Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It looks incredibly cheap there like it was intentionally made to make it easy to retheme if the MCU crashes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I went to Disneyland like two weeks before it opened. Guess I didn’t miss anything.

Also I don’t think I’ll ever go to Disneyland again. It’s kinda boring now.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Mordiceius posted:

I went to Disneyland like two weeks before it opened. Guess I didn’t miss anything.

Figure if you want to do a Disney Hajj (not mocking Muslims. Am absolutely mocking the hosed-up decades long relentless Disney PR that has lifted Disney as a corporation into something close to a religious faith in the American cultural mindset), you're better off going to Orlando. I think there's something like 5-6 different Disney parks and between them all you'll probably find at least a few things that are pretty cool.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t know why my phone autocorrected it to say bigger, I meant better lmao. The IOA ride is so much cooler than the avengers campus one

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t know if that idiosyncratic vibe from spider man into the spider Verse will work for two?? More movies

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

From what I've heard the more recent disney attractions have been pretty halfassed in general.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rise of the Resistance is incredible, but that Spider-Man ride is atrocious.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The Star Wars hotel advertising has gotten such negative reception so far that Disney just straight up pulled its commercial off YouTube after less than a week.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Adults go to disney? Like, without kids?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there is lots of booze at disney

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Collapsing Farts posted:

... yes?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/culturecrave/status/1467704178046763009?s=21

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Er… more like, “if” we bring him back, we’ll use Charlie Cox.

Still good news.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Collapsing Farts posted:

As somebody who used to live in SoCal yes, there's a sizeable population of single and childless couples that go to Disneyland literally every week.

Their houses are also usually Disney junk piles as well.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Chairman Capone posted:

The Star Wars hotel advertising has gotten such negative reception so far that Disney just straight up pulled its commercial off YouTube after less than a week.

I know it's a hotel room so it needs to like, be functional and stuff but yeah seeing that they wanted Westworld money to be in a kind of cramped ultra-bland brown/grey room made me pretty uninterested. Someone on here posted about it perfectly saying it's like instead of being in a space one of the characters would ever be in you're in the room of like, some imperial officer's aide's assistant's intern or something. And again I know it's a hotel room and that limits I guess how much like lived in Star Wars clutter or highfalutin' Star Wars space-ness they can work into it but dang.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 6, 2021

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Sell the goddamn lightsaber, Disney :argh:

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Collapsing Farts posted:

My in laws have season passes to the one in California and go like twice a month.

No, I don't understand it either.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Sweet,he was too good to just use once,hopefully they’ll give him some good stuff to work with (and this deffo means vincent donofrio’s in)

Fingers crossed it’ll be at least semi violent like deadpool.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Roth posted:

I'm not a Star Wars fan, so I can appreciate the craft of it, but I rode it once and I don't see any reason to ride it again.

I think just the "Disney magic" doesn't work for me anymore. The "magic" of the atmosphere is gone. My wife and I went to Disneyland like 6 years ago (it was her first time ever going, my second) and then this year was our first time since then (we went when the park was 25% capacity) and by the end of it... I was kinda just bored?

I have no idea why anyone would buy a season pass for Disneyland.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Mordiceius posted:

I'm not a Star Wars fan, so I can appreciate the craft of it, but I rode it once and I don't see any reason to ride it again.

I think just the "Disney magic" doesn't work for me anymore. The "magic" of the atmosphere is gone. My wife and I went to Disneyland like 6 years ago (it was her first time ever going, my second) and then this year was our first time since then (we went when the park was 25% capacity) and by the end of it... I was kinda just bored?

I have no idea why anyone would buy a season pass for Disneyland.

I live and work 5 minutes away from Disneyland and did have a pass when it was more affordable. I'd go there for lunch sometimes to eat at Plaza Inn and ride California Screamin'

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Sweet,he was too good to just use once,hopefully they’ll give him some good stuff to work with (and this deffo means vincent donofrio’s in)

Fingers crossed it’ll be at least semi violent like deadpool.

