Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica
This arc really highlights one of this series' issues: it's written like a big crossover event/origin story for a whole mess of individual superhero character series with interesting hooks that will never actually exist.

I mean let's be honest, The Ribbiting Adventures of Froppy alone would probably make bank just in Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica
Battle of the Chunnis

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica

Arist posted:

I'm realizing one of the big issues with this series is that it's nominally about heroism yet like a full half of the arcs are not about this and are instead about stupid bullshit it's impossible to care about in the form of completely uninspired shounen "I'm gonna be the strongest!" training and powerups.

The spinoff series is way better about this

The author literally wanted to make a whole series about a superhero origin story.

Which, uh, kinda drags after a while. Even the MCU eventually moved on to other stories with the characters they spent years establishing.

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica

Supersonic Shine posted:

Shroom girl is fuckin horrifying.

someone just let someone with a cthulu power into this bog standard superhero comic show

it's like when nico robin still got to do things and snapped that one dude's spine

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica
although the meatball dude from that rival school no one remembers is also super hosed up, just maybe not to this degree

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica
Recap: Nikki is the Best Female Character in this show.

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica

Argus Zant posted:

wait, he was a sonar operator? wouldn't that make him too old for Tsukasa's Cultural Revolution?

you ain't seen the half of tsukasa bendin the age rules to win this little war

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica

TwoPair posted:

Plus how does Tsukasa know what he used to do and that's why he was recruited? Did he have sonar tatooed on his head or something?

How did he know famous teen variety show magician Gen? Dude was a local celebrity, he knew people, and those people knew other people, and so on.

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica

TwoPair posted:

I know they're all with Team Tsukasa but I feel like more of these guys should have feelings about a new village full of people?

They believe they're just a band of dipshit neantherthals.

Also, Tsukasa is intentionally selecting for individuals with more brawn and testosterone poisoning than brains for the grunts. Guys who were probably spoiling to gently caress people up even back in 21st century Japan.

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica

Arist posted:

wouldn't it take much longer to build a car than to just walk

The concern is more the supplies, and there's other things they'll need a vehicle for once they get to the cave.

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica

The Shame Boy posted:

I would call it rediculous that Tsukasa thinks Senku on his own is gonna bring back all the hosed up weaponry science buuuut he has already managed to make flash grenades and katanas and now a CAR so....it's only a matter of time before Senku is casually explaining how to build a dirty bomb to these people right

The worst part is he's not entirely wrong about science users and weapons technology either, he's just identified the wrong guy for it in this case.

Funky Valentine posted:

He unleashed a chemical weapon on two of Tsukasa's Fist of the North Star goons.

Technically, he and Suika were just trying to scare them away: Hyouga was the one who dropped them off the tree into the acid gas.

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica
I just got back from a trip to the Smokies so gently caress you the mountains are loving awesome.

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica

muscles like this! posted:

Again, why don't they just expel the students instead of doing this bullshit where they have the potential to win?

the same reason japanese execs don't get fired, they get thrown into a useless office with a pointless role until they resign out of shame

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica

muscles like this! posted:

Like at this point the villains have moved from reasonable disagreements to buffoonish kids cartoon villains.

why are they trying to make the food nazis empathetic with whacky endearing character traits

stop that, bad show, no humanize the nazis, no biscuit

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica
Taking the phrase "he who controls the spice controls the world" a bit literally, I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica
The Pen of Accelerated Exposition

For when your group's going to disband for graduation but you really wanna finish this campaign up somehow.