Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The criticism for Biden coming from the right is entirely bad faith bullshit and slander.

I think criticizing Biden is good, but the criticism coming from the right should be disregarded entirely until they show an actual intrest in governing and not just remaining in power through obstruction and racism.

This isn't meant as a shot at you (and I'm not sure if it come off as one? I dunno, I've had a long day and sometimes it's hard to judge how my tone is coming across in text) it's just that I'm not sure it actually is possible to criticize Biden from the right simply because the American right doesn't actually have any concrete goals beyond voter suppression at this point.
I’m not saying attacks from the right are good-faith or correct, but they’re a drat sight better than “Actually, it’s his wife’s fault she died with their daughter.” It makes you look like a loving mega rear end in a top hat, will typically just garner sympathy for Biden, and it doesn’t even have anything to do with Biden’s presidency.

You don’t have to go this route. You have plenty of stupid right-wing poo poo to attack him on, and yet they keep going for that because they’re ghouls who’ve lost all humanity in them. It’s a likely a contributing factor to Biden’s victory because Trump couldn’t stop going there, and Biden’s campaign was more than happy for a reason to have photos of Biden hugging his boys routinely running in the news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Nvm

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean, Biden still lies about that dude being drunk and at fault when he hit them so that is kinda a pretty big example of what a completely amoral person he is in exploiting family tragedy.

Like, maybe if he wasn't disgusting, and Hunter didn't run around crying about how hard being a Biden is to a fawning media then even morons like Garrison wouldn't be able to accurately play those cards.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
You know the Postal Service actually continued operating during the beginning of the Civil War but eventually stopped carrying letters from Georgia to New York due to POLITICS and MISINFORMATION

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Bors has been worse than Rall for at least 4 years. I'm glad their bland dumb nonsense is going away. They got broke by Trump and there's no shame in that.

Yeah, pretty much this.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Worst Label

Also, another hearty gently caress You to Stantis for continuing to beat the "I'm the only real conservative" drum he's been on since 2016.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Bors has been worse than Rall for at least 4 years. I'm glad their bland dumb nonsense is going away. They got broke by Trump and there's no shame in that.

If anybody got broken by the Trump presidency, it was Bennett. He's all but spent the past 4 years barely phoning it in.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

"Reforms".

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Race)

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Neither you nor anyone else on your team are at all worried about Middle Eastern terrorists crossing in from Mexico. I hate this loving song and dance so much. They just lie and foist fake reasons all goddamn day and nobody believes them, not us, not them, but they keep saying them. Forever.

"They're based on lies, ignoring the FACTS! Facts we can't list here but boy they're very damning!!"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MLB is held together by politics?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Protect and Serve

Ted Rall posted:

The murder of George Floyd by Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin set off Black Lives Matter protests last summer. Now Chauvin is on trial and, as expected, his defense team is trying to spin the inexplicable into the justifiable.

First Dog on the Moon: The expectation people should respond to work calls, texts and emails out of hours is ridiculous

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Murdoch being depicted as a dinosaur with its head up its own rear end is just :discourse:

Intoluene fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Apr 7, 2021

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, Biden still lies about that dude being drunk and at fault when he hit them so that is kinda a pretty big example of what a completely amoral person he is in exploiting family tragedy.

Like, maybe if he wasn't disgusting, and Hunter didn't run around crying about how hard being a Biden is to a fawning media then even morons like Garrison wouldn't be able to accurately play those cards.

Garrison and accurately in the same sentence.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Georgia has been diligently stripping any voting integrity laws from the books. AGC.

Dow soars! Economy humming!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Protect and Serve

That is the worst drawing of a police car I've ever seen in my life, god drat

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Police Station Wagon

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
The hands are drawn as being far away from each other when the purpose of the drawing is to convey they're cuffed together. No other feature of Floyd's (?) anatomy is recognisable, even to the artist, who has drawn Chauvin (?) kneeling (?) on Floyd's back instead of his neck

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

What in god's name is going on in the background of panel 3? It's like the street is collapsing into the loving void. Considering there's no background whatsoever in panel 4, maybe it did.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Major League Baseball, having been forcibly exposed to the facts, is now trying to make visible and take away Georgia's voter-suppression lies. AGC.

Despera posted:

Garrison and accurately in the same sentence.

If by "still" sexpig means "he stopped twelve years ago and apologized to the family", and if by the bit about Hunter Biden he means "Hunter just published a new book and is in the news for that reason", then sure. But sexpig wouldn't be sexpig without recycling right-wing talking points to try to appear leftist.

