Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

MonsterEnvy posted:

So this scene is weird cause cause it's anime original, and despite that is never followed up on. Isabella never goes after the kids.

what the gently caress was this production

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
is our lesbian moment of the night seriously coming from Black Clover of all shows

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
"We see you, we hear you, now disperse and return to your homes!"

yeah, that famously always works out well for all involved

EDIT: "You can't be gay demon summoning cultists here, so gently caress off to... I dunno, Spade? Heart? Whatever, just get yer deviancy outta here so it ain't our problem anymore."

Great loving message there, anime.

Strawberry Pyramid fucked around with this message at 07:55 on May 2, 2021

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Murderous psycho lesbians marching off to die in the freezing reaches is a real weird note to end this filler arc on.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
just pluck out your own eye and sever the nerve with your bare hand, no biggie

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Supersonic Shine posted:

I think this is also considered Goku Day.

:thejoke:

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Waffleman_ posted:

Last season, we kinda....ended in the middle of an arc. It's a bit awkward.

Yeah, this fight wasn't actually over, which kinda threw me when I got to this point in the manga and was like "wait, what, I don't remember this".

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Argus Zant posted:

I wanna say.... this time last year? We had entered the era of VAs recording from home by that point, because MHA had to re-run a few episodes a couple of times to make up for production delays.

It was very on-brand to dub the climax to the Youtube Criminal arc from lockdown towel rigs.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Man, remember when Iida and Uraraka were posited as the other parts of the Main Trio before Bakugo and What's-His-Burn-Face ate the popularity polls?

good times

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

muscles like this! posted:

Kind of funny how the commercials for this season have talked about Class 1-B's time to shine but the story can't even find time for everyone in Class 1-A.

This is the arc the story tries to be like One Piece and it don't work ironically enough for a superhero league story.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Its funny how long it takes the Dabi stuff to finally pay off.

Looking back on when Dabi was introduced, I can see what the plan was and why it happened that way but yeah it's a hell of a slow burn for what it ends up being.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

The thing I don't get about Food Hitler is what anyone gets for actually following him. Like it doesn't seem like anyone was exactly suffering under the previous head of the school.

It looks like about half of the elite of the elite decided they weren't elite enough so they decided to vote into power a guy who would let them grind the people below them into the dirt even more than were allowed to before.

and cat lady just likes loving with everyone for lulz

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
so is the end goal to whittle down the student body until it's literally just the elite douchebags

because this seems like a good way of doing that

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

MonsterEnvy posted:

No it's just make everyone cook, the way Central want you to.

but if no one can keep up with those absurdly high standards, the result is the same: the students attrition down to the elite anyway

admittedly, it's just an acceleration of how the school seemed to operate before, but just now overtly mean about rather than matter-of-factly

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Argus Zant posted:

what the gently caress kind of culinary school is this that there hasn't been a single loving reference to or mention of breakfast food?

only peasants eat food before noon, bohemian

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
cook, cook, cook away the possible prion contamination!

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Combined with his hatred of serving "the unworthy", this implies Aizen is actually Food Hitler and plans on starving everyone in Japan who isn't elite enough to death.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Rhonne posted:

So like, if the only restaurants allowed to exist are the ones that serve their dumb rich people food, then where are the less wealthy people supposed to eat at?

When did you assume that everyone deserves to eat?

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
I'm reminded of Parasyte, but with class consciousness thrown in.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
I appreciate he admits he doesn't really know why the hazing is part of it, just that's what his training involved and that obviously worked so why rock the boat?

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
What do you get when you burn a piece of wood?

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Argus Zant posted:

keep in mind that doing that poo poo is pretty rough on your body and can easily cause permanent damage

so, you know, absolutely not the kind of thing you want to do on the regular or do intentionally

Deku's story in MHA is partly a teardown of the shonen trope of constantly pushing yourself past your limits: eventually you destroy your body fiber by fiber.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
I assume it's because of magnetism's relationship with electricity, which already falls under "fire superpower fodder" for this series.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
"The Clover Kingdom, where heteronormativity is everything, there lived a pair of psycho lesbians. They're freezing to death now."

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Polygynous posted:

beavers.

we've devolved to early naruto for filler ideas

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Polygynous posted:

last I saw they trapped the bad guy in a time loop but there's still over a hundred episodes?

nah, that was just the chump who summoned a bunch of cannon fodder, the real bad guys are still Doing Things

That said, I'm not sure why the Izanami wouldn't work on Madara or Tobi other than "they are pure concentrated Uchiha Bullshit"

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Polygynous posted:

UNLIMITED CHAKRA

shut up

I'm sure it was explained hundreds of episodes ago, but I don't get how being a ninja revanant lets you violate the laws of ninja magic, but whatever I don't really care.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Funky Valentine posted:

It's Japan, there was no fossil fuels there to begin with.

Ahahaha! Also, not relevant this season.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Its funny how quickly they make it clear that Hawks isn't actually a bad guy.

Even when he introduces moral ambiguity, Horikoshi definitely wants to keep good and evil clearly delineated in his western superhero comic love letter. It's actually rather refreshing, I feel.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Supersonic Shine posted:

Secondary effect of OFA: Force Ghosts living in your head.

I kinda love the OFA Brain Ghosts way better than Force Ghosts.

Too bad they take forever for really pay off in an interesting way for the story.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
All For One, we heard this crap before in Persona 5, and it was complete nonsense there too.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
All For One is basically that Hero Killer dude from One Punch Man, except actually evil and the main villain.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Dr. Stone S2 yaaaaaaaaaay

The first episode is technically anime-only filler. But still interesting, thankfully!

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Gen is available for birthday parties, weddings, bar mitzvahs, and manual labor handcrafting tons of battery cells.

His fee is free, because money doesn't exist in the Stone World.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Also, remember how Gen was supposed to be a womanizing lech in his bio? Yeah, neither does the series, he shows remarkably little interest in the women of the series.

Senku, however...

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Argus Zant posted:

Oh, wait! WAIT! I got one!

Smuggling drugs in their rear end. You think the drugs would still be intact?

Remarkably enough, yes.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Well, okay, the drugs, essentially being refined plants, would've probably decayed to nothing by this point.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Argus Zant posted:

yeah, but like: if your rear end was turned to stone, wouldn't your colon be a sealed, airless cavity?

Depends on the drugs in question, I guess: how much bacteria or fungal spores was in them? How much does the chemical composition of the drug inhibit baceterial activity?

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Kind of a waste to eat the noodles you just freeze dried when you haven't left the village yet but oh well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Argus Zant posted:

wouldn't hardtack biscuits and jerky worked just as well without requiring vacuum technology?

They don't have wheat or know how to bake leavened bread, and they don't have cattle or other farm animals to slaughter for meat.