Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Chris Pratt: “woah, boy got jacked. Nice.”

Kumail Nanjiani: “HEY NOW steroids are bad and we should be worried.”

I wonder what the difference is between these two fellas. Hmm.

Lol you cracked the code m8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
What on earth does bisping's eye have to do with PEDs lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Were PEDs the secret to Jones getting away with eyepokes this whole time??

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

not sure what "gray matter loss caused by cocaine abuse" youre referring to my man

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

barely satire at this point

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i'm gonna need someone to quantify his current Sexual Market Value for me

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I mean before we get all pie in the sky they should consider better enforcement and more clarification of the rules that already exist around stopping fights, and encouraging refs to be more liberal with ending fights like Max/Kattar. poo poo like Smith/Texeira and Yan/Aldo are perfect examples too.

There also needs to be bottom up change regarding the culture of these things, particularly around corners throwing in the towel which is all but taboo right now. Unfortunately given the types of personalities involved in general, I just don't really see it happening any time soon. Many fans and even fighters would have been pissed if, for example, the Holloway/Kattar fight had been stopped at some point. I don't see much changing until that changes.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

CommonShore posted:

I would have not been upset had the fight been stopped in the 3rd minute of round 4 (it might have been rd3). There was a moment with around 2:20 left in the round that Kattar wobbled and rocked, and was only supported by the fence while eating shitloads of shots that were answered only by wild haymakers. A stoppage was 100% justified there. I was yelling at the screen. The rest was just him being beaten up, and it seemed like Max took his foot off of the gas in the 5th a bit just out of mercy.

There's a bit of an absurd dichotomy where the standard for "intelligent defense" is totally different if a guy is mounted vs. on their feet. On one hand I get it cause being mounted is way worse, but the other ineffectually covering up while eating shot after shot isn't any better just cause you're badly circling with your back on the cage.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Dana probably wants nothing to do with Oliveira vs. Poirier for the belt

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

CarlCX posted:

I'm still baffled by how Hooker was fighting but I am way too fuckin' jazzed about Poirier to be mad.

Yeah he looked like poo poo. Seriously compare and contrast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXoi8PN8CVM

It's like a different guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Aye Doc posted:

uhh, well it looks like we're getting Diego Sanchez vs. Donald Cerrone on May 8 and Diego also had to let us know how horny for Conor he is

https://twitter.com/DiegoSanchezUFC/status/1357472457104318465

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1357522098617524224

Is this a loser leaves town fight lol. I can’t see Cerrone losing this but man would that be embarrassing.