Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Obviously I'm doing this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
This game has more observers than players. Cook you cowards!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm making my recipe tonight.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm trying to decide between microwave cooking for one or 70s dinner party

I've got a cookbook called Microwave cooking for one and it's like from the 60's or 70's or something like that.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Retro Futurist posted:

Yes that's the one

Ahh poo poo, I checked and I was accidentally conflating this book and another cookbook I have about family meals that's from the 60's or 70's

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Well, I know what I'm making tonight.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I like that the effects of the spices aren't hidden this round.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I don't own an immersion circulator but it's on my list of things to get.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I don't have bacon but you know what I do have? Pork floss.

Time to make an Asian themed egg sandwich.

Got an egg, pork floss, msg, salt, white pepper, spicy chili crisp and some bread.

Toasted the bread while my pan got hot for frying the egg over easy. Then liberally applied spicy chili crisp to one side and called an audible and added some kewpie mayo to the other side for creamyness.

Finished frying the egg and put it on the sandwich, busted open the yolk a bit and spread it around so it could kind of soak into the bread and floss a little, and added pork floss to it.

Finished sandwich. It was good.

Now gimme my points MOD

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Oh yeah, since I didn't like explicitly mention it the salt, pepper, and msg were added to the fried egg after I cracked it into the pan.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Bifauxnen posted:

Bread and pork floss makes me wanna go to Breadtop

I just looked that place up and I wish I had them here.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

What. Is. Pork. Floss?

Easily Googleable :smug:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I almost forgot this was a mafia game. uhh ##vote Obama as is tradition in my past 2 mafia games

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Referee posted:

Okay, finally submitted my starting recipe and cooked something in-thread so I feel like I can participate now, although honestly I’m really enjoying just seeing what everyone’s cooking so far.

This is pretty much why I've joined all the cookfias. I love cooking and seeing what other people make.

The mafia takes a backseat to the cooking.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Who wants to go to the fair?

I have made a dessert.

In this mixing bowl I have whisked the following into a batter-
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
After all that stuff was whisked together really well I then whisked in 1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour and thus a batter was formed.

I then carefully poured into my deep fryer (with ashamedly dirty oil that I need to change) half of said batter making sure to pour it in a drizzling fashion crossing over itself and moving it around

I fried it for just 1 minute and a half or so before flipping it over and doing the other side for the same amount of time.

It was then transferred to a paper toweled plate and sprinkled with the proper amount of powdered sugar to make a -

Funnel cake!

The recipe given makes two funnel cakes sized for a single person so adjust accordingly.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The deep fryer I have is small and perfectly sized so that I don't make WAAYYY too much of fried foods. It's just enough to make a very reasonable portion of fries for pigwife and I.

I do love having one around and I do find myself using it quite often but if there are health concerns it's probably not great to have.

Basically we got it because we very often have frozen chicken patties and bags of fries on hand in our freezer.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Scientastic posted:

Deep fryers aren’t actually anywhere near as bad as people think: if the oil is the correct temperature, very little goes into the food

Yeah for sure this.

If you have like specific cholesterol issues or something it's still probably not wonderful though but making sure you don't put food into oil that's too cold like a doofus and not letting things drain you'll get a lot more of the oil.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
That actually reminds me of a story from my youth.

I was having a sleepover at a friends house and his mom made dinner one night of battered fish she put in the deep fryer, but she just tossed the fish on into the oil while it was still cold and then turned the deep fryer on so the fish sat there in cold oil soaking it all up until it got hot.

It was absolutely loving disgusting but my friend didn't want to make his mom mad so we sat there and choked it down with ridiculous amounts of ketchup.

It was like eating a mouthful of bread that had been soaked in canola oil.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Retro Futurist posted:

I had an air fryer but it took up too much space and yet could barely fit anything into it.

Yeah air fryers did not impress me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Grandicap posted:

That looks like it worked much better than the dessert I hosed up in the original Cookfia. Only some of the imgur links are dead. My shame lives on.

Oh poo poo, that link makes me wanna get that duck bacon again

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I agree with the referee vote

##vote ref

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

CPig with the driveby hmm

lol

it's day 1 and we've spent almost all of it talking about cooking.

