Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Oh, honestly, Bruce!

idea to fix the lame character Hush: make him the Niles to Batman's Frasier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

If you've ever read JJ Abrams's Superman: Flyby you should be very, very concerned at this news.

or any of Coates' comics, for that matter

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I have not read them. What's the scoop here?

they're just really, really boring (the Black Panther ones that I read anyway, although I heard the Captain America ones weren't any better). he's a good essayist but a bad comic book writer.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

It’s coming out at the exact same time as a Variety article that has no new information on the Whedon controversy that absolves the studios of any wrongdoing, and Fisher has always said that WB’s plan is going to be to throw Whedon under the bus to save Johns, Berg, and Hamada.

Also Coates’ comics were all loving horrendous, Dickeye had some great write ups of them back in the day but I can’t find them now.

i was trying to find Dickeye's writeups of TNC's Captain America comics too, I remember them being savage

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

also in retrospect the goblin bankers should've been a bit of a giveaway

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

I'm really late to the party but I finally saw The New Mutants and it was fine?
Maybe I'm too online but I was expecting it to be unwatchable dross but I think it was perfectly okay.

The reveal of the bear was extremely cool, at least.

I enjoyed New Mutants more than any live action superhero movie in recent memory

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Speaking of Sebastian Stan, I remember there was that brief period in the late 00s/early 10s where he was in Black Swan, Hot Tub Time Machine, the first season of Once Upon a Time, the criminally underrated Kings, Political Animals... it seemed like he was posed to take off and be a major star in his own right. And then he got sucked into Marvel.

Nothing else I've seen him in made me think much of him as an actor, but he was outstanding in I, Tonya. Genuinely one of the more impressive portrayals of an abusive partner I've ever seen.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I feel like there's a Good Mark Millar and a Bad Mark Millar but even Good Mark Millar's stuff is like... B+ at best and comprises at most 1/3 of his work so it's maybe not worth sifting through Bad Mark Millar.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Gatts posted:

The good Mark Millar is probably when he steals ideas from Grant Morrison

and Warren Ellis, yeah.

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah agreed. I checked out JL (heh, just got this) for the Frank Quietly art and left with a bad Millar aftertaste in my mouth.

yeah he baits you with the good artists. Starlight was one that was actually pretty worth it - mostly for the outstanding Goran Parlov art, but the writing wasn't, like, embarassing.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Ennis is also, whatever other complaints you can make about him, one of the best dialogue writers in comics, something that is decidedly not one of Millar's strengths.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Darko posted:

Millar.

Yeah, no question. At least Millar might have some interesting stories. Conversing with Whedon would be excruciating.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Blade is top 1% tier of both superhero movies and vampire movies easily

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I refuse to believe that anyone actually likes that terrible film. Morbius is hot garbage. Please, I’m begging you, go see anything else. There are plenty of good films out. Don’t spend money on Morbius.

I'm gonna see Morbius.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i'm pretty sure that poll was just a busy box to keep deranged MCU/Snyder fans from calling in a bomb threat to the Oscars

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Gatts posted:

Wait…isn’t that basically what the serum that was in Blade that could kill La Magra?

it was also the serum in Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla that could kill Godzilla

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I have to confess that if I was not a Moon Knight fan for literally 30+ years the only thing that might have got me to watch the show was Oscar Isaac.

I’m also a longtime Moon Knight fan who bought a month of Disney Plus to watch this show.... man it was bad. At least Oscar and Ethan got to meet and are friends now

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Infinity War was the last MCU thing I watched and the idea of getting back into the MCU at this point feels absolutely daunting.

Being told that I need to have seen WandaVision to follow the plot of the new Dr. Strange movie killed any enthusiasm I had for it from Raimi directing.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

sebmojo posted:

You really don't. If you want to know more then watching it afterwards works fine.

If anything, I want to know less.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I wish Moon Knight didn’t even have a plot. I wish it was just Oscar Isaac dealing with his mental issues with some weird visuals and stuff.

I’d watch 8 hour long episodes of that

This is basically what the fifth episode was and it was the one good episode so I’m inclined to agree.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

Doctor Strange 2 and like 2/3rds of Shang-Chi are literally the only good mcu movies since... The first Guardians of the Galaxy?

2/3rds of Shang Chi feels a little generous. I'd put it more at 1/3.

I think the last MCU film I thought was mostly okay was Civil War? There's a bunch I haven't seen though, including Raimi Dr. Strange.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

You're welcome. I'm here for the Taika Waititi backlash.

this one got me

https://twitter.com/Ruby_Stevens/status/1542354915045117953?s=20&t=KnqnOzZXCkhpb-PZGKZV-A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

*The Joker, in the WB Shareholders meeting* It’s simple, we uh, kill Ezra Miller