Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Most of Europe expects to have all at risk people vaccinated by the summer and maybe have enough of the general public to achieve herd immunity (60% or so) by late fall.

How realistic those expectations are is up for debate and will probably wildly vary from place to place and even if everything goes 100% according to plan there'll still be countries, poor ones, that won't even get their first doses of vaccine until 2022.

We're in this for a while unless the virus pulls a Spanish Flu and just randomly fizzles out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

CPL593H posted:

Wait. They're doing a Black Panther 2? Why can't they just not do that?

B-b-but money!?!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

You need to stop taking advice from skeletons in catacombs.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Volcanic eruption probably starting in the next few hours about 30 minutes down the road from Iceland's only international airport.

It's probably going to be fairly minor and the lava will at most block a road or two but the ash and gases might gently caress up aviation and also you know people's lungs.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Skwirl posted:

That giant eruption that grounded all planes world wide for like 5 days actually resulted in less greenhouse gasses, due to grounding all planes for 5 days.

Yeah that was a good one.

This one will probably be a lot less ashy and is also spitting distance from about 70% of Iceland's population while Eyjafjallajökull, the one that grounded all the planes, is in the rear end end of nowhere.

People are probably going to panic and buy up all the toilet paper again.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

That angel sketch I did last year is now part of this sketch compilation/contest hosted by the Value Select guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRHHTvLyq7c
Now with English subtitles!
Starring at 10:10

One funny detail. I was doing the subtitling while still recovering from a really bad stomach flu and wasn't thinking very clearly so I just submitted the video without even considering making an English title so the title in the video is "engillenskun" the file name of the video which literally means "angelenglished"

They even used a still from our sketch as the thumbnail.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

With Maurice Lamarche as Orson
https://youtu.be/vSoKIgzLYH4

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

This volcano is being a real tease.

Still no eruption.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Shrecknet posted:

A furry wrote this

Pls don't sign your posts

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Movies used to have more smooching.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

There's a lot of Polish people in Iceland but only one theater actually shows the newest Polish movies and every time they do the screenings are absolutely packed. At least in the before times.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Can a skeletal Winnie The Pooh travel back in time with ghosts?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Cum:
The final frontier.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Horse meat is pretty legit.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The main reason for the horse meat taboo is because pagan feasts in northern Europe usually had a horse sacrificed and eaten.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Volcano finally erupting.

Literal hours after geologists announced that the earthquake clusters were slowing down so an eruption probably wasn't happening any time soon.

Also possible fourth wave of Covid just as the government caves to tourist industry pressure to ease restrictions on the border.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 19, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It's like an hours drive from where I live. At worst I'll get some ash rain. People living in the nearest village over might get some poison fumes and lava will probably cover a few country roads.

There's a special news broadcast and I'm pretty sure the anchor already had a few drinks when he got the call because he's stumbling over and slurring his words a bit for someone whose been anchor for 30 years.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The light of day has revealed that this is a tiny punk rear end erruption that wouldn't harm a fly.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

FreudianSlippers posted:

The light of day has revealed that this is a tiny punk rear end erruption that wouldn't harm a fly.

Also the place it's in is Geldingadalur, literally "The valley of the castrated". Fitting for how lame it turned out after all that buildup.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Icelandic placenames that include "evil", "death", "kill", or "ghost"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Psychomania owns bones. The soundtrack is ace and it has a goofy montage of teenagers committing suicide in increasingly far fetched ways.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

When my ma was pregnant with my sister in 1973 she had a proper volcanic erruption drat near in her backyard.

]

Her entire village of 5000+ people had to be evacuated but somehow only one dude died.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

My short film somehow got second price at the Icelandic horror film festival:

Next year I plan to hit number one.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

pospysyl posted:

Nice! Congratulations. Anywhere we can see it?

It's on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6L1Yzc8sFw

Although the YouTube version has slightly worse sound than the festival submitted version and is missing this title card

Basically it's something I threw together in a couple of days during Lockdown and I wanted to make a quarantine film where I did literally everything. The book cover is custom made using some random psychic I found on Wikimedia commons but with Young Travolta's hair and Tom Selleck's moustache to make it more 70s.

The film that won first place had actual famous actors and a decent budget allowing for scenes with dozens of extras and enough special effects to require a special effects supervisor. Basically a blockbuster by horror short film standards.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 21, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I mean the original Creepshow film was Romero's loveletter to the same EC comics Tales From the Crypt is based on so it's not surprising a show vaguely based on a movie vaguely based on 50s horror comics is a bit derivative.

I've still not watched the show because I love the movie and I don't expect it to be on the same level.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

People are flocking to take selfies with the volcano

One dude got lost and spent 9 hours walking in circles in the wilderness, badly dressed, with no food or water, in lovely weather, with his 9 year old son and had to be rescued by search and rescue. He didn't even get to see the erruption.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 22, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Forth wave 🌊
Volcanic erruption 🌋
And also I slipped on some sneaky ice on my way to work and very slightly hurt my hand.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

"Wow this really has been Saló: or the 120 Days of Sodom!"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

"Weahrah uurah dah shawts, CPL593Hurah"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Falk.

He had one eye and was a sailor the combination of which makes you a better fighter.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A Serious Man is hilarious.

e:
The EU somehow hosed up their vaccine rollout so badly that Britain and the US are going to have herd immunity before Europe. Which is sort of impressive.

I mean to be fair the EU is 27 different countries and has like 50 million more people than the US and UK combined but I thought the entire idea with union was to make this sort of stuff more streamlined so it's still a massive fuckup.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 2, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The best thing Netflix has produced is American Vandal.

also Russian Doll.

Season one of Stranger Things was also good but I haven't watched the other two because they're entirely superfluous.

Though I don't know if those were just distributed by Netflix or not.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Making a spooky tombstone:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Youse should all watch the OG Shin Kamen Rider from 1992:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL2XWMFUFvg

In which Kamen Rider is a hideous bug monster with a really gnarly transformation sequence.

It's not without its problems but its good fun if you like Tokusatsu in general.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

They also make cops in training look at a bunch of snuff videos of cops getting shot during traffic stops and telling them that this will happen to them if they don't strike first.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I have no concept of what a "Peep" even is let alone a multitude of them.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If it´s mostly air eat a few packets then eat a really hot chili pepper and become a human balloon from the hot air in your bowels.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

How much has the EU hosed up with vaccinations when Britain, the rectum of the universe, will achieve herd immunity next Monday months before the continent?

Also Britain Part II AKA America is miles ahead on vaccinations. Despite being a notorious gently caress up on healthcare in general. It's really impressive how badly the EU handled it. Iceland is in the EFTA which is basically all the obligations of being in the EU with none of the power and a handful of the benefits. My ma who is 67, diabetic, with lung problems, and is a teacher just got her first vaccination yesterday after months of waiting.

Hey at least thanks to neo-colonialism the Third World probably won't be vaccinated until 2023 at the earliest.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 8, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

In 2005 the biggest hand in Iceland was Jeff Who thanks to their indie rock party anthem Barfly. None of their other songs charted at all but they'd purposefully always play Barfly last during every set knowing that it what the entire audience was waiting for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5A8XOOEtXg

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

DMX was in some good action films.