Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The conceit of this show is that it’s supposed to mimic a tokusatsu show as much as possible, so all the monsters have to be able to contain a guy. So the monster’s side tentacles are stiff where the arms of the guy wearing the monster costume would be and floppy after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Level Seven posted:

With all the expulsions this school presumably has, that student crowd size is a bit much

I wonder about those guys in the Chinese cuisine club who drill one single dish to perfection, and if that gets in the way of the biweekly “improvise a foodgasm-delivering dish or you’re expelled” thing.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
When I was a kid I had the Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad toys, which were just renamed Hyper Agent Gridman toys, on which this mech was based. They were rad as hell! The vehicles could combine into a humanoid robot in addition to becoming armor for Gridman/Servo, which doesn’t seem to be the case for this show.

I also had the set of two airships that would either combine to form a dragon or turn into a suit of armor and a big ol’ dragon cannon.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 8, 2021

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I HATE Food Hitler :mad:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The bad guy on whom Alexis Kerib stand-in was based is called Khan Digifier in the original show and Kilokhan in the western Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad. Is there some significance behind Alexis’ feminine western name, or is it just a case of things that sound cool names for a scary alien dude in Japanese not necessarily the sounding that way in English?

Did we find out if the SSSS initialization means anything different on this show?

There were Akane-like characters in the old shows too. IIRC it was a lovely rich business kid in the western show, and Wikipedia says the original bad kid was a social outcast.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I hate food Hitler :mad:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
On one hand, Food Hitler is The Worst. On the other, the previous administrator ran school in such a way that a student was summarily expelled for wearing scented hair gel on his first day to a class.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I think Manga has already used his power in as many ways as Echoes: Part 2, before his power was “upgraded” to just make things heavy.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Imagine giving your life so you can explode with the force that’s like punching someone really hard.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Argus Zant posted:

this simulcast on [as]'s website better be motherfucking good and live, because hulu seems to have decided to poo poo itself raw tonight and tell me that adults swim isn't currently on the air

Yeah, same problem here. It shows Fena airing on Cartoon Network East, but actually switching to it gives a screen saying CN will be back in the morning.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So Hulu Live still isn’t letting me watch this because it separates Adult Swim into a different channel than Cartoon Network, the adult swim channels say there’s nothing on, and the Cartoon Network channels say Fena is airing, but the actual feed says to come back tomorrow morning,

I can’t really watch it on the Adult Swim simulcast, because that requires a cable subscription, and getting rid of that was why we have Hulu.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
She made a tiny hat for her mutant Venus flytrap.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Going insane think about how the 8th ranked hero is washing machine-themed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The Final Flight of the Osiris basically kicks off the start of the second movie. It's like Rogue One to A New Hope.

The Enter the Matrix videogame stars different characters and takes place concurrently with Matrix: Reloaded. It was just a regular action game, the MMO came later and takes place after the third movie.