We gotta vote someone and this flimsy rear end ref case is the best we got.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
lol at voting me for voting for the strongest lovely day 1 case

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Referee posted:

You know it’s a lovely case but are happy to vote it. Noted.

It's day 1 all cases are lovely, we need a flip and some night actions to analyze

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Idle Amalgam posted:

Seems like a weird callout for your single voter

Now laughing at a person voting you is weird. Let me add that to my list of arbitrary mafia rules.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Totally non-cooking-rleated post incoming.

IA did not lament rolling town
IA defended CapitalistPig against my (admittedly lame D1) vote.

Hmmm...

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
who bought brown sugar. Let's be masons

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Bifauxnen posted:

Aaaahahahahahahahahahahaha

HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't really think that is a funny statement ma'am.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Okay who scum. Spill the beans.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also what dastardly villain would kill Opop on night 1. smh

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It's true, I did indeed target sandwolf to add him to my cult.

Who wants to be culted?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Alfredo night at the pig household.

Salt, white pepper, Fettucine (not from scratch but the fresh kind at least), heavy cream, parmesan cheese blends, bacon pieces (real), butter, fresh scallions from the garden chopped up, garlic, a shallot, and some scallops that I have pre coated with a lemon pepper compound butter.

Sliced up some shallot thin and diced the garlic.

Got all the stuff lined up and ready to go. Then i put the water on and started getting the pasta cooked, once the water boiled and the pasta was in I started.

got the salt and white pepper as well as the bacon, shallots, and garlic and started the butter melting on medium.

Once i cooked the stuff in the butter for a bit i added the heavy cream and whisk whisk whisk and let it simmer for about 5ish minutes.

Then added cheese slowly and whisk whisk whisk, i tasted and added more white pepper and salt here as well as adding bits of heavy cream at a time while whisking because it was too thick.

Once it was all incorporated and had turned into a sauce I plated the pasta and sauced it and set it aside for just a moment while I got some butter browning in a hot pan I had on standby.

I then seared the scallops quickly on each side and added them to the plate with some broccoli and scattered some of the scallions on top.

Final product.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

I was going to cook Chicken Diane because my wife didn’t want steak, but I got steak anyway. Food coming soon.

Wait til you see what I'm going to do for steak diane. It's really gonna make people mad because I don't have steaks OR brandy.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm pretty sure this counts as a midnight snack.

The unreal thing is like a dark chocolate mounds type thing with coconut in the middle.

oh no what am I doing...

Yes, that is a midnight snack of a royal dansk smushed chocolate coconut sammich.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It's day 2 and I don't have any real reads.

I don't wanna vote for sandwolf

let's instead vote for ##vote clue

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

Clue does have a newbie avatar

blood for the blood god

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

Counterpoint: Sandwolf's avatar is an evil looking person drinking blood

umm, that's a skeleton drinking wine.

I can't believe you would just assume all skeletons are evil, you have a skeleton inside of you right now.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

The correct pronunciation is Zand-vulf

This is how I've always pronounced it. I didn't even think there was another way to pronounce it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
That looks loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Okay so let's clear up some stuff.

I used a brown sugar and Mace blend to get sandwolf and bif into a masonry with me. We have the ability to see All spices used by, and on, a person as well as ones they own , we don't get the specifics though, just a list of all of the spices and blends with no context.

Bif had me fooled pretty good honestly and I had no suspicions.

Last night we chose to target merk with our ability.

The following things were returned:

Brown Sugar & Mace Blend - this was our spice cop thing
Cumin & Tumeric Blend - This was me, and is the reason merk is dead. What this blend did was make me unable to be targeted by a night kill or a spice steal and instead I name a player each night and if either of those two things happen to me they are redirected to my target instead, last night that target was merk, so i was targeted by a kill last night.

so this leaves the following things that merk had, or had done to them, or did to someone else.
Garlic
Allspice, Cumin & Garlic Blend
Cayenne Pepper & Garlic Spice Blend

I am still in the masonry with sandwolf but we can no no longer do the spice cop thing because bif died.

Let's see if this information can help us sus out other scum.