Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Welcome to Cookfia 4: Pantry Raid

A mafia game where you get to eat the dead, and people watching. This game is CYOF, choose your own flavor. You pick a recipe, this will inform your role and your flavor.

The big mechanic in the game is the Spice Rack. The Spice Rack is store you can spend recipe points in to purchase spices. Each spice is a one shot role. If you have played or watched previous Cookfias the big difference here is that spices and herbs are much cheaper, and have much less potent effects, but can be combined into spice blends. What a spice blend will do will mostly make sense based on what it's components do.
Each player will start out with at least one ingredient from the spice rack.

Each player will be given a piece of information about the power attached to a spice in their Role PM in addition to their alignment and their role, if any. This information can be made public or hidden as they see fit.
The way to get recipe points is to cook. Every player who flips, will have their recipe flipped as well. Spectators can submit recipes which will be posted in the thread at intervals as well.

Any player, living or dead or spectators, can cook the dish and get points based on the recipe. Additional points may be awarded for creativity or flair, or if something goes horribly wrong or right. Photographic evidence to show you made the dish is required, step by step pictures are appreciated.

Only living Players can purchase spices, but dead players and spectators can gift points they earn from cooking to the players of their choice. Point gifting is an anonymous out of thread action. Living players can gift points too if they want.
To spend points, send me a message in my discord channel with the spice you wish to purchase. Any spice purchased is activated in the following phase, so get those spice orders in before deadline or hammer, whichever comes first. A spice purchased during the night phase will activate the following day phase.

Other Stuff:
  • Town wins when all threats to the town are eliminated
  • Scum win when they control the lynch.
  • Third Party win according to their victory conditions
  • Dead posts and spectator posts are allowed, but only to post things they cooked.
  • The Thread will never close. Nights will remain open. Please do not post about game things during twilight though (between the hammer and the flip).
  • Days will be 48 hours long, except for the first which will be 72 hours.
  • Weekends count as 1 day for deadlines.
  • Discord is required.

Otherwise normal mafia rules apply, and if in doubt, you can always ask, but as a general rule, don’t be a dick.

Links to prior escapades:
Cookfia
Cookfia 2
Drinkfia
Cookfia 3

Join the Discord to play or spectate

Player List
  1. Bifauxnen (surprise me)
  2. CapitalistPig (He/Him)
  3. GenericGirlName
  4. Hal Insandenza (he/him/hal)
  5. Idle Amalgam
  6. merk (he/him)
  7. ObamaAkbar. (He/him)
  8. Referee (He/him)
  9. Retro Futurist (He/him/opop)
  10. Rhymes With Clue
  11. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  12. Scientastic (he/him)

Active Recipes
  1. Grandicap's Bacon and Egg Sandwich - 30 Points
  2. Flash Deal - Dessert - 15 points - Expires at the end of N1
  3. Referee's Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo - 25 Points
  4. :siren:Flash Deal- Midnight Snack - 10 points - Expires at the end of N2.
  5. Sub Rosa's Panna Cotta - 25 points.
  6. Opop's Vincent Price's Steak Diane - 25 points
  7. Rhymes With Clue's Chili - 25 points
  8. merk's 25 minute Risotto - 25 points
  9. Bifauxnen's Fairy Bread - 25 points
  10. akarshi's Taiwanese Minced Pork Over Rice (Lu Rou Fan) - 25 points
  11. :siren:Flash Deal - Appetizer - 15 points - Expires at the end of N3.
  12. Sandwolf's Quesandillas and Guacsandmole - 25 points.
  13. Generic Girl Name's Shrimp & Grits - 25 points
  14. :siren:Flash Deal - Comfort Food - 15 points - Expires at the end of N4.
  15. Idle Amalgam's Apple Pie - 25 points

