Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

I just find Davidson painfully unfunny. His jokes and delivery are a complete flatline for my funny bone.

His humor feels like someone drew a silly doodle on a post-it note and then put it on a wet bag of potatoes. Just a giant "ok?".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

Snowman_McK posted:

There was a more comic version of this story, albeit darkly comic. A guy stuffed his own butt with bombs to make himself a suicide bomber. When he triggered it, his body almost completely absorbed the blast, so he just sort of...sat down.

Sounds like he had a bad case of explosive diarrhea

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I once saw Awkwafina almost get booed off stage in 2012 after opening for Anamanaguchi at a free show in Brooklyn. Its pretty wild to see where she is now and to see her the subject of this much argument when I thought she was just a dumb meme rapper that nobody would ever remember.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

F&WS and Wandavision both suffer from the same problem of having less to do in 8ish hours than a standard 2 hour movie.

I guess audiences ate it up but Im pretty baffled by just how much it seems like they struggled to copy the MCU formula to a TV format and it ended up being just tons of filler to hit some obvious beat to carry over to the movies.

Both of those stories would have been much better served as single movies.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

If Eternals has some sweet scenes showing bronze age Gilgamesh in Babylon and Sumeria I will be at least somewhat satisfied.

I am really excited for that movie and I really hope they didnt water down Zhao and the Firpo brothers vision too much.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

Guy A. Person posted:

AHhh okay this could be cool. From the other blurb the immediate impression I got was that we would cut to these guys living in modern times, face some world ending threat that only they were inexplicably around to fight, then end with teases that they might meet the Avengere some day! If it is more cosmic or spans decades or something that could be a good twist on the formula.

Theres a cast member listed on IMDB as "Babylon villager" so they will definitely be touching on their presence in the ancient world. I dont how you have a main character named Gilgamesh and you DONT do that.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Is there any historical period that most people would recognize from ~5,000 B.C.? I think China and Japan are the only "major" civilizations that we have some knowledge of from that era.

Either that or a generic "stone age" or "bronze age" era civilization.

Pre-dynastic Egypt maybe.

Also Chinas bronze age started much later than Mesopotamias. Sumer, Elam and other Mesopotamian bronze age civs predate China by awhile. By the time China was starting their bronze age the Akkadian Empire(Sumer) was well into it. The indus Valley bronze age civilizations predate them even.

The somewhat recently discovered Gobekli Tepe in modern day Turkey dates to around 9000 B.C., long before we even thought humans had started becoming sedentary and non-nomadic.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

ungulateman posted:

this seems like a weird set of definitions of 'sedentary' and 'non-nomadic', given that indigenous australians got there 80,000 years ago and were well known for staying in one place in the many nice parts of the country where you don't have to be nomadic to survive

Sorry I was speaking in broader strokes, wasnt trying to derail it too much. Later neolithic sedentary groups with heavy agricultural practices vs primarily hunter-gathering pre-Neolithic nomadic groups. Although obviously they practiced both of those in varying degrees in both sedentary and nomadic lifestyles for a long time.

I know some indigenous Australian agriculture and aquaculture has been dated to around the same period of development as other Neolithic cultures, obviously way earlier than what the colonial perspective sold for a long time but I dont know how much we are trying to dive into that in this thread lol.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

Is it explained at all why the gently caress these superheroes are Christians in Jupiters Legacy lol

I was legitimately confused when they said grace before dinner in the first episode.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I also enjoy Ghost Rider 2 for the manic energy and camera work. Its a fun wacky b action movie.

The BTS is nuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqgI2kKUqqc

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

The funniest part about WB veering from the original plot arc of the DCEU was how the MCU will always beat them to the punch on everything when it comes to big universe arcs(Thanos/Darkseid, timetravel, multiverse, etc) and that was exactly what the original plan was attempting to avoid.

By the time Loki is over and Dr. Strange 2 is out there will be nothing novel about a comic multiverse in film so DC will just be retreading ground, again, with The Flash.

Its kind of amazing how the parallels between the start of the actual comics rivalry has sort of been revived for their film universes.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

Neurolimal posted:

Tbf I think SCJL is better than the Super-Sons

The thought of the Snyderverse being a computer simulation inside the actual DCEU would have been such a ballsy way to reset the canon yet retain the actors and I wish WB were so bold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

WB didnt want the oral scene because there wasnt a solo film in which this was explained, obviously.