Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I got the link you need in the top of the Cytube page.

Also you'll generally get better results with Google Chrome, Firefox has run into issues with playing the Google Drive videos lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

quote:

Mark your calendars! Toonami's gifting you an action-packed winter. On December 11, catch BLADE RUNNER: BLACK LOTUS at midnight, followed by three back-to-back-to-back episodes of Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon starting at 12:30a. Then on December 18, check out another brand new episode of BLADE RUNNER: BLACK LOTUS at midnight, followed by the animated feature The Animatrix at 12:30a, plus some exclusive Rick and Morty shorts starting at 2:45a! Check out the full line-ups below and don't miss Toonami, every Saturday night!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well now I gotta get ANOTHER movie!!!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I will watch the Yashahime Power Hour-and-a-half because I am a trash animal and I like to eat garbage from the dumpster.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

I. M. Gei posted:

I will watch the Yashahime Power Hour-and-a-half because I am a trash animal and I like to eat garbage from the dumpster.
same

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

:same:

I need to see in what new way Moroha not only doesn't get to participate in the fights, but what fresh stupidity Setsuna and Towa get to do because they are Sesshomarus daughters so it's okay.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
lol :same:

just have to double check the bar is stocked beforehand :cheers:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I didn't even get into Inuyasha, so Yashahime is a nonstarter for me, I don't know what's going on and it all seems kinda boring to me. If it were just Moroha and was more like Boruto, maybe I'd like it more, but eh.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The biggest problem with the show plot wise is that nobody gives a poo poo about what is ostensibly the main plot with the conflict between Sesshomaru and Kirinmaru. Even the stuff about the pearls are a nonstarter, like Towa just giving hers away without really caring.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Yashahime feels like someone mixed up a Shesshomaru fan fic with the actual script

And they really hated Inuyasha and Kagome.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

The biggest problem with the show plot wise is that nobody gives a poo poo about what is ostensibly the main plot with the conflict between Sesshomaru and Kirinmaru. Even the stuff about the pearls are a nonstarter, like Towa just giving hers away without really caring.

Yeah, like, I feel like I could do a much longer post but the central problem with Yashahime is there is no real goal and no stakes at all. In Inuyasha there are two goals: get the Shikon Jewel/jewel shards, and kill Naraku. All the cast members have various reasons to want those things to happen, but they all want them done. The stakes are that with every jewel shard Naraku grows stronger, and he's evil, and iirc if you get the whole jewel you get a wish like a dragon ball (might be remembering that wrong). Oh and Miroku will definitely die in a hellish death vortex, but that's only him.

In Yashahime there are barely any goals (definitely no shared goals) and zero stakes. Towa wants to free Setsuna from the dream butterfly even though it seems like it's not at all detrimental to her life in any way (even though it's very clear that what she really desperately wants is for some sort of real sisterly bond with Setsuna to form and she's just using the dream butterfly as a pretense for that), Moroha wants to get motherfucking paid son to get out from under her crushing debt but like, it doesn't seem to impede her life in any way, she's not starving or anything; Setsuna wants... nothing, her nonchalance towards life could rival her dad's. The stakes are again, nothing, supposedly they have to kill Kirinmaru and/or Sesshomaru but neither of them seem to be really doing anything at all. And maybe get the rainbow pearls? But who the gently caress knows. Kirinmaru's only slightly cares because he's prophesied to die at the hand of a half-demon, he doesn't even really seem to care, he's probably lay off forever if the girls promised to not come at him. At least Naraku hated Inuyasha too.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 3, 2021

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Supersonic Shine posted:

There it is, the Doofenschmirtz shot!

Supersonic Shine posted:

There’s probably a platypus secret agent in this world, too.

Rhonne posted:

Curse that Perry the Platypus!
Right Click > Show All Controls > Enable Sound
https://i.imgur.com/hlem2uq.mp4

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I don't get it

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I. M. Gei posted:

I don't get it

The villain on My Hero Academia looks somewhat similar to Doctor Doofenshmirtz from the TV show Phineas and Ferb. Thus, the video is edited to reference that similarity by dubbing in dialog referencing Doof's nemesis, a platypus in a hat named "Perry".

