Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

feedmyleg posted:

Huh. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise, but Black Rain rules? I mean, it has no story and barely had any characters but what a gorgeous film with a chill vibe and way less racism than I was expecting.

The soundtrack is just :discourse:

It shouldn't be a huge surprise given who directed it and when, but yeah it's basically got the same chill vibes as blade runner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

feedmyleg posted:

It's not a movie I could ever see myself recommending anyone to watch, but it is one that I could very easily defend enjoying.

Don't worry, I'll do it for you. Go watch Demolition Man y'all.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Schwarzwald posted:

https://bloodknife.com/everyone-beautiful-no-one-horny/

I came across this article on the sexlessness in (some) modern films, which I know has been brought up a few times in this forum.

Haha loving pro read

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Disregarding the director being a jerk, is The Man Who Killed Don Quijote worth a watch? I really like Terry Gilliam movies but he might have lost his luster...

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Carly Gay Dead Son posted:

RIP Jessica Walter. Never again will I confuse you with Holland Taylor.

Are you sure it's her that died and not Holland Taylor?

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Digital Jedi posted:

Just finished Lawrence of Ariba for the first time and just wow. The movie was great and I was enthralled the whole time. Thought O'Toole was really good.

The two things that just hit me the most is:
1) Some of the shots of the landscape are just incredible. The actual scale of the desert is just incomprehensible. When Lawrence is shown a few times on a plateau over looking and it's fully zoomed out to just sand or the Arab army in the canyon with the sides just dwarfing them.
2) The actual scale of the cast, extras, props, camels, horses etc is mind boggling of itself.

Next movie to watch is between Rififi, Spartacus and The Third Man

Movie police is gonna get you if you watched it on a small screen.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Geekboy posted:

Ignoring Hot Fuzz, even to get laid, is just too much.

New thread title

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

That's literally just the spike protein sequence, it's been published at the start of the pandemic. You still need someone to steal the actual technology to make the vaccine.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Grendels Dad posted:

Every weapon in the Predators' arsenal, but the tips are laced with vaccine.

If this could have been solved by shooting people the US would have been fine a long time ago.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Post your most surviving edged weapons movies

- The Hunted (2003) by William Friedkin
- The Hunted (unrelated, 1995) by J.F. Lawton

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
He got the last laugh there cause the movie ending sucked so badly compared to the book.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I loved Under The Silver Lake, and I haven't seen Inherent Vice. It's probably better than Inherent Vice cause I hear that movie does not have a shot of poo, in a toilet.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
You anti-cinema people are crazy.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I'll double post and snipe that, sue me.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Stranger by the Lake is a wee bit gay

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

CPL593H posted:

I still remember when I was 14 or 15ish and there was that whole controversy over House of a 1000 Corpses. I saw trailers for it and was hyped because it looked nuts and I liked Rob Zombie at the time. But then it got slapped with an NC-17 and it was delayed for what seemed like forever. So when it finally came my friend and I were so excited to go see it. We went to see it on a Friday and were the only ones in the theater. It didn't take long to realize why. There were a bunch of times we were cracking up at stuff that wasn't supposed to be funny. It was up to that time one of the worst movies I've ever seen and remained so for a long time. What a pile of garbage.

My man, everything in H1C is supposed to be funny. It's great.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

feedmyleg posted:

LAH is worse than bad—it's disappointing. It's got a great premise, the perfect star, a great setup of events, a few good gags, but doesn't do anything with it at all. As the movie goes on it practically forgets its parodic nature and barely plays around with Hollywood tropes or meta scenarios, slipping far too often into generic blockbuster territory. It's fun, and I'd certainly recommend it to someone looking to have a good time at the movies, but it fails its own premise.

You madperson, LAH is fantastic and does a whole lot with its premise. Sure, it's not Gremlins 2 crazy, but then again what is?

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Mantis42 posted:

horror movies are pretty tight, i guess, but where's the martial arts? don't know how you could say it's the most important genre without that

My dude have you seen Human Lanterns

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Yeah I skipped out on seeing Green Knight cause there were too many people in the theatre. Sucks, but I was careful for so long and I'm not going to get sick over some silly movie.

Now, Titane, I'll eat my way through a wall of virus to see it.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I hate Rushmore so much. So much. Royal Tenenbaums, Fantastic Mr. Fox and Grand Budapest are lovely. Life Aquatic, eh. Moonrise Kingdom, the energy won me over but it was a hard fight. Wes Anderson is a man of contrasts.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
spookhetti you rubes

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Jenny Agutter posted:

What's the best g rated movie. Don't think we ever reached concensus

It's My Neighbor Totoro obviously

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Just the vilest food on earth

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How was the Bad Batch? I remember reading about it and thinking it sounded cool....

It felt to me like a movie made by very cool art kids, for very cool art kids. Too cool for school. Take that as an endorsement or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Dune/Dune