Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
Uzumaki
Fena Pirate Princess
That Blade Runner Thing
Trick Question: They're all bad
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop
View Results

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

Fire Force -

Assassination Classroom - One of our classmates is a dumbass who nearly got most of us killed by working for Lemonhead Mk. II, but it's okay, because he also managed to set off LM2's seasonal allergies.

It has been 1 week since Cowboy Bebop was last on Toonami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Wait was that AIDS girl

as I fly off in my F-16 after blowing up Big Shell, I hear a ghostly voice from the ether: "Remember, the AIDS will be with you... always."

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

can't shake the feeling that Titan is gonna be a screaming trainwreck

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Arist posted:

rip dumbasses, you gave kirito trauma forever

as blighted and stupid as this loving franchise is, that episode was still some poo poo

not for any reason the producers intended, mind you, but still

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

lots of little things

little things burn goooood

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

son, did you not learn the motherfucking lesson when you saw your buddy's head asplode

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

are the Ss in Gridman some kind of Interstella callback? because that's what I'm reminded of

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Gridman was a preestablished franchise, so itís probably self-referential.

somebody should still figure out how to make a rock opera/concept album anime

gimme an anime adaptation of Ziggy Stardust or Tommy, why don't you

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

holy poo poo, only 19 fatalities? that's a motherfucking miracle considering you had a california wildfire break out in the middle of a city in the middle of the day

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

had we already established that Waldo was working with Caleb? because if not, then i'm not surprised. and if so, I totally remembered that and am not surprised in a more droll way

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

drat, i thought the Age of Fire was just a permanent wildfire season, not Dr. Evil sending the nuclear drill tank into Earth's core

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

oh this oughta end real fuckin' well

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

PO

TAY

TOES

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

are we seriously using a loving paddleboat to cross the goddamned pacific

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Dexo posted:

It's from Japan to China. It's like ~1000 miles.

maybe i'm just nautically inexperienced, but that still seems an absurd journey across deep sea for something usually only seen on freshwater rivers

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

what did I miss/not get

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

chapman

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

"I just observe, not interact. Ignore that time I stepped in and hosed with midterms, or that time i assumed direct control of the baseball team."

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

right, which one of these losers do we kneecap first

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

right

time to turn into this dickhead's cat and learn his psychological weaknesses

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

loving what

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

will someone please tell Lemonhead to stop whispering suggestive comments into women's ears

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I wonder what their mother is like

probably either dead or committed

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

don't make blood wagers with people trained to kill, dipshits

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

our counter-demand should be their eyes

with a mellonballer

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

this is George, the union sent him to fill in for HAL

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Hey moron, what is going to make them actually follow your dumb contract?

the only way i can phrase it is "it's Japan". the idea of responding with "you and what army" is not in the vernacular

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOOAMI

Fire Force - Well, our efforts to get Crassus away from the Templars went completely to poo poo, so now we need to go to (what's left of) China to figure out just what the gently caress the Templars are up to.

Assassination Classroom - Uh-oh! It's time for the final exams for this semester, and Vice-principal Chapman's son is threatening to turn our whole class into chattel slaves if we don't score better than them! Also, Chapman II doesn't know about the whole "Lemonhead is an eldritch inkling who's here to blow up the Earth" thing.

PREVIOUSLY, ON ATTACK ON TITAN
So it turns out that what we thought was the entire world was actually just Danger Island, and the actual rest of the world not only doesn't have to put up with carnivorous megafauna, but also has a technology level on par with Earth circa WW1 (as opposed to Danger Island, which has a tech level of circa the 30 Years' War). Also it turns out that the whole reason we're even on Danger Island in the first place is a lot of poo poo concerning ethnic conflict and segregation and boy howday did the show start trying to draw a lot of parallels to real-life antisemitism and ethnonationalism in a way that inspired zero confidence in the writer's ability to not turn this into a burning trainwreck. There was other stuff that happened, but it's probably not gonna be as imminently plot-critical as all that poo poo was.

ATTACK ON TITAN RETURNS TONIGHT AT 0030

It has been 2 weeks since Cowboy Bebop was last on Toonami

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

JT Jag posted:

I presume Attack on Titan's final season will be hitting the bloc some time in the next 3 or so months

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

For potential shows

[shouted, while banging fists on the table in rhythm] PRO-MISED NEVER-LAND

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

STAND BY FOR TITANFALL

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

oh good. we're just in time for the 18th Battle of the Izonso.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

are we finally gonna get Titanosaurus Rex this season?

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

i know there's been production difficulties this past year, but still- this OP blows, yo

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

JT Jag posted:

So, correct me if I'm wrong here, but the last major twist in the anime was the team discovering there's an entire modern world and that the land that the City is in is home to a bunch of rejected genetic mutants capable of turning into Titans when placed in contact with the berserk serum, right?

more or less, yeah, though it's less "genetic mutants" and more "anime Jews"

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Bro Dad posted:

WWI but they put naval guns on top of high medieval walls

that's basically just what pre-war forts along the French/German border were, really- not that they accomplished much, mind you

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

how the gently caress do you not have stationary rail lines under constant fire by artillery

like, come the gently caress on here

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

JT Jag posted:

So, who is this army in white fighting right now? Do we know that yet?

other mainland/rest-of-the-world forces; this is some separate political fighting from all the stuff we've been doing and seeing previously

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Ah, i was operating under the belief that Marley was, like, the only surviving civilization

look, it's a long story, but the short version is that titans are not that big of a problem in the rest of the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

They way I see it, these days there's a war on, right? And ages ago, there wasn't a war on, right? So, there must've been a moment when there-not-being-a-war-on went away, and there-being-a-war-on came along. What I want to know is, how did we get from the one case of affairs to the other case of affairs?

if you have a superweapon like titans/Phazon Pirates, you don't go around just NOT using them