Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
ASK ME ABOUT MY SELF-PUBLISHED WARHAMMER FANFICTION AND MY KNIFE COLLECTION

thrawn527 posted:

...good lord.

edit: At first I read this as there being a comic book version of this story. I was wondering what hosed up writer wrote this. Not sure if this is better or worse.

If it was, you already know which hosed up writer would be the one who wrote it.

Boris Galerkin posted:

I want to read about that story cause that sounds insane but I also don't wanna get put on the no-fly list for searching for "effects of suicide bomb in rectum explosion."

It was discussed on QI. Series I (season 9) episode 9. It was actually an assassination attempt. I can't remember the names involved or find the clip. The episode is on Youtube, though.

AccountSupervisor posted:

Sounds like he had a bad case of explosive diarrhea

I always feel sorry for people who have to sort out dead bodies, but that sounds like an especially bad instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

I think that was a story Chris Morris talked about, the British satirist who did Four Lions. I remember him saying in an interview that there are real life attempted terrorist bombings that were so slapstick you couldn't get away with putting them in a film

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

2house2fly posted:

I think that was a story Chris Morris talked about, the British satirist who did Four Lions. I remember him saying in an interview that there are real life attempted terrorist bombings that were so slapstick you couldn't get away with putting them in a film

I can believe it. The most famous and significant assassination of the 20th century occured because the assassin stopped to get a sandwich.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012
Hello I am a person doing a thing via buttons. It's amazing what electronic singnals traveling through space can accomplish.

Makes ya think.

Purple m&ms are the best.

Was that part of the comedy if errors that led to Franz Ferdinand being assassinated? I remember reading an abbreviated description of everything that went wrong and thinking 'how is this not already like six movies'

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

ungulateman posted:

Was that part of the comedy if errors that led to Franz Ferdinand being assassinated? I remember reading an abbreviated description of everything that went wrong and thinking 'how is this not already like six movies'

Yeah, after the first couple of assassins failed (including one guy trying to commit suicide by swallowing expired arsenic and jumping into a 13 cm deep river) the convoy sped up, quite understandably. It went past Princep (the eventual assassin) really quickly. Princep, at this point, gave up and went to get a sandwich. He saw the Archduke go past the sandwich shop. They then stopped because part of the convoy had gone the wrong way and they were trying to correct it. It was very Coen bros. And on such things did the fate of empires turn.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Snowman_McK posted:

Yeah, after the first couple of assassins failed (including one guy trying to commit suicide by swallowing expired arsenic and jumping into a 13 cm deep river) the convoy sped up, quite understandably. It went past Princep (the eventual assassin) really quickly. Princep, at this point, gave up and went to get a sandwich. He saw the Archduke go past the sandwich shop. They then stopped because part of the convoy had gone the wrong way and they were trying to correct it. It was very Coen bros. And on such things did the fate of empires turn.

The sandwich thing is most likely not true.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The sandwich thing is most likely not true.

don't take this away from me.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Snowman_McK posted:

Uh, I didnít say DEFINITELY so....

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Snowman_McK posted:

It was probably a takeaway, yes.

multijoe
Oct 15, 2007

NYO~HO

2house2fly posted:

Thinking about that guy who tried to do a car suicide bombing at Glasgow Airport, crashed the car after it failed to detonate and was immediately kicked in the balls so hard by some football lad that he dislocated his foot

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Snowman_McK posted:

If it was, you already know which hosed up writer would be the one who wrote it.

Yeah...yeah.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

multijoe posted:

Thinking about that guy who tried to do a car suicide bombing at Glasgow Airport, crashed the car after it failed to detonate and was immediately kicked in the balls so hard by some football lad that he dislocated his foot

"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST IN THE BALLS SO HARD I BROKE MY FOOT" remains one of the absolute best headlines.

Jedit posted:

It was probably a takeaway, yes.

I'm really proud of you.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST IN THE BALLS SO HARD I BROKE MY FOOT" remains one of the absolute best headlines.

Did his steel balls melt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Snowman_McK posted: