Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Nice star, Sheriff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I still enjoy Johnny Cash's Thunderball theme. I don't know if it's good, but I enjoy the hell out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-AN5mJF13A

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Everyone watch The Silent Partner. Might be my favourite Plummer role besides maybe The Insider.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Let’s go blow this guy.

You really licked his rear end.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Cacator posted:

There was also the whole "went to jail for tax evasion" thing. He was great in My Name is Dolemite.

He was fantastic in that. I'm excited for Coming 2 America mostly for him.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

X-Ray Pecs posted:

This is such a stupid hill to die on.

If someone told me to shut the gently caress up online I would simply not try to get them kicked out of school

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I'm really glad a lot of people have been watching Shin Godzilla recently (I assume there was a re-release or it came out in 4K or something) because it rules so hard.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

CPL593H posted:

I saw it a few years ago. It's one of my favorite movies of the decade. I've just been thinking about it a lot lately.

There's just been an odd amount of people on Twitter and now here talking about it. I'm gonna throw it on before bed because of it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

CPL593H posted:

That's weird. I was thinking about it the other day when I was walking my dog and realized it's a lot like Veep but instead of elections and lovely politicians it's got a horrible monster laying waste to everything and killing and destroying lives.

But I guess there's not much difference there.

Yeah, turning the human parts of a Godzilla film into an episode of The Thick of It was extremely smart.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Many years ago Liev Schrieber was attached to play Benoit which could've been great at the time

gently caress, that would have been great

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

CelticPredator posted:

Lexi Alexander seems to have no joy left in life, so she is wouldn’t like those

She said that people making fun of her and Walter Chaw are worse than Weinstein, so she's absolutely lost the plot. Hope she just takes a break from Twitter and realigns herself.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

CPL593H posted:

I never watched Community and became completely disinterested in ever doing so after Aziz Ansari was outed as a rapist.

That's Parks and Rec

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

One of my favourite things about CineD threads would be when they'd veer to Star Trek and Timby would pop in to talk about Roddenberry giving his wife an infection.

CelticPredator posted:

I’m watching cherry rn to see if Tom Holland farts blood

Thank you for your service.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

CPL593H posted:

It's wild to me that Bob Odenkirk is now a well known celebrity.

It legitimately makes me really happy. It was cool go see in the making of episode of W/ Bob & David that he's still a pretty sharp writer too (he takes a pretty standard David Cross concept and gives it a really funny twist). Odenkirk rules.

It's also funny to me when my mom tells me she saw a tv show or movie "with Saul in it".

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

FreudianSlippers posted:

My short film somehow got second price at the Icelandic horror film festival:

Next year I plan to hit number one.

Right on

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

CPL593H posted:

I get that much but he outright calls it a happy ending. I guess mainly I'm just tried of Terry Gilliam being a dickhead. I'm pretty sure he's also a terf.

Didn't Ellen Barkin call him out as a creep too? Like he tried to grope her in an elevator or something?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

it's gotta be Face/Off

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

feedmyleg posted:

I have great and terrible news: he shaved.

The perfect alibi

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

The Klowner posted:

Adam McKay is a stupid dumb idiot with no brain

So are most filmmakers.

The Other Guys is really good and funny.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I don't really remember how that shook out.

I think he was a guy who hit on her at a park and they cut him out before the release.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Carly Gay Dead Son posted:

Anybody have anything nice to say about August Osage County? I don’t, because I don’t remember anything about it besides “eat the fish, bitch.” What is it with Letts and the coercive consumption of fish/poultry?

The movie sucks, especially compared to the play. But whoever cast Chris Cooper and Benedict Cumberbatch as father and son is a genius, Cumberbatch's accent notwithstanding.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Was Promising Young Woman no good? I didn't see it but I thought it was well-received.

I've seen some really good takedowns of it.

I didn't hate it, but the very end of the film is bonkers bad and really soured my opinion.