Hawkeye
I'm almost certain that the "uncle" from the last episode was Vincent Donofrio. They allude to him being a big, big name in organized crime and the one line sounded like him (though he was off camera)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Inzombiac posted:

Hawkeye
I'm almost certain that the "uncle" from the last episode was Vincent Donofrio. They allude to him being a big, big name in organized crime and the one line sounded like him (though he was off camera)

Ah well i don’t nor will i ever give the slightest poo poo about Hawkeye (gently caress jeremy renner) but i appreciate the heads up.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 6, 2021

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Collapsing Farts posted:

Work/industry trade shows would alternate between Anaheim, Disney World grounds, and Universal Studios Orlando property. I figured since I'm already there, why not enjoy some dark rides?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Collapsing Farts posted:

I know Disneyland is super kid-and-family oriented, but all that aside it is a theme park.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Collapsing Farts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLIfkiF8NeQ

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Disney has restaurants and bars and live music and it’s nice to walk around

It’s not complicated

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Shang-Chi sequel officially greenlit with Destin Daniel Cretton directing again.

Cretton also signed on to direct an unannounced 2023 Disney+ project.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1467925287765692423

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Xealot posted:

In general, the California Adventure “Avengers Campus” is bleak as hell, by the way. The conceit is that you’re on a vaguely corporate campus with a bunch of industrial buildings. It’s literally a bunch of featureless concrete buildings with fake MCU corporate logos on the side. The Spider-Man ride is inside a fake tech company called W.E.B. Peter Parker is an intern there, with a bunch of other made-up profiles for other interns or employees lining the walls.

Spiderman's an intern at his own company?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
"Peter Parker must never be allowed to own the means of production." --Omega Red

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Shang-Chi sequel officially greenlit with Destin Daniel Cretton directing again.

Cretton also signed on to direct an unannounced 2023 Disney+ project.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1467925287765692423

Shang-Chi V Iron Fist plz

I’m guessing Disney+ show is about the new ten rings gang run by his sister

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Noob Saibot posted:

Absolutely not, never bring Iron Fist back ever, just pretend he never existed

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Noob Saibot posted:

It's possible, but would you really need the director of two movies to helm a side-character's spin-off TV show? Or have his sister headline a show? She was fine, but she literally has only one credit on IMDB and it is Shang-Chi.

Seems more likely that his sister would be involved in the sequel.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Piell posted:

Absolutely not, never bring Iron Fist back ever, just pretend he never existed

:yeah:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Seems like Feige going out of his way to say that Charlie Cox and Vincent D'onofrio could come back and "no comment"-ing on everyone else is a sign that they are pretending everyone else never existed.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Seems like Feige going out of his way to say that Charlie Cox and Vincent D'onofrio could come back and "no comment"-ing on everyone else is a sign that they are pretending everyone else never existed.

Jessica Jones is in She-Hulk supposedly

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Honestly all of them were good, even Finn Jones played the type of character they were going for well, even if that specific character was annoying AF (plus the whole white savior BS being gross, plus the thing where Jones wouldn’t learn martial arts which is hilarious and asinine) so he is the one who I could totally do without

The shows themselves all fell apart but I don’t see why you would flush everything that worked well, it’s not like the MCU hasn’t repeatedly done that

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Roth posted:

I was about to say. I was there this summer. Rise is a fantastic ride, maybe top ride I've ever been on. Being stressed about delta made it slightly less fun (I was wearing a good mask) but yeah. Worth it when it's safe to go again. But also don't go, because Disneyland is way overpriced and even their cool merchandise (mugs) have gotten cheaper and crappier.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I thought Finn Jones was willing to learn martial arts but Netflix gave him absolutely zero time to train (which is also why he was less ripped than friggin Paul Rudd).

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Disposable Scud posted:

I thought Finn Jones was willing to learn martial arts but Netflix gave him absolutely zero time to train (which is also why he was less ripped than friggin Paul Rudd).

Yeah IIRC his intention was like "it's a martial arts guy so I train for martial arts stuff right?" But whoever was running the show had the intention of wanting a wiry person and also decided to not only give them zero time but in some cases the fight scenes were literally unknown to the people performing them until the day they were filming them. I mean they knew like "we're shooting the ___ fight today" but they got no prep or knowledge of how it was supposed to go til they were there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

I don’t hate Finn Jones, because it does sound like he was set up to fail. But Iron Fist was still pretty irredeemably bad.

Neurolimal posted:

From what I've heard the more recent disney attractions have been pretty halfassed in general.

The entire Star Wars Land is pretty high production value, I’d say. It’s super weird that one of its regular attractions is a fascist military rally, but they didn’t half-rear end the design of it.

Avengers Campus feels absolutely phoned in, super unambitious. Even with respect to the flat, featureless look of most MCU movies, they made boring choices.

(I’m a childless adult who goes to Disneyland sometimes. I go like once a year, maybe, and live about an hour away.)

Xealot fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Dec 7, 2021