Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
Uzumaki
Fena Pirate Princess
That Blade Runner Thing
Trick Question: They're all bad
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop
View Results

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Absolutely do not tweet High School of the Dead

Even If a bunch of people wanted to request that, I think that is too raunchy even for Toonami. Food Wars was pushing it.

Plus High School of the Dead is a dead series cause the writer is dead.

muscles like this! posted:

Demon Slayer is in an odd position because the movie is going to be required viewing going forward (as it adapts the next story arc) but there's no way that Toonami is going to be able to afford to air it.

They may be able to do, depending on how it's treated when it goes westward.

Still I have no doubt it will be expensive given that it is the best selling movie of all time in Japan. (I bet Shouen Jump is really sad they let the manga end.)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Argus Zant posted:

son, did you not learn the motherfucking lesson when you saw your buddy's head asplode

Well he was murdered by his friend not by his brother's murderer.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Argus Zant posted:

holy poo poo, only 19 fatalities? that's a motherfucking miracle considering you had a california wildfire break out in the middle of a city in the middle of the day

19 + 39 as each infernal used to be a person.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

They kind of skip the whole joke with Juggernaut there. Namely that he was going on about Potato's all day.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Also that underground Volcano was Mount Fuji.

Argus Zant posted:

are we seriously using a loving paddleboat to cross the goddamned pacific

It's just over to China.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Dexo posted:

It's from Japan to China. It's like ~1000 miles.

Maybe less given how messed up the world is.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Has the AoT manga finished yet? Last time I checkes it was still going, but in the final arc

Three chapters left in middle of final battle.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Time for a creepy op.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

JT Jag posted:

So, correct me if I'm wrong here, but the last major twist in the anime was the team discovering there's an entire modern world and that the land that the City is in is home to a bunch of rejected genetic mutants capable of turning into Titans when placed in contact with the berserk serum, right?

Not mutants just people. Also not rejects just the remnants of an old empire, that forgot they were because the King brainwashed them to forget.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Argus Zant posted:

how the gently caress do you not have stationary rail lines under constant fire by artillery

like, come the gently caress on here

They don't have good enough Artillery.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm sorry are we fighting the loving Ottoman Empire here.

Mid Eastern Alliance so yeah probably.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

TwoPair posted:

The people of Marley, which is the nation that cast out all of our protagonists from the rest of the series.

We don't know their enemies

Not quite. The People of Paradis just left Marley. And Marley has been sending stray Titans at them for years after that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Argus Zant posted:

look, it's a long story, but the short version is that titans are not a problem in the rest of the world

Well they are a problem in that Marley uses them as weapons.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

So if that text blurb was accurate, Marley overthrew the Eldians then used the remanining Titans to pick fights with all the other countries?

god Marley sucks

"Marley: A Military Dictatorship."

That alone says they suck.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I do not like this timeskip and/or cut to a bunch of new cast members that we're doing, I'd rather just see what Eren and the rest of the crew are doing.

We will see.

JT Jag posted:

When they aren't using the Titans to disrupt the ghetto they threw most of the Eldians into, at least.

Nah Eldians are just taken out of the Interment zone to serve as cannon fodder in their wars. And Criminals sent to Paridis island to Harass it's walls after being transformed into Pure Titans.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

They way I see it, these days there's a war on, right? And ages ago, there wasn't a war on, right? So, there must've been a moment when there-not-being-a-war-on went away, and there-being-a-war-on came along. What I want to know is, how did we get from the one case of affairs to the other case of affairs?

Mareley has been in constant wars forever. We just have not seen them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

JT Jag posted:

I was referring to Paridis when I was talking about "the ghetto they threw most of the Eldians in"

Paridis was just were the Eldian King and his followers went to, when the King got tired of running an Empire. Then wiped his people's memory of there ever being anyone outside.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

I know that headshape and hair.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

It was stated last season that one of the Major reasons Marley wanted to conquer Paradis was because Paradis has tons of Oil.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

JT Jag posted:

And the Founding Titan is Eren's, stolen from the King's daughter by Eren's dad?

Sorry, my memory of this series isn't very sharp at this point.

The King of the Walls passed down the Founding Titan through his family, who also inherited said King's feelings of passivism, and lack of interest in doing anything with the power. Eren's Dad stole the power after asking the Queen Frieda to stop the titan invasion and her refusal made him act.

Then likely because he was running of time in his lifespan he fed himself to Eren.

Argus Zant posted:

no no, Erin's titan power is that of the (say it with me now) Attack Titan; I think the Founding Titan is something else that still hasn't been seen or identified

It's both now. Eren has both the Attack and Founding Titan within him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Arist posted:

So when time accelerates treedude will be even more braindead than he already would have been when he got out of that, lmao

Tree dude is the Laughing Coffin leader right?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

JT Jag posted:

I wonder if Fire Force's mangaka was having an off-day when he designed Pan Ko Paat

"gently caress it, he blows on a whistle half the time, that's his character"

He's voiced by Jotaro in JP.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

Did he always have that accent?

Nope

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

TwoPair posted:

No, Sociopath Emperor is the leader, Tree dude is his #2

I mean Laughing Coffin the PK gang from the first season. I don't think Vecta/ Gabe was involved.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Aren't they supposed to be Chinese?

No.

Also time for being high.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

what the gently caress happened to China

The world was set on fire.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

well yes, but how do you get talking animals out of that

How do you get people turning into Fire Demons out of that and tons of people suddenly getting super powers. It's not clear yet.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Also for the chapter covering these events this was the cover.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Oh by the way the real crazy thing about this mole guy here isn't that he can talk, it's that he exists in the first place because in this setting every animal species except humanity and the weird insects the cultists of the Evangelist use are supposed to be extinct

I imagine some of the animals local to Tokyo lived.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

I. M. Gei posted:

wait

I thought all the animals in Fire Force Universe were extinct

why are there suddenly a bunch of talking ones?

Some lived but most died.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

The fact there are probably countless billions of Internals burning across the world, it's kind of creepy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Oh wait so is this/Amaterasu just a nuclear reactor?

Perpetual Energy Reactor. It also does things like restore life to the air and ground.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Should note that evil father and son make up in the manga in the only way they really could. (It sadly does not happen this way in the anime)

The Principal and his son bond by talking about how much money they're going to make by suing each other. Ending the scene by telling Gakushuu that they'll go file their complaints together, and them walking off happily.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Argus Zant posted:

You sent 32 motherfucking ships out? 32? What the gently caress made you think anything after ship #2 was gonna end any motherfucking better? How motherfucking stupid are you loving people?

Some ships nearly shot the Armored Titan and Beast Titan to death.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

This girl is the Cart Titan.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Huh, her titan form seemed pretty bland and generic as opposed to poo poo like the Colossal/Armored/Beast ones. But yeah, quite sad.

It's small and mobile, with strong jaws.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

quote:

The Jaw Titan is an assault unit. Its small size makes it the swiftest of all. Its powerful claws and jaws can crush just about anything.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Argus Zant posted:

I think it might have been that hunchbacked one with an entire artillery battery strapped to its back in the previous episode.

No that's the Cart Titan.

quote:

The Cart Titan, with its unusually high endurance, is well suited to long missions. This allows us to equip it with armaments, expanding the variety of tactics at our disposal.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

I. M. Gei posted:

Again, I say to you

gently caress Gabi

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Also Gabi is Reiner's cousin.