Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Is there a version of Enter the Dragon in the original Chinese, i.e. not dubbed? The English dubbed version on Netflix is godawful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I want to see Inherent Vice but I'm not a pro Movie Understander. I've heard this one is notoriously complex and hard to follow. Is it the sort of thing you can kick back and enjoy the ride like Lebowski?

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I want to see Pig but I don't want to be sad

how sad is Pig?

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I’m watching “Warcraft” on FXM right now

Jesús Christ, how was this actually released in theaters

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

porfiria posted:

(I had to skip through the Garona scenes though, yikes).

the tusks, :wtc:

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Deep Impact is on TV. I had never seen it, but wow does it suck rear end. it's like if Aaron Sorkin wrote Armageddon, but even boringer. Also...have you heard of this cool new news network called MSNBC??

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

Also, I dunno if you guys heard but the orcs were a hidden message the whole time:

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1445214926964854787

whether it's true or not, lmao

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I really hope that Eternals is a huge bomb and a humiliating failure. I need the content ripping on it

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

I also have the feeling it will bomb hard but then again I (and a huge number of people) felt the exact same way about Guardians of the Galaxy and Shang-Chi

Even if general audiences (well, or anyone) hadn't heard of the characters from GotG and Shang chi it's at least easy to contextualize them. Guardians is a space opera comedy adventure, Shang chi is kung fu fantasy I think? I dunno, I've avoided even watching a trailer of it. Eternals is....from what I can tell in the trailer, a particularly bleak pharmaceutical commercial.

My final prediction is it won't bomb, but perform slightly below expectations.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

tag yourself, I'm "Kingo"

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/1448392724193943552

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Guy A. Person posted:

If Phastos isnt a fast guy like the Flash I'm gonna be pissed

To me he's got more of a "shoots fireballs from his hands" vibe. Though I bet they all do that

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Is "Finch" any good?

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Just rewatched Blade Runner 2049 and liked it much more the second time around. I think I've seen almost every major theatrical release by Denis Villeneuve at this point except for Incendies. How is it compared to his other work?

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

The Peccadillo posted:

Incendies, polytechnique, enemy, and prisoner are all great, enemy might be my favourite movie

Two weeks until I'm allowed this freako's dune remake

I've never heard anyone talk about polytechnique. Does it have an angle other than "angry young misogynist shoots up school"?

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Is House of Gucci funnybad or just regular bad?

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I've heard Southland Tales is a bad but interesting movie. Worth watching? Just as long as it isn't obnoxious or boring bad.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Hand Knit posted:

It’s like nothing you have seen, or will see again. It’s like a political fantasy movie constructed within a Loose Change era 9/11 truther worldview.

Yeah that was something alright. It's like a 2000s era fever dream superimposed on a kind of lovely Philip K Dick adaptation. I'm not sure I like it, but I like that its there. An interesting artifact of the times for sure.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Are there any potentially good cyberpunk movies coming out this year? Or ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Found out that the Seattle Film Festival is going to be here soon. Then I started browsing the schedule, and like fully half the movies are about someone with a terminal illness lol

Is this just a part of the film festival "genre" (i.e. low budget/international dramas that are supposed to be "good") or is it just a product of these lovely times?