Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Blood Boils posted:

They'd fail totally and ruin their lives?

Sounds about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Sherlock Moriarty is by fat the worst Moriarty I've ever seen.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

People forget's Whedon's dogshit Alien 4 script, which is also extremely misogynistic. Or at least every male character is extremely gross to the female characters.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Zodiac Job Justice LEague.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Shang Chi won't have the guts to say the protagonist's father is Fu Manchu.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Wait a sec. How the hell is Fu Manchu not public domain?

Copyrights magic.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Mulva posted:

I mean the Fu Manchu bit is a million times better than the fact his father sought out a white woman for her superior genetics to make him. Which is, you know, probably not something they are going to touch on in his backstory.

0_0

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Timeless Appeal posted:

This looks fine and I love Robbie as Harley.

I do kind of wish you had a Suicide Squad that feels like the 80s comics that are more of these political thrillers. It was such a cult classic for such a long time, current Suicide Squad is a bit of a monkey's paw.

John Ostrander is credited and has a cameo in the film.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Grendels Dad posted:

Apparently. A quick search suggests I was thinking of a panel from Mark Waid's Insufferable:

This feels like they stole the idea from Devilman.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Shang-Chi's dad is Fu-Manchu, but since he hates the racist novels featuring him he just calls himself the Mandarin now.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Flash, easy.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

They're totally gonna make Taskmaster a grimdark villain and that sucks.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Nick Fury took the remaining SHIELD team and built his own Outer Heaven. He's become a Metal Gear villain.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

waddler posted:

I accidentally read this list as a single entity, but I don’t think this is the first time Zach Snyder’s Fate has come up...

Not gonna lie, I think Fate's themes are right up Snyder's alley.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I mean they were retconing Shang-Chi's dad to be the Mandarin.

Originally his dad was Fu Manchu.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Marvel lost the rights to Fu Manchu a long time ago, the comics also retconned his dad years ago (although they didn't use the Mandarin afaik)

Of course if anyone could have managed to buy the rights to Sax Rohmer's back catalogue it would have been Disney but I guess they weren't all that concerned

IIRC, they just changed his name, it's still the same dude.

Everyone posted:

Why would they want one of their big MCU movies to feature Chinese Uncle Remus?

Though, bizarrely, I think I recall something where the general plots for the Fu Manchu books were the "heroes" trying to stop Fu Manchu from preventing/over-throwing world-wide white supremacy. So, Fu Manchu was kind of the actual hero of those books?

When I read the books as a kid, Id efinitely liked Fu Manchu way more than "the heroes".

Eventually the racist author came to love his character so much he'd tell in interviews that a world run by Fu Manchu would be better than what we have now lol.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Mat Cauthon posted:

I don't know if you could get away with something like BTILC in this day and age but I could see Hemsworth pulling off the humor and tone much better than say...the Rock.

Holy poo poo yeah, I can see that.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The cartoon sequence explaining how Deals with the Devil works ending with a recreation of the Wish You Were here cover owned and I wish it was on youtube.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Maybe Fat Cobra will show up, that would be dope.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

This just confirms that the MCU is part of the Nasuverse, and the TVA is merely trying to stop their timeline from being subject to the pruning theoretical phenomenon and/or becoming a Lostbelt.

If you don't understand these words, that's okay. Just know that it's very anime.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Everyone posted:

I don't understand those words in terms of their specific meaning but I don't have to because it's also a very Marvel thing. Like putting the word "Quantum" in front of other words as though that's a real explanation for what's happening.

I'm gonna explain it more anyway, cause I feel like it.

So, the Nasuverse is just a bunch of interlinked animes/videogames based on the work of a japanese nerd named Kinoko nasu and his friends who add stuff to it. In that multiverse, there AREN'T infinite timelines: when a timeline diverges too much so that humanity becomes stagnant or dies off, the timeline is pruned. Why or if it affects other worlds hasn't been explained yet afaik.

The current storyline of the phone game is that an Alien God has wiped the Earth clean and brought back some of those Doomed Timelines (called Lostbelts cause anime) to fight it out until one remains to become the new main timeline. The hero fights them by summoning heroes of the past to fight them.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

She wanted to put those Palestinian Kids in the missile path.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

McCloud posted:

See also, the epilogue in ZSJL. I personally love Mad Max Batman, and I can't imagine losing that. Like it's such an insane idea but it works so well

I'll never stop seeing this as Zodiac Job System League.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm curious about Doctor Fate, love that guy.

DC always had the cool stuff hidden in the lesser known comics.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Malthusian Thanos is so dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

It is best to not care too much about continuity.