Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I mean in the case of Buffy it was pretty much the entire cast calling him an rear end in a top hat so there's that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I'm not gonna say the Snyder cut of Justice League is particularly good, but it's definitely better than the Whedon cut, and if two different cast members call you an rear end in a top hat, you're an rear end in a top hat. One employee, maybe they're the rear end in a top hat, maybe it's just a misunderstanding. Two, you're the loving rear end in a top hat.

The snyder cut is great, but putting that aside, claiming with a straight face that Cyborgs story "didn't make sense" and that Fishers performance is bad is insane when we can not only compare Whedons poo poo to the real deal and judge for ourselves, but also because Rays performance was universally liked and praised, and his extended scenes well received.

That's putting aside the fact that Charisma carpenter, and several stunt people from both Buffy and JL (and also thr dude that plays spike an Dawn) came out and said he was an rear end in a top hat

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

He's a loving narcissist

https://twitter.com/MichaelF141/status/1483036881545748483?t=nR81kEXcLnbR2hKN9D2zqQ&s=19

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No awareness whatsoever, my god

Anyway yeah Snyder cut isn’t very good but Fisher’s scenes and performance are cool, definitely doesn’t make sense to blame it on him

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Didn't Michelle Trachtenberg say that while filming Buffy there was an unofficial rule that Whedon wasn't allowed to be alone with her? I'm surprised that didn't get more traction.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

LesterGroans posted:

Didn't Michelle Trachtenberg say that while filming Buffy there was an unofficial rule that Whedon wasn't allowed to be alone with her? I'm surprised that didn't get more traction.

I remember it getting a good bit of attention when it came out I think

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

In that article Whedon denied it was a thing, or at least knowing about it

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

McCloud posted:

In that article Whedon denied it was a thing, or at least knowing about it

Well, I'm reassured. Also who describes a sixteen-year-old as having a "circle".

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/visagermusic/status/1482955000712204293?s=20

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Escobarbarian posted:

No awareness whatsoever, my god

Anyway yeah Snyder cut isn’t very good but Fisher’s scenes and performance are cool, definitely doesn’t make sense to blame it on him

He’s probably trying to pin it on fisher because Fisher has been the most outspoken about how hosed and abusive the JL shoot was, and has already made himself a target of WB as a whole.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Hopefully this will be the straw the broke the camel's back and we'll finally be rid of Whedon. Probably not though.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I had a 5mm kidney stone last may and after two days of incredible pain and a brief ER stay where they gave me the maximum medically advisable dose of dilaudid, I found out from x-rays my urologist ordered that I have two more waiting in the wings, one in each kidney, both in the 6-7mm range, that are too big to pass and will require either ultrasonic disruption or surgery. So, that’s been a fun bit of anxiety hanging over me every time I have the slightest amount of abdominal pain.

Holy poo poo. I'd rather loving die. Mine was about 2mm. I think the one still in there is 3 or 4 and then there are a couple baby ones in the other kidney.

DRINK A LOT OF WATER, EVERYONE.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Yes, there is nothing quite as misogynistic as a man complaining about his ex-wife (that bitch.)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Somebody in another thread said it best: that interview is what happens when a narcissist fully embraces his own web of self-serving distortions and equivocations and begins to believe that all he needs to do to get people on his side is explain things more so that they’ll understand everything, which in a sense is true, but not in the sense he thinks it will.

That guy is a monster, moreso than I had believed prior to reading the article, and most of it comes as a confession directly from the man himself.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If your gonna be a lovely person as a director the least you can do is make movies that are good.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/mrfeelswildride/status/1483222188836618240?t=WpOuAxip8PonAJGm9xq8uA&s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
There's no way anyone reads that article and thinks "I should hire Joss Whedon to make a TV show or movie for me."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
There's also the part where it talks about how a family friend "went missing" when he was 5 and the kid was 4, and how months later his body turned up in a pond. After that he says something like "I invited him to come play with me at that pond and then left him there."

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Baron von Eevl posted:

There's also the part where it talks about how a family friend "went missing" when he was 5 and the kid was 4, and how months later his body turned up in a pond. After that he says something like "I invited him to come play with me at that pond and then left him there."

That was quite the opener jfc

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

All he had to do was not say that. He’s probably the only person alive who even knows that story. Just lie, Josh.

“What’s your most horrible memory?”

“I got stood up for prom.”

See how easy that is, Jess?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Baron von Eevl posted:

A child murderer in both senses

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Somehow I don’t think it actually keeps him up at night, or that he cares at all, but he knows that it leaves an impression on normal people when he tells it. That therapist is teaching him all kinds of things.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My assumption is that he showed the kid that pond, and then months later the kid drowned there and not like Josh was going "hey come play in this pond 4 year old, bye!" and then nobody asked "where were you playing with him today, because he's missing."

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

If your gonna be a lovely person as a director the least you can do is make movies that are good.

The only good thing he ever did is good in spite of him not because of him. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a fun movie because the studio didn't let him have full control and he had an amazing cast. Especially Paul loving Reubens. Naturally he's said many times that he hates the movie.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1483218672906764289?s=20

It gets worse

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Bold move to tell your date you identify with the character who literally causes the end of the world.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jan 18, 2022

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
i tend to think of myself as an egyptian pharaoh struggling with imposter syndrome and social anxiety

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

i tend to think of myself as an egyptian pharaoh struggling with imposter syndrome and social anxiety

It's okay, as long as you believe in the heart of the cards.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
*Runs into the room panting* https://deadline.com/2022/01/daniel-radcliffe-to-play-weird-al-yankovic-in-roku-biopic-from-funny-or-die-1234913838/

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
funny or die?? that's still a thing?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Wasn't Funny or Die like the original "pivot to video" casualty?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Wasn't Funny or Die like the original "pivot to video" casualty?

Either that or Cracked.com

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I like Weird Al, but for some reason this fact is funnier to me than any of his songs

quote:

He is one of only three artists to land top 40 hits in each of the last four decades—the others being Michael Jackson and Madonna.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Funny or Die's GI Joe skit is the best GI Joe media made in the 21st Century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkPEHM38_DA

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

What.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

PeterCat posted:

Funny or Die's GI Joe skit is the best GI Joe media made in the 21st Century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkPEHM38_DA

I was always fond of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kha63bVVlUM

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Skwirl posted:

She accidently sells her baby brother to the Goblin King in like the first 5 minutes of the movie?

power move

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

ted faro?!

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

LesterGroans posted:

A child murderer in both senses

There's a Joyce Carol Oates novel about that.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Skwirl posted:

I like Weird Al, but for some reason this fact is funnier to me than any of his songs

It’s from this thread I think that I learned that he’s an extremely nice person.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Smiling Friends is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I want to read everything there is to read about Red Rocket, or at least everything there is worth reading.