Grandicap fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The Spice Rack

code:
Spice		Role		Modifier 1	Modifier 2	Price	Description
Saffron		Doctor		One-Shot	Weak		30	Protects the target from night kills
Fenugreek	Cop		One-Shot	Doomed		50	Get the target's alignment (scum or not scum)
Allspice	Watcher		One-Shot	Gossiping	30	See all players who visited the target that night
Garlic		Tracker		One-Shot	Shy		30	See who the target visited that night
Thyme		Jailer		One-Shot	Gossiping	35	The target can perform no actions and be targeted by no other actions
Parsley		Roleblocker	One-Shot	Gossiping	25	The target can perform no actions and any passive powers are turned off for the night
Mace		Spice Cop	One-Shot	Inquisitive	20	See all spices used by, used on, and owned by player. This is one list, and in random order.
Paprika		Spice Stealer	One-Shot	Shy		20	Steals a random spice from the target
Oregano		Grave Robber	One-Shot	Gossiping	20	Steal all spice from a dead player, if the dead player has no spices, the action is not used
Cumin		Hider		One-Shot			15	Prevents the player from being targeted that night
Brown Sugar	Mason Maker	One-Shot			10	Creates an unconfirmed masonry with target
Cayenne Pepper	Vigilante	One-Shot	Doomed		80	Publicly kills a player in the thread during the day
Ginger		Double-Vote	One-Shot	Tiring		80	Publicly double-votes a player, a double vote can be voted and unvoted as normal for that entire game day, but is expended at the end of the day.
Tumeric		Spice Protect 	One-Shot	Passive		20	If your spices would be messed with in any way, this prevents it for the night.
Salt		Empowerer	One-Shot			20	Your target's ability, if any, cannot be stopped in any way.
Curing Salt	Extender	One-Shot			20	Your target does NOT expend the use of their ability if they are using a 1-shot power. If your target did not have a one-shot ability they were using the night you target them, you do not expend this power.
Modifiers Explained:
code:
Gossiping	If the player is visited, their action fails and is not expended
Doomed		If action is meaningfully successful, the player dies at the end of the following day
One-Shot	Can Be Used Once
Shy		If the target is visited by anyone else, the action fails and is not expended
Inquisitive	Bonus effect if the information gained has not been gained by anyone else this game
Passive		Does not require an action, it just happens if conditions are met
Weak		If power is used on a scum, the player dies
Tiring		If this power is used, no abilities can be used the following night
Ruthless	If this ability targets players of the opposite alignment, it kills them
When you get a new spice, you can chose to either combine it with any other spice or spice blend you have. This will combine those two actions into a single action that may just do both things, or the spice blend could be something entirely new (but still related to the combined spice components).

Grandicap fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 26, 2021

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Observer please!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Obviously I'm doing this game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sounds like someone is making Flying Jacob again

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It is my favorite thing to make other people eat but maybe I'll figure out something better,i have been cooking a lot the last year or so

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

It is my favorite thing to make other people eat but maybe I'll figure out something better,i have been cooking a lot the last year or so

I was going through my pics on my phone the other day and came across that travesty of a Flying Jacobs drink I made.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I am ready to cook

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I will play in this game

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Spectator here

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Observer slot please.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Can we start yet? I made a Grand Mac tonight

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I am a subpar cook but I will do my best

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf posted:

I am a subpar cook but I will do my best

That’s OK, you’re a subpar mafia player too

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I would like to observe plz

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
This game has more observers than players. Cook you cowards!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

That’s OK, you’re a subpar mafia player too

Yeah but that one’s effortless

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Are our recipes public or do we pm them? Narrowing my options here

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

CapitalistPig posted:

I’m moving next week so I won’t be doing much if any cooking until we get settled into our new house

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

Are our recipes public or do we pm them? Narrowing my options here

PM or discord them to me, they flip when you do. Or at the end of the game so we can share recipes. If you want to share what you submitted you are welcome to, but it is not a requirement.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I can be the fast-food aligned jester

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Hello I am... going to sign up. Pls allow me some time to submit a recipe, but I will join the discord when I’ve chosen one. I’m deciding between two.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

If you don’t mind that I’m probably not going to be able to cook much I’m game. I’ll observe otherwise.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

ObamaAkbar. posted:

If you don’t mind that I’m probably not going to be able to cook much I’m game. I’ll observe otherwise.

The less you cook, the less roles you get, but you are absolutely welcome.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I will try my best to cook some recipes but can’t promise anything!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m gonna play this mostly vanilla too OA, but if I ever want a mason or something I’ll get cooking

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I will be making the most pretentious version of each food that I can

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Scientastic posted:

I will be making the most pretentious version of each food that I can

Budget versions and pretentious versions are the best. Either end of the spectrum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm making my recipe tonight.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm making my recipe tonight.

I made mine two nights ago and it was pretty yumtastic

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm trying to decide between microwave cooking for one or 70s dinner party

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm trying to decide between microwave cooking for one or 70s dinner party

I've got a cookbook called Microwave cooking for one and it's like from the 60's or 70's or something like that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yes that's the one

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kinda impressive collection of microwaved food

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Retro Futurist posted:

Yes that's the one

Ahh poo poo, I checked and I was accidentally conflating this book and another cookbook I have about family meals that's from the 60's or 70's

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok I'm making mine tonight. Hurry up and join game!

I wonder if it's worth putting a post in GWS, maybe get some new blood

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
observer pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

How many actual players are we shooting for here?