Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Lurdiak posted:

My grandma just passed away. :/

Sorry for your loss, Lurdiak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I miss the theater. I hope things go well fighting the pandemic so I can get back to it. It is my favorite past time.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

CPL593H posted:

I hope things go well so people stop dying from the virus.

This too.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Shaggy's "Wasn't me" would be a fun second term opener.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Necrothatcher posted:

A giant gorilla punching an atomic lizard in the face is what I need right now and this seems to provide that.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The first Pacific Rim was good.

Waiting for Transformers Destroy All Monsters.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Anonymous Robot posted:

It’s been hard. She has lost a number of jobs from falling ill so often. But probably most difficult has been that her cognitive capacity, her memory faculties and problem solving skills, are occasionally diminished to something near early Alzheimer’s level at age 30.

All of this compounds on the fact that this disease is the physical toll on her nervous system caused by two decades of extreme mental illness.

But having a name for it will allow us to start facing it properly. Hopefully, she’ll get disability and we’ll be able to manage financially without her being forced to work a job she can’t actually manage.

That’s terrible, Robot. I wish both of you well

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Fuckships are meant to fly-ay

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I would like you to know I haven't showered in 2 days, drank 4 shots of whiskey and 1 of tequila, ate 3 shawarmas and 1 slice of brownie and this morning invested in Gamestop, AMC, and Nokia. I got a new car this week and saved my company $2.3 million dollars.

I feel fine.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

teagone posted:

I bought 5 shares of Nokia. TOO THE MOON!

HODL!!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Reading this as Patrick Bateman.

Nice. Very nice.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am sorry I think I killed this chat

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

CPL593H posted:

This chat will never die. Give me a topic and I will complain about it right loving now!

I'm going to drink whiskey and watch an anime tonight and eat a chipotle burrito. Lupin the IIIrd: Fujiko Mine's Lie.

And I have 4 weeks of vacation I need to figure out what to do with.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Anonymous Robot posted:

Ya dude! That’s a great movie, best of the trilogy.

I did like it. But I’m a sucker for femme fatales.

Gripweed posted:

Start a Warhammer army

You know how you try to avoid certain things cause you know you’d sink down the rabbit hole...

Gatts fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 31, 2021

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Julie Taymor’s Titus kicks so much rear end.

It really does, it’s a great one

CPL593H posted:

Have you seen Doom Patrol? Watch Doom Patrol.

I will check it out

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Empress Brosephine posted:

I just watched Glitch in the Matrix and that was probably the worst documentary of all time

Have you see "What the Bleep do we know?"

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I’m tired

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Lmao that’s awesome.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Gripweed posted:

I watched Train to Busan 2: Peninsula. It was a pretty fun action movie. The bulk of the movie was spent fighting people instead of zombies, so that was a bit of a disappointment. But I still enjoyed it a lot.

It turns out the true zombies...were us all along.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I have had kidney stones passed two times. They were not fun but thankfully they were small. The first time I had trouble passing one, my father told me to drink two beers and it should help and it passed the following morning. The beer helps relax your system and tubes and whatnot to allow it to pass. It’s not a cure but it can contribute to the cause.

Taco Bell is fun on rare occasion and you just want late night tacos to smash.

Also just because the old recommendation is 8 glasses, not everyone is the same. Drink plenty water but don’t force it into your system, that of itself can cause problems.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

ruddiger posted:

lol Disney is releasing the next Spider-Man in theaters this year despite a half million Americans losing their lives in a pandemic that hasn’t ended yet.

Why did Zack Snyder let this happen

Wait...THIS year? Did they already film it or something?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wonder if Hollywood is scared of horny because of Me Too. But yes, at some point the horny was absorbed by TV, like Showtime, HBO, Cinemax had all sorts of shows. I think it varies on streaming.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Shrecknet posted:

Everyone wants to talk about how Lola Bunny got de-sexified but I want to talk about why she's wearing a compression sleeve. You're telling me sports injuries are real in Looney Tunes but you can get an anvil dropped on you, sandwich into an accordion and be just fine :05 later?

The de-sexification is disappointing what whatevs.

Horny is on the outs in the movie industry.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Why not? I’m not aware the original was a problem in the first place. It doesn’t matter since I’m not huge on space jam but it seems to be correcting a problem I’m not aware was there and stating something is wrong with sexuality. Feels very Puritan.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I mean, real rabbits don’t survive anvils to the head or dress in drag and perform opera either

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Although I will say there were people who were angry they made the Dark Queen no longer sexy in the latest Battletoads game which confounded me because they gave her an actual personality and made her a real character that was well performed and it was great.

Eh, you give and you take I guess. Hopefully they do justice to the cartoons.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
This discussion seems like it could go down...a rabbit hole if we let it. :newlol:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Coming 2 America was nice. A good stroll down memory lane.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
With streaming being the future of cinema and movies and not everyone collecting all the balkanized channels...is that a bad thing because not everyone can share and discuss experiences since they may not have access to it?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The Klowner posted:

By the year 2040, tv shows and movies will not be created to be watched, but to be used for gatekeeping by the upper middle class. E.g. you'll be considered a "poor fit" for the associate web dev position if you don't list subscriptions to at least two mainstream streaming services on your resume. If you don't mention the latest avengers sequel remake miniseries event regularly at the water cooler, you'll be reported to hr

Lol indeed

Also Boss Level is good. The time loop genre makes some good fun movies. Grillo rocks. Do watch.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

therattle posted:

You’re both suckers! I’ll be drinking my own urine.

I await the Yeet Generations sustainable craft recycled urine drink lines.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

FreudianSlippers posted:

My short film somehow got second price at the Icelandic horror film festival:

Next year I plan to hit number one.

Congrats man! That's awesome! I hope you will make many more.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

FreudianSlippers posted:

People are flocking to take selfies with the volcano

One dude got lost and spent 9 hours walking in circles in the wilderness, badly dressed, with no food or water, in lovely weather, with his 9 year old son and had to be rescued by search and rescue. He didn't even get to see the erruption.

I think once I get vaccinated I’m going to Iceland this July!!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

CPL593H posted:

Twitter is trash for babies.

It could at least be as entertaining as a Jerry Springer show but often can be miserable

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I need to be working on a presentation but I’m somewhat burned out and procrastinating. Ugh.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Karloff posted:

I actually think Returns is a really fun film and it has this amazing moment from Imhotep (spoilers I guess) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYMfWitsqik&t=189s

Lmao that’s a great bit and I remember it when I think of that movie. It’s such a great comedy and ham moment, almost like he came from the side of the stage to the other side to hit his mark

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Once Dwayne became big enough to push his own brand it got worse. His movies earlier in his career for him were more interesting.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I liked love death and robots, Glow, and season 1 of Altered Carbon. They greenlit stuff that wouldn’t see Tv and I appreciate that. Plus horny gambling anime.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

CPL593H posted:

The Boston accent is close to what British people living in Massachusetts sounded like in the 1800s.

At least this time no one is telling me to wear shorts.

What would happen if you had to Yelp like they do in Mexico or like Xena and had to roll your Rs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

CPL593H posted:

That's like me saying you sound like Dick Van Dyke in Marry Poppins. It's a lovely attempt!

I'm actually good at rolling the letter "R" and pronouncing what few Spanish words and phrases I know.

Awesome. Release the tape CP.