Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Vintersorg posted:

Someone on these boards said this and I was like, holy poo poo - you're right.

GoT went from being this insane pop culture behemoth that was EVERYWHERE to utterly despised in less than a year. It's unprecedented. No one really cares about it anymore aside from knowing it turned to utter poo poo.

You can't even enjoy old clips because it just reminds you that their character arc or actions are utterly meaningless. Now which character am I talking about? Exactly.

It's hilarious how badly they hosed the entire thing retroactively.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Laughing Zealot posted:

During the walk through the fight club, was that ninja lady fighting someone extremis augmented? It looked like someone with glowing skin.

Yeah I saw that too, definitely looked like an Extremis person.

Also Awkwafina was not as annoying as the trailer made it seem like she was going to be.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Speaking of Kung Fu Hustle, I was sorta expecting Shang Chi's finishing move to be closer to the buddhist palm technique from that movie, especially as he's falling towards the dweller

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Eternals scoring lower than movies like The Dark World or Black Widow is super weird. It's a flawed movie but it wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Was anyone else's Eternals screening really dark? I found it hard to tell what was going on a lot of the time.

Looked fine at our theatre. Maybe they accidentally ran the 3d reel.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 7, 2021

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Toby McGuire's peter parker is already canonically an out of shape spiderman as see in Into the Spiderverse.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Wizard Master posted:

loving sick of this poo poo. Is this comic book fad ever going to die out? It's garbage for 8 year olds

Nobody is forcing you to watch them

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Spalec posted:

https://www.ign.com/articles/spider-man-now-way-home-demand-crashes-theater-websites

Apparently multiple ticket sites were melting down. I guess this movie is super popular?

Makes sense, he's easily the most popular marvel superhero. I know people give (rightfully) give a lot of credit to Iron Man but Spiderman always has been and might always be the most popular Marvel property.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Collapsing Farts posted:

Adults go to disney? Like, without kids?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLIfkiF8NeQ

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

It's cool and good when anti vaxxers lose their jobs, unironically

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

thrawn527 posted:

According to Bill from Kill Bill, sure, but I'm not sure I ever really bought that. I always thought Clark Kent was who he really was. He was born as Kal El, but he was raised as Clark Kent, and he is a farm boy from Kansas. He puts on the costume to fight crime, but in his mind/heart, he is Clark.

I guess this depends on the version, though. I never read many Superman comics. It's definitely more of a grey area. Being both Clark and Superman involve lies.

Yeah that speech from Bill always bugged me. The awkward, bumbling Clark Kent that he puts on is an even bigger act than his Superman persona. His real personality is humble, hard-working rural farmboy Clark Kent who knows how to fix a tractor.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Sony really has no idea what they're doing w/r/t comic book movies huh?

The first Venom and spider verse seemed to be the turnaround but they're starting to seem more like outliers now

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Why does he dress like a bat? The movie never explains this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

I like the lack of tension in Thor4. Not every movie should give me a panic attack at the end of the 2nd act.

Had a question about the plot, not sure if it has been mentioned : [Thor 4 spoiler] Why were the kids at the gate to eternity? Gorr had the axe, what does he still need the kids for? I'm not so sure his wish was gonna be to kill all the gods. Maybe his wish involved the kiddos in some kind of army ? No idea.

The way I see it he's just angry at the gods, not Capital E EVIIIIL. He's not just gonna leave them to die on the comically small planet or trapped in that cage or whatever.