Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Literally some people on these boards too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Collapsing Farts posted:

What the hell is Frasier

A child has entered the fray.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Fraiser is the Clock King.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The stuff in the little hex is really good and I am liking it a lot. Once they get out though it's the same old MCU formulaic bullshit.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Could be good. Is it raunchy like The Boys? I could see Amazon wanting their own pot of gold. Umbrella Academy didn't exactly light the world on fire like that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He's sorta just nothing now unfortunately. I couldn't be less enthusiastic about their new series. I'll watch the 1st episode but if it's just Marvel action for 24 minutes with 10 minutes of credits I will just wait till it's done.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It was his left over swingers costume.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Shanty posted:

Red Skull's just getting cameos in everything now, huh

:lol:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Piell posted:

Snydercut is definitely a better movie than Whedon but it's like a 7/10

Try defending the lamentations, I loving dare you

It's a poor village offering all they can to their god: their beautiful voices. Humans have been doing it for 1,000's of years.

"I loving dare you" :lol: Wanker.

Or we talking about the WW theme? It's pretty much a meme at this point with idiots going hurrrr [lamentations...] FUNNY.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Piell posted:

If something happens like twenty times and I'm already going "I get it, wailing happens when Wonder Woman does anything, move one" on the third time it is a failed bit

It's just a musical theme for something - it doesn't detract from anything. You're just nitpicking some bullshit cause it's a meme.

Did you cry everytime the Shire cues played throughout LoTR?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Piell posted:

I'm not nitpicking it because it's a meme, it's something I noticed during the movie and though it was dumb, it detracted from the movie for me because I was rolling my eyes every time it happened, nobody else had loud wailing happening any time they did anything

No you didn't. I'm calling you out. It didn't distract you.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pitwar posted:

There's this really weird thing going on with the Snyder Cut, where if someone mentions something about it they didn't like they are instantly shot down and told they are wrong.

I loved the movie, absolutely loved it. At the same time, I can laugh at the Wonder Woman musical cue being overused, or a dramatic sequence of the team walking up some stairs.

It's ok for people to love it, but it's ok for people to find fault in it and bring that up. Let people have their opinions and discuss those in a normal manner, rather than jumping on to someone who just has a different take.

That long post about why you can't say you found the movie bad is just embarrassing. Why look for a fight about a different of opinion regarding a Justice League movie?

This is not true.

It's fine if someone doesn't like it. That's normal.

But when you're just repeating twitter hot takes of nitpicks then it's where you're called out.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Subtitles, how do they work.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

KVeezy3 posted:

I would be really sad, because pretty much everything about that sequence really works for me. From seeing teasers of it over the years, and I quite surprised how well the music ultimately shaped the mood. Like Flash and Iris are doing the whole "Love at first sight, and then lost", thing. Flash's divine intervention changes the course of events, and admires her beauty from a subjectively safe distance, and the reality catches up, Iris just looks at this outsider with full acceptance.

Yeah, the person who performed it was so grateful for all the attention it was receiving. It's such a beautiful song.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Let's just drop this poo poo already.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Freakazoid_ posted:

You picked the worst example to dunk on him with. LotR has a spectacular and unique soundtrack that doesn't wear itself out.

And yes, I DO cry every time.

Cry as in whine about subtitles going [shire theme]. No tears.

But I cried every time it came up too as it was usually during emotional Sam moments. :(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Judakel posted:

No, I don't think so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mulva posted:

Yeah, I know I was enthralled when generic CGI man 241 showed up, went "Rrgh, *grunt*, Awwww!" and then got the poo poo kicked out of him. Or when he stood around and made generic evil boss speeches.

There's doing your own thing, and then there's doing nothing. Nothing interesting was done with Darkseid, and only the tiniest bit was done with Steppenwolf. And nothing that was done with him necessitated him also being a CGI man. And there was no reason to have the generic army scene with a bunch of faceless parademons at the end to make it extra forgettable. Snyder did all sorts of changes to characters for his movies, and most of them are perfectly fine changes that suit the story he was trying to tell. This didn't.

It was just bland and safe and rote. That's it. He followed the standard CGI bad guy handbook. It had nothing to say, it lacked any real visual flare, all of it just sort of existed.

Except, you know, becoming a full fledged character with a huge arc and getting some audience members to even sympathize with him near the end when he just wanted to go home. Steppenwolf is one of the bigger upgrades and voice acted so well by Ciaran Hinds. He's intimidating in most of his scenes until he gets to Superman.

This was just our first glimpse at Darkseid anyways - unfortunately the poo poo for brains at WB decided they don't want more of this. It's similar to how we got a little peek at Thanos in Avengers and GoTG. We don't know much but he seems pissed. And if you know the comics you know how big of a deal that character is but it's not needed for the movies. You can just tell.

But there is a lot of interesting done with him - we see he commands a giant army, we see he almost conquered earth, we figure out his motivation for wanting to come back (anti-life equation) and he's again, very intimidating. He just crushes his lackeys head under his boot without a care in the world.

The issue is that you didn't engage with it. You flipped it off. That's on you. Not the film as tons of others actually engaged with and can see how much better these villains are. The potential for all this is right there in front of your face.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Aces High posted:

I watched Batman Forever earlier this week and maaaaan it's too bad he only did the one movie, he did a really good job

Yeah, I loved his version. I need to rewatch and see how it all holds up. I liked that movie though.

...and ALL the tie ins. I kept all the cereal boxes with embossed covers, the mconalds cups, posters, etc. God the 90s gave was a machine!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A FREAKIN KAIJU??!?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mr. Apollo posted:

I read a review that praised it as “this generation’s Lethal Weapon”.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jose Oquendo posted:

I hope Pete Davidson gets the worst, most gruesome and violent death in the movie. I can’t stand him at all.

This is a bit much TBQH.

He's fine.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The MSJ posted:

People just jealous Arianna Grande hyped up his big dick.

Wouldn't be far from the truth.

Average looking funny guy hooks up with a 10.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He did a pretty good job in drag.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oasx stands shoulder to shoulder with abusers.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is Rich Brian cultural theft?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzc3_b_KnHc

This is a slippery slope.

E: This song is great too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adDD43CvrUc

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 20, 2021

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He dropped Chigga

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

She's a drat good singer too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

While I feel like certain parts of this discussion have been productive, this is still the Comic Book Movies thread, so yes, please go back to discussing why the bad film Blade is considered good for some reason.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'm good.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bring back good X-Men movies.

E: To life

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pratt is a way bigger star than Shuri which should be added to the equation.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

God, it's just not funny at all. I think that's my main problem with the first - the humour isn't clicking.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Not even a smirk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL3ZOCRgJZM

Thing is I really like Tom Hardy and Venom is a really cool concept.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Don't do drugs kids.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Martman posted:

Ok so we went from don't bodyshame people for not being swole to, shame people for not exercising enough? cool

This is some bullshit. Some are saying just don’t loving inject steroids.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jupiters Legacy was the biggest loving slog to get through and the constant flashbacks to how they got their powers was loving ANNOYING. Just do it in one episode. We KNOW they're super. You didn't need to stretch it out. The entire plot grinds to a loving halt for the latter half. Then they dangle a bunch of plots but keep bouncing to them going on a Indiana Jones trip to a mystery island.

Complete waste of time.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jun 3, 2021

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Someone on these boards said this and I was like, holy poo poo - you're right.

GoT went from being this insane pop culture behemoth that was EVERYWHERE to utterly despised in less than a year. It's unprecedented. No one really cares about it anymore aside from knowing it turned to utter poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Watch Tenet then watch YouTube explain it all cause it’s loving zany.