It's also a movie that would have been much better if it leaned into the trashy genre concept instead of trying to "elevate" it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

therattle posted:

I didn't hate it but I did not love it either, and I am slightly baffled at the critical and audience adoration. It didn't quite work, it's pretty crudely done, and it isn't quite a clever as it thinks it is (said pot to kettle). A lot of the characters are caricatures and I don't think they are intended to be. It's worth watching but with lowered expectations. The further away I got from it the less I liked it (not that I loved it at the time).

Absolutely. To the film's credit, it does a great job casting the men in the movie, with Bo Burnham maybe being the best part of the whole thing.

But again they really should have had her killing off Adam Brody and McLovin and whatnot.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Every time this gets posted I spend at least 20 seconds staring at it to see if it's the moving-eyes version.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Heavy Metal posted:

Also, another mystery. Is the movie Vibes (1988) starring Jeff Goldblum and Cyndi Lauper a good time underrated gem? Or is it not very watchable? Or something else entirely?

I wasn't a fan. Goldblum, Lauper and Peter Falk are all very charming individually, but Goldblum and Lauper have almost negative chemistry. It isn't awful, but I didn't get much out of it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Heavy Metal posted:

Appreciated, I'm impressed somebody on here has seen this.

The Station Agent does rule, by the way. I remember also enjoying The Visitor and Win Win by the same director, so check them out.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Unfortunately Vibes kinda has negative chemistry. Cyndi Lauper is solid and Goldblum is obviously good but they don't work well together at all and they drag the whole thing down together. Peter Falk is fun as always.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Skwirl posted:

Yeah but we were talking about movies made by cool people, not books written by racists.

lol ummmmm

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Rob is one of those guys who has interesting ideas (I.E. true crime Podcasters being obsessed with Michael Myers

This was from the David Gordon Green movie, not one of Zombie's Halloweens.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I like John Cho's Cowboy Bebop hair. So that's nice.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Ben Dreyfuss is one of the dumbest motherfuckers on Twitter. Which is really saying something.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The most interesting part of PCU is George Clinton showing up at the end.

Jeremy Piven being creepy and mostly unfunny (I kinda liked him in Grosse Pointe Blank) does not help.

Jeremy Piven plays a great sleazy worm. The problem was Entourage making his sleazy worm character "cool" and Piven buying into it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Joel McHale's another guy who got obvious plugs, not sure how upfront he is about it though.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm still baffled by that. Why not just get Richard Kind? He's younger than my dad, it's not like he's retired from acting.

I was legitimately annoyed when I found out we weren't getting Hot Penguin lol

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Devil in a Blue Dress is so goddamn good.

Criminal that we didn't get a series of Easy Rawlins movies starring Denzel.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Looten Plunder posted:

Why is the sequel to the Suicide Squad movie called the Suicide Squad? Have we really gone from "Movie Title: Ridiculous Subtitle" (or in the case of this very franchise "Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)" to not even putting a "2" on their title?

They want people to forget about the first movie.

The fourth entry of the Final Destination series did the same thing, calling it The Final Destination. The Fast and the Furious franchise went the opposite direction, their fourth entry dropped the The's.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You know, I've really liked a lot of Villeneuve movies and it has a pretty great cast, but the new Dune isn't grabbing my attention at all.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Flying Zamboni posted:

The new Ghostbusters looks fake, like at any moment the trailer is going to turn into a big budget Superbowl ad for a new kind of Doritos.

I had assumed the Paul Rudd WalMart scene was a tie-in commercial until I saw it in this trailer.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

What is up Satan's rear end? All he wants to do is gently caress us up, the dick-licker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Baron von Eevl posted:

I got to hang out with my best friend for the first time in nearly 6 years tonight. He was the one that introduced me to Mad Max and The Road Warrior back in 7th grade, so I got to get him back and showed him Fury Road for the first time. I loving love that movie.

That's legitimately lovely. I'm glad you got to experience that.