Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

I'm a family man - I run a family business. This is my son and my partner, H.W.

Soiled Meat

Hand Knit posted:

I am looking forward to Nomadland and Minari being available to wide release in February. Iím assuming this will entail availability on some or other streaming service.

I just watched Minari. Itís very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

CPL593H posted:

No, it's just that my poo poo's all hosed and I sleep in the day time instead of at night. So in the winter I'll be waking up around the time it gets dark or when it already is. I have issues with hypersomnia too.

Have you considered sleeping at night and being awake during the day?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

CPL593H posted:

I can 100% say that I'd rather die than end up with dementia or Alzheimer's disease.

My motherís parents both got dementia and my mother says that if she gets it we should shoot her.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Iíve never seen a thread move as fast as the Trump thread in CSPAM

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

I donít know, Iíd rather he was humiliatingly impeached and arrested.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I still think thereís zero chance of this happening

I know, but one can dream. Thereís also zero chance of him committing seppuku.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Basebf555 posted:

I watched Short Cuts and realized how much of it P.T. Anderson ripped off for Magnolia.

Yep. I love Magnolia but it's clearly a "homage" to Short Cuts.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

I, Butthole posted:

RIP Michael Apted

I met him a few times. He was a very nice man.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Weíre there allegations of HW trying to rape Dunst? Iíd be slightly surprised as she is a-list and most of his victims werenít - he needed that power differential to exploit.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Skwirl posted:

There's reports that her agent warned her against being alone with him, but she hasn't said Weinstein had done anything to her. But he blacklisted Renee Russo and Ashley Judd for turning him down and this list of people who accused him of some sort of misconduct

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Weinstein_sexual_abuse_cases

also includes Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and Cate Blanchett so I don't think there was anyone who he would have considered too famous to assault.

Edit Jesus: Heather Graham, Salma Hayak, Helena Bonham Carter. Kirsten Dunst is just about the only actress not on there.

I stand corrected.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

The Klowner posted:

I can't remember who said it or whether it was even in this particular thread, but someone said they're having trouble finding the "energy" to watch movies and I'm feeling this same way recently. Watching movies at home has always been rough because it's difficult to get immersed in an environment with so much easy distraction, but now it feels even more difficult. I have almost all the major streaming services and it still feels hard to find something new to commit to watching

Yes, but I have to vote for the BAFTAs so I have been doing my customary Dec/Jan watching binge. Didnít watch many films at allprior to that.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Franchescanado posted:

I appreciate everyone congratulating Debbie Does Dagon and MacheteZombie on their new stardom as CineD Mods.

This is gonna be a little transition period, as I plan to step own as CineD Mod once they're comfortable with the positions.

There's nothing in my personal life that I have to take care of; no forums drama has scared me off; I'm mentally and physically fine. I just know that, like any other elected position, there should be turnover to keep things fresh and moving in a positive, progressive way.

I have really enjoyed being CineD mod, through the bad and good. It's been an interesting, helluva run. I want to thank anyone and everyone who took the time to write me a kind or supportive PM or helped me out. I hope you continue to show the same support--or more!--to DDD and MZ.

I plan to stick around CineD, the SA forums, so there's no goodbyes needed. I plan to keep running some of the Horror Challenge threads, and I'll probably assist with trying to make Movie of the Month catch on more (this month is Crumb, and it rules!). And I'll also be around in the discord still.

Thanks for trusting me to mod for as long as I did!

Youíve been an awesome mod. Thank you for your service!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

MacheteZombie posted:

jokes on fran, im already burned out

Iím reporting you to you for stoned posting. I hope youíll punish yourself severely.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

CPL593H posted:

Now I am less excited. Brendan Fraser is a goddamn gem and I was so glad that he started to be in stuff again. Anyone that's mean to him should get kicked in the genitals.

Iíd pay to see the film of Aronofsky getting kicked in the genitals.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I wonder if that Fred Hampton movie will be as tonally hosed as the Chicago 7 one

Edit: Looking at who's involved, probably not. Phew.

Would you mind expanding on the tone of the Chicago 7?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

josh04 posted:

The coward Robert Ford never made another film with his name on it.

Not did the Big Lebowski, for that matter. Mind you, he was kinda lazy.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

this is actually what i had in mind when i made that post

The other answers were much better though.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

pospysyl posted:

I can't blame anyone for not remembering Airheads

I saw it at the cinema. I recall enjoying it, and their ridiculous (and pretty funny) demands like a football helmet full of cream cheese and a naked picture of Bea Arthur.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

"You won't believe which baby doll mannequin grew up to be a sex doll!"

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

CelticPredator posted:

Itís very watchable. Itís just not like ďoh wow look how racist people are!Ē Itís more like ďyeah thatís not as racist as people are now.Ē

Yeah. I donít remember it that well but he punches down, not up, so itís more likely to hold up.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Safety Factor posted:

Uh... I think you might have that backwards.

