Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

i bought one of these HackRF units about two years ago after reading a bunch about the guy who made it and some of the videos he made. the maths go whoosh over my head though
https://cdn.sparkfun.com//assets/parts/9/9/5/3/13001-01.jpg

i toyed around picking up the FM band and was trying to find the ems channels to listen into but i just don't know enough about it. the waterfall graph is super pretty to watch though

are there other resources that any of you know to start messing around with it more
and i guess my other question is could i use something like this for like a home automation thing? maybe send signals to devices that use RF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

and question two is like more EE based but where is a good place to start learning more about radio from like a classroom setting? my library has access to Lynda and there's tons of stuff on there but i'd be willing to pay for udemy or even my local comm college to have something more test-oriented