Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

the_steve posted:

:allears: I remember early last year when I asked if we'd need a category for Covid and everyone was still optimistic that it may not even last long enough to be a significant "thing."

Tbf last February or so I chewed someone out for buying into the xenophobic trope of the scary foreign disease that's always amounts to nothing. Boy was I wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1345527890801266694/photo/1

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

which way round is this lad's head supposed to be

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
The Sinfest guy has a great style but I just realized that I can't stomach any more of the incomprehensible "story." I just scrolled past it. It feels good.

Amoxicilina
Oct 21, 2008

The Cubelodyte posted:

The Sinfest guy has a great style but I just realized that I can't stomach any more of the incomprehensible "story." I just scrolled past it. It feels good.

What do you mean? A dying anthropomorphized "year" is very insightful commentary on the passage of time in the context of the human experience.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ishida took all of the jokes about 2020 never ending as fact.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Most of those "both sides" asswipes are just manipulating schemers but I'm willing to accept that Ishida is actually this stupid.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
The oldest joke about 2020 lasting forever I can find is a 2012 article on the loving SCP Wiki, where the doomsday clock says 2020 will end on 2022-01-01.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Thanks to the pointers I got from HootTheOwl, Wiki Sours has now been, as far as I can tell, de-spammed. All spam pages and spam users are gone from the SQL database. I'm gonna re-enable editing for regular users, but at least for the time being keep new user registration disabled until I have at least upgraded to the latest version of MediaWiki, and try to figure out how to better prevent spam users from registering. If you really feel like you need an account before then, either send me a PM or contact me on Discord—KennyMan666#1335—and we'll solve it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Moon Slayer posted:

:psyduck: But if they have so much vaccine wouldn't the doctor and nurse already be vaccinated? So it wouldn't matter how close they got?

Apropos and definitely not a humblebrag, but I'm getting my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine tomorrow and it's actually hard to wrap my mind about the fact that by February I won't have to worry about this thing anymore.

If you're in the US, don't forget to enroll in v-safe, the CDC's outcomes monitoring and notification system. They should provide the information you'll need to do so when you receive your first shot. The same applies to everyone else.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Vaccines won't be rolled out in Australia until at least March by current timetables.

Knight:

Victoria shuts the border with NSW, including for Victorians who did not make it back over the border in time.

Leak, Son of Leak:

(Opposition leader) Anthony Albanese dumps Labor's franking credits policy, attacks 'fake' PM ahead of federal election
On franking credits, an article from before the last election: What are franking credits and why are some boomers so angry? (SBS). Basically self-funded retirees can create a share portfolio and get the Australian tax-payers to give them rebates, the cost is ballooning into crazy billions but it's political poison to take it away.
(Also last election Labor's position on coal was to try to walk the line between both sides, pleasing no-one.)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's 2021 and there hasn't been a new Stephen Collins cartoon (that I can find) since mid-December :negative:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: There’s Still One Thing That America Is Good at

Ted Rall posted:

We can’t fix schools. We can’t help the jobless. We can’t do healthcare. But there’s still one thing that America can do well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

average mean member net worth of $1 million Congress :hai:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I keep reading the last panel as "Goth in a row" instead of 60th

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

the_steve posted:

I keep reading the last panel as "Goth in a row" instead of 60th

Thank you for this.
:laugh:

E: Laughed so hard I gave myself hiccups.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

At this point I only truly hate the following lazy categories of political cartoons:

1. Dumb and so goddamn crazy. Even if I agree with their opinions.
2. Holidays and dead celebrities at the pearly gates.
3. The thing where something normal is going on and a conservative everyman is either being snarky or looking sad. Asay was the master of this.
4. Oops! I forgot to tell a joke! Jokeless Mallard Fillmore or Prickly City especially.

Bors has gotten lazy over the years with the wasteland comics and more and more "dumb and so goddamn crazy". I know they read the thread and I appreciate the in-jokes and their art is nice and they definitely have The Good Opinions but lazy is lazy.

Trump's war on parody has softened me on DASGDC a tiny bit. In the context of the many left-leaning cartoonists who just broke these last four years, there was something cathartic in Britt drawing Trump and the GOP as dirty, evil monsters every week because that's what they are. At a certain point, you aren't being nuanced in your criticism by avoiding that, just failing to show the obvious.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail on Sunday:

Just popping in to say that Mac's resolute determination to avoid speech bubbles really hosed him over on this one. So much so he had to draw an open mouth on a mask.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Stealing a post from the deviantart thread:

These are all better than Ted Rall.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
I'm pretty sure that prediction will hold up.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yikes

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Whats up with that shadow inside the lampshade?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

GARY WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE LAMP!?

Seriously those little dots look like stuck pubic hair.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

By popular demand posted:

GARY WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE LAMP!?

Seriously those little dots look like stuck pubic hair.

He loves lamp. Apparently.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

I'm pretty sure that prediction will hold up.

The federal timetable was supposed to be 20 million doses administered by the end of 2020, estimated doses given at this point is about 4 million. We are only at 20% of where we are supposed to be. If anything, Joe's prediction is looking hella optimistic.

People at home give a poo poo about halftime shows? I thought that was when the broadcast goes to commercial and the viewers go to the bathroom?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A one man marching band halftime show would be pretty cool though.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

I dont know posted:

I thought that was when the broadcast goes to commercial and the viewers go to the bathroom?

Super Bowel :dadjoke:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

I dont know posted:

People at home give a poo poo about halftime shows? I thought that was when the broadcast goes to commercial and the viewers go to the bathroom?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Ah, a simpler age.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Yeah, imagine painting Iran as being as bad as the GOP when it comes to destroying America.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on the UK’s coronavirus surge – Keir Starmer has urged Boris Johnson to impose a new national lockdown in England within the next 24 hours to tackle the ‘out of control’ virus"

Telegraph:

UK to move to highest coronavirus alert level as full lockdowns loom

Matt:

Scientists appeal for calm over new Covid variant in South Africa

Independent:

Teachers take legal action as chaos grips England's schools plan

Times:

Evening Standard:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

In case that the UK's health care system should collapse are the guards permitted to evacuate the royal family on a boat constructed from the skin of the PM? Because that is the only use i could find for Boris Johnson.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
We haven't seen Bob for a couple of weeks, is he on holiday or did tier 4 ruining his Christmas plans break him?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

escapegoat posted:

We haven't seen Bob for a couple of weeks, is he on holiday or did tier 4 ruining his Christmas plans break him?

I think he's still on holiday. I've not looked too closely at his twitter for any announcements; just the odd glimpse at his madness gets me down.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Or Janet Jackson’s nipple, which harkens back to the repressed Bush era and has a depressing story about the incident.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

We have that nipple to credit (or blame) for Youtube tho

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I dont know posted:

They didn't until the Janet Jackson incident and then suddenly they became a core part of the American identity that liberals were trying to ruin.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

escapegoat posted:

https://twitter.com/bobscartoons/status/1345785199355953152

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

duz posted:

Whats up with that shadow inside the lampshade?

Someone had to hastily lose the evidence.