Itís been ages so itís entirely possible!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

The Cameo posted:

I think theyíre referring to ďpunching downĒ against ďpunching upĒ. You got them flipped so it sounds like you think itís holding up because heís knocking poor people

No no, I meant what I said. Making fun of the weak, poor and oppressed never gets old!

(Sheeeeit, yes, I got it mixed up. Silly me!)

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Baron von Eevl posted:

In all fairness he kind of is punching down, like he's a movie star and he's dragging some frat boys and other schmucks.

Heís not using his star power over them as they donít recognise him, so heís not really punching down. White frat boys are hardly an oppressed minority - they are the exemplar of straight white male privilege.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Ghost Leviathan posted:

'At least I don't work in x' doesn't really work anymore now it's pretty clear 'no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism' also applies to work.

I hate this argument. It suggests that because nothing is good, everything is equally bad. I just donít think thatís true.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Josh Lyman posted:

Not really. NOT ALL MEN are depicted as trash.

Most but not all. I thought it was well done, it had some style, Mulligan was good - but it was a bit too on the nose and unsophisticated for me.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Carly Gay Dead Son posted:

It's amazing how we have the technology and artistry to bring these enormous fantasy creatures to life for audiences, but it's horrible how all we do is make them fight each other to the death. Maybe some people want to see Godzilla and King Kong in a kind of My Dinner with Andre scenario?

And then they retire to the bedroom?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

CPL593H posted:

I'm sure you can find plenty of content like that on the internet if that's what you're into.

And if I canít then Iíve discovered a lucrative niche

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Anonymous Robot posted:

I think I mentioned here a while back that my partner was being tested for leukemia. Well, that didnít turn out to be the case.

However, she was diagnosed with fibromyalgia today. What that means, basically, is that her central nervous system is haywire in a way that will make her extremely fatigued and achey at random. Imagine if you got the flu five fimes a month, and it lasted three days or so each time.

Itís a condition that cannot be cured, usually lasts a lifetime, and will obviously render her more or less totally unable to work. Weíre going to need to make some big changes.

Phew. Thatís tough. Iím sorry

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

I like wine, some beers (crafty but not IPAs, which I find too heavy), and lots of sweeter drinks: port, sherry, Madeira, sloe and damson gins, etc. Oh, and a good G&T is delicious.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Flying Zamboni posted:

When Ebert died it was stipulated in his will that films could no longer have even the barest hint of eroticism if he wasn't around to see it.

Checks out. One hardly sees naked breasts in films these days

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

McCloud posted:

So uh, when did we get two new mods for CineD? Totally missed that...

A belated congratulations to D3X and Machete Zombie

I think you mean congrats to Fran.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

I love ďBehold!Ē I recently sent out a work email to a bunch of people with a transaction summary sheet for a film which started like that.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Nice

If anyone is interested I can post a template transaction summary sheet. It gives an overview of the whole film financing structure and the various elements that go into it.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

I have posted a link to a blank transaction summary sheet. This was an initiative led by the British Film Institute, which also provides equity funding to films. It's applicable to pretty much any independent film, and a very useful tool for outlining an entire film financing transaction, including the interplay between financing and production. My job is pretty much everything leading up to here, populating this document (with some help from producers), and then resolving the various issues that it raises, moving into closing the financing. The TSS is not usually completed 100% with everything resolved - it gets advanced far enough so that everyone understands the transaction sufficiently well to draft their own agreements, to help resolve initial issues, and highlight those that are still open. Feel free to ask questions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k51oy3gz6kw3vyi/Transaction%20Summary%20Sheet.doc?dl=0

therattle fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 5, 2021

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Gripweed posted:

They play Youtube videos of people hurting themselves while the hosts laugh.

Ah, the Schadenfreude thread

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Testicular injury is almost always funny.

ďMan being hit in the groin with a footballĒ

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

I miiiight have just attached a major Aussie star to star in and direct a script Iíve just optioned (by a v well-known Aussie writer based on his book). Trying not to count chickens but it could be HUGE

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

MacheteZombie posted:

That's awesome, I hope it works out!

gently caress, me too. Itís dreams come true territory if it comes off. But knowing this business itís always best to not count chickens.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Carly Gay Dead Son posted:

Congrats, therattle! Very exciting. Unless my assumption is wrong and the Aussie in question is not Yahoo Serious. In which case, meh.

gently caress! How the hell did you guess? Iím his biggest fan! And I am sure his directing will be masterful: sensitive, nuanced and emotional.

The Klowner posted:

"break a leg" is what they say in show biz right? Because "good luck" is actually bad luck?

I hope you break every bone in your body!

Thanks! (I think....)

therattle fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

FreudianSlippers posted:

Congrats on your re-adaptation of Picnic at Hanging Rock starring Barry Humphries

The Thorn Birds, actually, but you got the actor right! Starring and directed by.