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

fit em all up in there posted:

Mark your calendars! Toonami's gifting you an action-packed winter. On December 11, catch BLADE RUNNER: BLACK LOTUS at midnight, followed by three back-to-back-to-back episodes of Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon starting at 12:30a. Then on December 18, check out another brand new episode of BLADE RUNNER: BLACK LOTUS at midnight, followed by the animated feature The Animatrix at 12:30a, plus some exclusive Rick and Morty shorts starting at 2:45a! Check out the full line-ups below and don't miss Toonami, every Saturday night!
So it looks like the rest of December is going to be:

Today 12/4: Blade Runner Black Lotus Marathon with the new Episode 5 followed by a repeat of the first 5 episodes

12/11: Blade Runner Black Lotus Episode 6 and a Triple Yashahime Triple Threat (Ep 22-24) to finish up the first season, but don't worry, there's more pain being dubbed as we speak

12/18: Blade Runner Black Lotus Episode 7 and the Animatrix to tie in with the new Matrix Resurrections movie, plus new Rick and Morty short

12/25: It's Christmas so everyone is spending time with their family

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The United States posted:

12/25: It's Christmas so everyone is spending time with their family

Cowards, just show that MHA Christmas episode on loop

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

Blade Runner: Black Lotus - After 4 fuckin' episodes, we finally have some semblance of a plot: Elle's gonna hunt down and murder the rich assholes that were hunting her & other replicants for sport, one of whom is an officer in the LAPD. Who wants to bury the fact that a replicant killed Senator Armstrong because...? I'm legit confused as to why a cop doesn't want to fob blame for a serious crime off onto a persecuted minority, particularly when they've already been shown playing The Most Dangerous Game with said minority.

Yashahime - Ugh, we'll cover this next week, I'm still involuntarily facepalming every time I think of last week's episodes

Food Wars - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np6vAuS0KNs

New episode of BR: Black Lotus at midnight tonight... followed by a Black Lotus marathon from 0030-0300, which will include the same drat episode that premiered at midnight

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Endwalker is here so idk how much me or Waffle are gonna pay attention to the playlist, but get in here anyway, losers

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm nearly done with my shift so I will probably be paying attention for as long as my queue. Brynhildr's been alright today so here's hoping.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

oh, and before I forget again

TRIP REPORT
Genesis performing live fuckin' slaps, but man oh man has age not been kind to Phil Collins.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Recommendation for anyone interested in beautiful animated films, Netflix recently added "The Summit of the Gods." It is a French adaptation of a manga (which is an adaptation of a Japanese novel.) The story follows a Japanese photojournalist who tries to figure out what has happened to a once famous Japanese climber who has since disappeared.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Arist posted:

Endwalker is here so idk how much me or Waffle are gonna pay attention to the playlist, but get in here anyway, losers

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Good luck to yall braving the login queues though, they are terrible right now! I'm gonna be watching Toonami tonight mostly to kill time to like 3 am or something to where i can get in some playtime without waiting 2 hours to log in.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Argus Zant posted:

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI
Blade Runner: Black Lotus - Awakening from a dream on the replicant hunting grounds, L finds out she can overcome her conditioning and kill humans. No one wants to believe it, even though replicants killing humans has happened often enough that it is the whole reason the titular blade runners exist, but I guess no one wants to blow the whistle on the biggest CEO in the world that the new models are defective

Yashahime - No new episode this week, back with a triple threat next week

Food Wars - Series is over, that's it

In related news Sword Art Online also has a terrible new movie releasing only in theaters this weekend, hopefully it's not popular enough to cause a big omicron outbreak

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 5, 2021

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Still playing Endwalker, I picked a bad time to start this cutscene lmao

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

I bet you anything this dude in the trenchcoat is a blade runner

e: called that poo poo like 1-800-COLLECT

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Just realized the phrase "a few days away from retirement" carries an even more ominous meaning for Replicants.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

A new life awaits you in the off-world colonies

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Some of these shots can be good but so often the show just looks cheap.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
no food, just liquor

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

muscles like this! posted:

Some of these shots can be good but so often the show just looks cheap.

When it's a big landscape shot or like close up on Elle everything looks fairly pretty but everything else, or getting close up on anything/anyone else? Ehhhhhhhh

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Elle getting ready to find the guy who shot her in the head twice.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I don't think firing off a gun on the roof is a good idea.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

That seems like bad firearm safety

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

I don't think that's the Wallace logo from 2049

also, am I the only one who thinks this design for Leto-Wallace looks dumb as hell and not at all in keeping with his aesthetic in 2049?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Yeah you can get shitfaced as a Replicant but it won't help you forget things like us humans

aw gently caress he said it

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
what now

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Supersonic Shine posted:

Elle getting ready to find the guy who shot her in the head twice.

From her perspective this must seem like a 14 karat run of bad luck.

But the truth is...

...it was rigged from the start.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
lol wtf was that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

was that even a song?