SneezeOfTheDecade fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Apr 7, 2021

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

CuwiKhons posted:

What in god's name is going on in the background of panel 3?

Never mind the background, what's going on with that officer's right leg :psyduck:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

haha just a complete botch of their chosen medium. "Oh yeah, MLB? Well you're wrong! You can tell by me labeling you WRONG."

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Fister Roboto posted:

MLB is held together by politics?

I agree with Ramirez, baseball's antitrust exemption should be removed!

ah, I'm hearing that's not the point of this cartoon

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Never mind the background, what's going on with that officer's right leg :psyduck:

It's like Ted Rall is entirely incompetent as an artist! :monocle:

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

axolotl farmer posted:

It's like Ted Rall is entirely incompetent as an artist! :monocle:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Don Asmussen - Bad Reporter

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Steve Benson

Chip Bok

Jeff Danziger

Clay Jones

Jack Ohman

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Jeff Stahler

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Michael Ramirez

This is such a lovely metaphor I can't even comprehend it.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

seiferguy posted:

This is such a lovely metaphor I can't even comprehend it.

If you saddle our horribly polluting industries with a tax designed to provide shelter and housing who don’t have it, certainly we will lose the next race!!!!!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It’s real funny seeing people like the assholes posted here freak out because no one is entertaining their little song and dance about the voter suppression in Georgia. Their minds are breaking in real time as they watch society moving on without them and it owns watching them scream into the void

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Michael Ramirez

28% is still lower than it was before Trump and these assholes are STILL WHINING ABOUT IT.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"The racism, see, is that which is against Republicans, who are good, unlike these things that are bad, I am Lisa Benson a successful cartoonist"

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It's real funny seeing people like the assholes posted here freak out because no one is entertaining their little song and dance about the voter suppression in Georgia. Their minds are breaking in real time as they watch society moving on without them and it owns watching them scream into the void

It used to be that these yahoos all got their marching orders to bring up a distraction ("you say voter suppression is bad, well oh ho ho, libs, what about ___________"); now it's just "NUH UH" and labeling various poo poo "lies." Trump made this crew soft.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Limbaugh dying didn’t help, either - there’s less of a single voice feeding arguments to every shithead over their lunch break.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I'd say Garrison's a year away from quitting political cartooning, tops, since he clearly doesn't give a poo poo anymore, but that's like his only source of income at this point, isn't it?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

SexyBlindfold posted:

I'd say Garrison's a year away from quitting political cartooning, tops, since he clearly doesn't give a poo poo anymore, but that's like his only source of income at this point, isn't it?

I know he does commission work where he draws the commissioner and their favorite right-wing personalities owning the libs while daddy Trump looks on approvingly. He charges like $5000 for something that looks about the same effort level as his comics, but he doesn't seem to do it very frequently. My guess is he could make a very comfortable living doing this if he so chose.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Pakled posted:

I know he does commission work where he draws the commissioner and their favorite right-wing personalities owning the libs while daddy Trump looks on approvingly. He charges like $5000 for something that looks about the same effort level as his comics, but he doesn't seem to do it very frequently. My guess is he could make a very comfortable living doing this if he so chose.

Yeah but the main (only?) clientele he had for those commissions appeared to be the grifters themselves, many of whom have seen their income diminished significantly in the last couple of years (Milo and Molyneux, two frequent commissioners, have all but resorted to begging in the few platforms they have left). I'm sure he could still make bank for a while if he pivoted to a more modestly-priced commission-only model aimed at his general audience, but you need name recognition for that, and Garrison's visibility depends on his frequent output - the one thing I can give Garrison is that he's extremely prolific by cartoonist standards, but that also becomes an expectation from your audience once you've been producing at that rate for long enough.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Garrison could probably make a hundred thousand dollars a month taking commissions from furry libertarians. It's the holy trinity of money and h already has practise.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Hihohe posted:

You think they ever wonder why these immigrants wont vote republican?

Also it'd probably take 20 years or so for these immigrants to become voting citizens.

Garrison posted:

As for the $15 minimum wage he promised them again and again on his campaign trail—well, not so fast. His masters don’t want it, so Joe won’t deliver.

And who are these "masters," Ben? I'm sure Republican senators had nothing to do with it.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Late to the punch on this one!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Planes are shaped like beluga whales, right?