Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
Uzumaki
Fena Pirate Princess
That Blade Runner Thing
Trick Question: They're all bad
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop
View Results

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

muscles like this! posted:

Demon Slayer is in an odd position because the movie is going to be required viewing going forward (as it adapts the next story arc) but there's no way that Toonami is going to be able to afford to air it.
They're probably hoping it gets the Battle of the Gods/Resurrection F treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Wait was that AIDS girl

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Hell yeah Bryce is back

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

don't worry kirito the harem's here

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Kept you waiting, huh?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Argus Zant posted:

holy poo poo, only 19 fatalities? that's a motherfucking miracle considering you had a california wildfire break out in the middle of a city in the middle of the day
That flame vortex into giant ice sculpture stunt is singlehandedly responsible for it

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

What's Johnny Fiveaces up to?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

drat, Earth got wrecked
Fire Force's setting is one of the most bleak shonen settings I've ever seen

Animals as a whole are basically extinct now

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

TwoPair posted:

Wait, we're at final exams? I thought the whole thing was that at the end of term Koro-sensei was gonna destroy the planet?
This is the finals for this semester. Koro-Sensei has been here for like, 4 months now?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

The Five Heavenly Students

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

The Asano family are such giant pieces of poo poo, I love them

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Arist posted:

Cool! I still think he was miscast!
Honestly I think the Principal's dub voice is incredible

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

800 WPM

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Bro Dad posted:

should have taken the chance to kill them and take over the school according to vanguardist revolutionary principles

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

TwoPair posted:

You guys need to stop playing fair and get AI-chan on these questions
About that

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Rhonne posted:

Hopefully they move Fire Force, rear end Class, and SSSS up after SAO ends. Is there anything planned to replace it?
I presume Attack on Titan's final season will be hitting the bloc some time in the next 3 or so months

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Ah. I see.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

So, correct me if I'm wrong here, but the last major twist in the anime was the team discovering there's an entire modern world and that the land that the City is in is home to a bunch of rejected genetic mutants capable of turning into Titans when placed in contact with the berserk serum, right?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

So, who is this army in white fighting right now? Do we know that yet?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Ah, i was operating under the belief that Marley was, like, the only surviving civilization

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Oh poo poo they kept the eyecatches this time

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

So if that text blurb was accurate, Marley overthrew the Eldians then used the remanining Titans to pick fights with all the other countries?

god Marley sucks
When they aren't using the Titans to disrupt the ghetto they threw most of the Eldians into, at least.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Nah Eldians are just taken out of the Interment zone to serve as cannon fodder in their wars. And Criminals sent to Paridis island to Harass it's walls after being transformed into Pure Titans.
I was referring to Paridis when I was talking about "the ghetto they threw most of the Eldians in"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

so did Reiner get his schizophrenia under control during the timeskip

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

So it feels like, outside of Paradis, technology has advanced to the point that Titans are starting to lose a bit of their tactical value

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Looks like Marley started a fight with Paradis to get the Founding Titan to avoid getting owned by all the other countries they're fighting with

god Marley sucks
And the Founding Titan is Eren's, stolen from the King's daughter by Eren's dad?

Sorry, my memory of this series isn't very sharp at this point.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

no way kirito is gonna worm his way out of this one

(kirito easily worms his way out)

ah well, nevertheless

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Alright, last Attack on Titan question for the night: does the series ever address why they had like 5 of their most valuable assets just hang out on spying missions in Paradis without any further military support, unsurprisingly leading to the loss of several of them

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Did Kirito actually kill a man

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Argus Zant posted:

it was, i believe, meant to be a covert ops thing where they were supposed to A)Infiltrate Paradis and find out what military technology they had/what the political situation was (hence why one of Bigfoot's first appearances was him jacking a 3DMG unit, and B)Weakening their defences and generally sabotaging their society to make an actual military invasion easier (hence why the first episode of the series is Brock Lesnar & Colossus Atlas destroying the outer walls).

mind you, that's just what I suspect/have been lead to believe, because I don't think the rationale for their mission has actually been brought up or adressed
This sorta makes sense but makes Marley seem kinda incompetent to me (shocking, I know), you'd think they would imbed a network of other informants so that their Titan trump cards wouldn't have to take on all the risk.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

remember when kirito was just a powergamer who had more levels than everyone else and was really good at a particular skillset

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

I wonder if Fire Force's mangaka was having an off-day when he designed Pan Ko Paat

"gently caress it, he blows on a whistle half the time, that's his character"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Polygynous posted:

what the gently caress are these accents
They're yet another novel attempt at adapting a heavy Osakan accent

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

SgtSteel91 posted:

Did he always have that accent?
No he slipped into it when talking with family, which I can attest (my mom originally being from Alabama) is a very real thing

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Rhonne posted:

Aren't they supposed to be Chinese?
Nope, as far as we know the Tokyo Empire is literally the only civilization that survived the Great Catacysm, and they reclaimed some of China for agriculture

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

what the gently caress happened to China
same thing that happened to the rest of the entire planet except for Tokyo

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Oh by the way the real crazy thing about this mole guy here isn't that he can talk, it's that he exists in the first place because in this setting every animal species except humanity and the weird insects the cultists of the Evangelist use are supposed to be extinct

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

I. M. Gei posted:

wait

I thought all the animals in Fire Force Universe were extinct

why are there suddenly a bunch of talking ones?
You're right, that IS the case and it sure is weird, huh

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Funky Valentine posted:

Oh my god it's General Ivan.
oh wow yeah I can hear Gero now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Supersonic Shine posted:

I wonder if animals can turn Infernal. Imagine a hippo turning into one of those.
About that