Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Detective No. 27 posted:

On my Google news feed, I keep seeing softball articles on Ray Fischer getting canned, with headlines as if it was an amicable split. Meanwhile I also get a ton of articles rehabbing transphobe Gina Carano's image.

:ohdear: That's terrible! My news feed tends to focus more on video game than movie news, but I certainly hadn't heard anything about Ray Fisher's efforts outside of CD threads.

Alhazred posted:

Lindsay Ellis just did that.

Well hey, that's something!

Mr. Apollo posted:

lol yeah it's pretty bad. there's some crazy WB bootlicking going on. "WB shouldn't be punished, they've brought us so much enjoyment."

:negative: Why do so many people think franchises need to be protected?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Piell posted:

According to this criteria apparently I was never an American.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Every single one of these examples is just mindlessly consuming entertainment media. "You're not dumb enough to be one of us, Cap."

Yeah, on it's own I'd think it was a criticism of the modern US rather than Cap.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The MCU did make Inhumans too, a show where the good guys are monarchists enforcing rigid caste system where the winners of a genetic lottery luxuriate and the losers toil in the slave mines digging for the resource that will inflict slavery on their children. And the villain is the one member of the royalty that wants to end that.

:staredog:

For real? I never saw any of the MCU tv shows, were they all this terrible?

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Crackbone posted:

Serious question - given the historical and cultural issues of race, can you make a villain of color NOT problematic?

Sure you can, it just takes a bit of effort. It certainly helps if they're not the only POC in the movie/story, for starters.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I don’t give a poo poo about the movie, but I do appreciate that MCU is now literally the hell for Marvel-brand characters.

It's so apt, I almost don't believe they're actually doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I am a Scarlet Witch stan for a bunch of emotionally complicated reasons and I love the MCU version and I Am so excited for Dr. Strange I am pretty much vibrating out of my skin. I am posting with averted eyes so I do not encounter a single spoiler from this thread but also delurking because I tried on an outfit I obtained almost a year ago and will be finally wearing out for the first time and I am so happy and I have no social media but just really want to share it to try to shake off some of this really over the top superhero movie anticipation. This has been a very difficult waiting period for me, I have actively avoided all trailers and promo material because there is no need for hype materials I am already so hype, my expectations are very low but my hype is very high.

Yes I know it's not actually a Scarlet Witch movie and also it's Scarlet Witch so terrible things are sure to happen to her but it's here, it's finally happening :supaburn:

Spoilers (no pun intended) for photos of me for the folks who don't care/want to see (very reasonable).

i'm so excited

Wow, that's a fantastic costume! I hope you enjoyed the movie.