Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

https://screenrant.com/southland-tales-richard-kelly-directors-cut-details/

Oh my god. They're making this for me. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The Peccadillo posted:

Is Jonathan Pollard free? That dude was the best, he approached an Admiral in the Aus Navy and said "wanna buy secrets" so that dude called the government and was all "America is trying to do a really awkward obvious sting on me to root out leaks please call the CIA and tell them I'm a good boy" but no, that's just Pollard bein' wild for free
I hope this old man's crude scribbles answer your question.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/chiweethedog/status/1347779970085502976

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

Darren Aronofsky

https://twitter.com/JFrankensteiner/status/1349149733344972801

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

Somewhere on one of John Carpenter's hard drives is his synth cover of Green Hill Zone Escape From the City. There's no way this doesn't exist.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is Hardware (1990) about an evil chappie?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

therattle posted:

Yeah. I don’t remember it that well but he punches down, not up, so it’s more likely to hold up.
Uh... I think you might have that backwards.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey y'all, Blood Diner is loving WILD. I found out about it thanks to Dom Griffin's youtube channel and it does not disappoint. Watch it.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you never put on the shorts, no one can ask you to take them off.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Baron von Eevl posted:

When my wife and I sat down to watch Roadhouse a few years back she got unreasonably upset that the establishment wasn't named "The Roadhouse."
She must be incredibly disappointed that Texas Roadhouse is not a Roadhouse-themed restaurant.

Hell, I am too.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
John Carpenter's Lost Themes III came out last week and it's good as hell.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That all checks out. Please see the popular war documentary Metal Gear Rising: REVENGEANCE for more.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Schwarzwald posted:

I had two of them last year. After deciding that my diet and physical health were otherwise good the docs told me that my body wasn't retaining enough water.

So now I just drink about a quart of water everyday.
A quart's really not that much. That's half of the old recommendation of 8 cups per day though I don't know how accurate that ever was. I aim for 3-4 quarts of just water on top of whatever else I have.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying because you're 100% right. However, gays loving LOVE Britney Spears. I don't remember the last time I heard someone mention Justin Timberlake but oh god, if you walked into a gay bar and yelled "Britney Spears sucks!" I hope you've prepared to meet your maker.
I want to see this version of Green Room.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Nope nope nope.
:getin:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Once you wear shorts of that magnitude you can never go back.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Not if I have my way.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Grendels Dad posted:

News in Germany create the impression that distribution and administration of the vaccine is completely unbeaurocratic in the US. Like, there are drive through vaccinations and whatnot. At least one of the reasons Germany is doing so badly is that we absolutely have to make the whole process as red tapey as possible.
I can only talk about my personal experience, but it varies state by state. Where I'm at it involved signing up through a website, providing personal info, ID, etc. All this was double checked in person. My vaccination site happened to be a drive through, but that's not always the case. It was run out of a metro park-and-ride lot with multiple vaccination stations.

Just showing up out of the blue would've gotten me nothing. Some areas are wilder, I'm in a major city.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Then just do the opposite, duh! Talk about the worst people in the world but only focus on the good things they did. People would respond to that better.
This is like a bizarro version of Behind the Bastards.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

Sounds like they reread their tweet and said "oh poo poo, people might think this is like Jupiter Ascending I better nip that in the bud".
But I like Jupiter Ascending :smith:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just saw Pig and really loved it. It's got a few moments where it could have veered into a very different sort of movie and I'm so glad it didn't. I think the writer/director wanted to play on people's expectations a bit. I'm looking forward to revisiting it.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If there's a scenario where jeans and a t-shirt are inappropriate I don't want to be there. :texas:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What do the elves think of all this?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I want to know more about those Thunder Lizards

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Where does this thread stand on coveralls?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hand Knit posted:

One real life plot I’d like to see turned into a movie:

The US was very unhappy with Indonesia and president Sukarno. While Sukarno was not a Communist, Indonesia had one of the world’s largest Communist parties. At one point, the US came up with a cunning plan to discredit him. They would made a fake sex tape purporting to be of Sukarno and a Soviet agent. This video would be distributed by leaving copies at random locations for people to discover. For some reason, Bing Crosby was hired to make this video.

The project was abandoned after they could not find a Central or South American actor they could make up to look like Sukarno.
To make it even better, Sukarno was already known in Indonesia as a horndog so even if the tape was made it likely wouldn't have accomplished anything.

But yeah, I want this turned into a movie too.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the twist in Malignant was never really a secret, it felt like the audience was supposed to figure it out early on. Who cares though, that last act is just fun.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alita is really great. I went into the theater with middling expectations; I wasn't at all familiar with the source material, but knew that James Cameron had been trying to get it made for a long time. It was honestly refreshing in its sincerity and it's held up on rewatches.

I'd love for there to be a sequel, but after Fox got absorbed by Disney who knows what'll happen.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

See I had just started GvK when I wrote the post and the human element wasn’t quite as bad as the one in koth.
Excuse me? :texas:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
First the sugar cuts and now this. Scotland is going to get violent.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So, uh, the latest episode of Doom Patrol :stare:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's just CATS.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I really hope that Eternals is a huge bomb and a humiliating failure. I need the content ripping on it
No one has any loving idea who these characters are, right? Never, in all of my time growing up playing warhammer in a comic book shop, have I ever heard of them. I think it'll bomb, but I'm also not an MCU fan and I don't read comics so what the gently caress do I know.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Oct 13, 2021

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The two are not mutually exclusive

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

If Cats created a generation of furries, what did Starlight Express cause?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/Train_Simulator_2022/

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Vincent posted:

Akroyd's canadian? That's more shocking than the UFO stuff.
Really? There are some easy telltale signs if you're familiar with the accents.

I lived a year in Canada after college and I can spot one with almost 100% certainty still to this day.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Vincent posted:

I'm not an english speaker, so unless it's a heavy (almost like a parody) texan accent, the US and Canada sound the same to me.
Totally fair! It's the internet so I just incorrectly assumed some things.

American and Canadian accents are broadly similar, but there are some real stand-outs for native speakers. Such as how certain vowels are pronounced/stressed. The first time I heard a Canadian pronounce "capillary" really threw me for a loop.
Outside of a few exceptions like Newfoundlanders or deep swamp Cajuns, North America doesn't really have the sort of insane patchwork of unintelligible accents that the English have.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ok Comboomer posted:

Peter Parker was a married adult last I checked with the syndicated newspaper comic
Newspaper Spider-Man is the only Spider-Man I will acknowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
G Gundam rules.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ThyXkarFY