments on that talking about "supporting your commander and chief, etc." and @'s public affairs, MCPOG, members command etc. They have a back and forth about it. Members command finds out, tells member to remove comments and back and forth. Member does. Member is still told he is getting kicked out for it, at first they will face a board decision, but members command pulls strings at EPM and gets it changed and they are getting booted and will not face a board. CG Memes finds out, post a bunch of memes about toxic commands and gathers stories from people.

Guess the dudes an SK2 with a bunch of years.

Holy moly has something changed about the discharge process where they can just rando do an unsuitability discharge or something?

That really sucks, but the only surprising thing is that it took this long for someone to publicly get kicked out over memes.

drat

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Lmao Iím sorry you guys if it makes you feel any better itís at least as bad on the civil service (not CG specific) side where Iím at