Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX8GG3dnsp8

Oh right, I forgot that it was a GEN-2 Tyrant that was capable of speech, for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

fit em all up in there posted:

When did the last season finish again

I wanna say.... this time last year? We had entered the era of VAs recording from home by that point, because MHA had to re-run a few episodes a couple of times to make up for production delays.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

oh poo poo, that chinese rocket's coming down hard! everybody to the bunker!

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

And this, is our Assassination Classroom.

Man, i'd pay money to see Murder Inc. take on the League of Villains with lethal force authorizations. Ain't none of these ding-dongs taking down Lemonhead, though.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

man, there was something within the past couple of months where I was like "I gotta bust out a Revelry in the Dark reference for this" but now I can't loving remember what the gently caress it was

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

I just realized 15 minutes have gone by

holy poo poo

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

whoops-a-doodle

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Tailman

Quirk: Is Luke Skywalker

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

he really is just the fuckin' worst

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

christ, Wesker's here

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

why couldn't Alice have more screentime and plot presence than Erina? Alice's side of the family is the cool & good one instead of being a dumpster fire.

like, which would you rather have more of on this show: Swedish Chef, or loving Albert Wesker?

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Rhonne posted:

That seems like a crime.

Look, if KLK taught me anything, it taught me that japanese high schools are basically sovereign states unto themselves that can set and police their own laws

it taught me things other than that, mind you, but that was a big takeaway

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

congrats, Soma, you're a collaborator now

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

That seems like a BAD WAY TO RUN A SCHOOL

doing things efficiently/correctly is not the point of fascism; the point is to ruthlessly poo poo on anybody who isn't you

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

what the gently caress kind of culinary school is this that there hasn't been a single loving reference to or mention of breakfast food?

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Level Seven posted:

The breakfast buffet test

oh right, that. you'll have to forgive me, the sudden spate of orgasms distracted me

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

EIN VOLK

EIN KUCHEN

EIN REICH

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Strawberry Pyramid posted:

Combined with his hatred of serving "the unworthy", this implies Aizen is actually Food Hitler and plans on starving everyone in Japan who isn't elite enough to death.

that's literally how Arist brought this poo poo up ages ago when he talked about how Food Wars goes to poo poo. "Everything will be fine for a while, but then Food Hitler will cometh"

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Arist posted:

No dude, we're still in the part of this series I more-or-less enjoy

oh man

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

jesus god allmighty

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

a year??????

a motherfucking year?????

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

i can't loving even right now

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

JT Jag posted:

if it's been an entire year why are half the kids still like 3 feet tall

not much nutrition to be had when you're on the run like this

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

In the manga they spent most of this time actually living in the bunker. They spent a LOT of the series there.

that sure as poo poo wasn't the impression that I motherfucking got!

holy loving poo poo, we are not even at the commercial break and I am already at my breaking point for this week's measure of grotesque disappointment with this season

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Seriously just read the manga

yeah, im deffo hitting up amazon this next payday. i was ready for some measure of being let down, but this... this is a loving travesty.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

Do humans not smell any different?

they do, but the kids mentioned how the shopping party takes pains to mask their scent with herbs & stuff before leaving the hideout

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

oh gently caress

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

no motherfucking way

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

THE DEAD SPEAK

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

TwoPair posted:

What about that Mujika lady from the forest who talked about how it was her religion, and wasn't in it for the purpose of free-range kids?

you ever see that Stroker & Hoop episode with the cannibals? "If you are what you eat, and I eat hamburgers, that makes ME a hamburger, not a person?"

part of me would not be surprised if she was working on a similar transitive property

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Do they have to be naked for this?

can't get road rash if you're wearing your leathers, i guess

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

man, whatever happened to just sending dudes through the mile-long spanking machine? dumbass hazing ain't what it used to be, i tell you

Strawberry Pyramid posted:

I appreciate he admits he doesn't really know why the hazing is part of it, just that's what his training involved and that obviously worked so why rock the boat?

boomer_logic.txt

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

The Shame Boy posted:

Clearly i need to get my rear end kicked more often then

keep in mind that doing that poo poo is pretty rough on your body and can easily cause permanent damage

so, you know, absolutely not the kind of thing you want to do on the regular or do intentionally

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

oh poo poo, Thanos is here to kill this old dude

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

yeah, no, dude, he totally killed himself via self-crucifixion and industrial-strength acupuncture. very common method, actually.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Rhonne posted:

The gently caress is that!?

looked kinda like if Zombie-Meow from Space Dandy got in with the wrong kind of crowd, if you ask me

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

is this why Death City was out in the middle of a scorched wasteland?

I know the real reason is that it's supposed to be out in the middle of fuckin' Nevada, but still

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

It's on the S.J app

Subs are $2 a month

I just... i just think it would look nice on my shelf, is all

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

The Shame Boy posted:

Speaking of which who is ready for World Television Premieres of Shippuden from now till the end of time :toot:

3 AM. The final frontier. These are the voyages of the anime program Nort. Its 3-year mission: to extend strange new filler. To clog up new timeslots and new programming allocations. To boldly show what no insomniac has seen before! [extended, Barney Gumble-esque belch in place of theme music]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

My Hero Academia - We get re-introduced to everybody because it's been like a solid year since the show was last on. Also, some poo poo with the League of Villains having something to do with Abuse Dad's last outing against the Super Tyrant.

Food Wars - Soma has a class instructed by the neurotic wreck who captains the school's upper student echelon, culminating in a challenge for a non-official Mortal Kombat. Also, if you thought people were kidding about Wesker being Food Hitler, then let me tell you something: they absofuckinglutely were not, because his ultimate goal is to literally rid Japan of all "undesirable" restaurants and eateries that do not espouse the glory of the Aryan palate. Not a single element of that last sentence was fabricated or exaggerated in any way, shape, or form; he is literally plotting a Nazi purge of ünterküchen.

The Promised Neverland - After spending the better part of a year (?!?!?!?) on the run, the kids have settled in the ruins of a demon church outside a demon town. There's a brief moment where it looks like the jig is up and we've been discovered, but then we're saved from certain butchery because *inhales deeply* [such an extremely Brian Blessed voice that it hurts] NORMAN'S ALIVE!

Fire Force - Back half of a training arc. I don't know what else to tell you. Oh, and we miiiiight have been living in the Soul Eater universe this whole time? Maybe?

Black Clover Episode 149: The Green Skullcrusher Mountain - On the eve of Skullcrusher Mountain's annual Hog Muddin' Race, Napoleon Babbin-Tolouse's entry is dinged on a possible drug-taking violation.

Dr. Stone - 3000 years ago. all of humanity on Earth was suddenly and inexplicably turned to stone by a mysterious energy wave from out of the blue. Now, as one of a handful of humans to escape their petrified stasis, Senku Ishigami must use his giant-rear end brain to lift the tribal descendants of mankind's final astronauts out of the New Stone Age and back to technological supremacy. Unfortunately, our biggest obstacle- apart from how the loving Boomers used up all the fossil fuels- is Tsukasa Shishio, who now leads his own little Cultural Revolution of de-petrified humans, hell-bent on stamping out this burgeoning new age of technology and keeping mankind locked in a permanent Dark Age. But we've already managed to re-invent Coca-Cola, radio transmitters, and Hanzo steel, so I'm sure we've got this in the bag.

DR. STONE RETURNS TONIGHT @ 0100

It has been 20 weeks since Cowboy Bebop was last on Toonami