Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Cernunnos posted:

I'm loving the little artificial crowd that reacts to chat emotes. :3:

Oh I didn't even realize the crowd was reacting to emotes, thats cute as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Sent lives in a grandma house lol.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully this year we can compete for the lamp.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Prizes

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Put that lamp up as a prize and you break all the GDQ records

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Agent355 posted:

Sent lives in a grandma house lol.

Sent is a grandma

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Sent needs to have a set of coasters to put under all the prizes on that side table to go with the grandma theme.

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

TeaJay posted:

Yeah, I'm completely lost now with command lines and editing configs, I have no idea what to put where anymore. Still getting the purple screen error with Streamlink Twitch GUI though.

Do note that if you have a streamlinkrc file and are messing with it, I think it can interfere with the options that Streamlink Twitch GUI passes along.

I was having it pause for ad segments regardless of the settings I had in Streamlink Twitch GUI until I futzed with the player-passthrough option in my streamlinkrc file. I now get it showing a twitch "Commercial Break in Progress" screen initially, but it's better than a wait for me. Don't know yet how it will act during actual twitch ad breaks.

On the other hand, the unofficial app I sideloaded on my TV Just Works and I don't have to deal with any of this ad bullshit, somehow.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Just a Master Sword this year? No matching Hylian Shield?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Merv Burger posted:

Do note that if you have a streamlinkrc file and are messing with it, I think it can interfere with the options that Streamlink Twitch GUI passes along.

I was having it pause for ad segments regardless of the settings I had in Streamlink Twitch GUI until I futzed with the player-passthrough option in my streamlinkrc file. I now get it showing a twitch "Commercial Break in Progress" screen initially, but it's better than a wait for me. Don't know yet how it will act during actual twitch ad breaks.

Well, for me it shows the same purple screen with the option disabled or enabled and with the command line text, so no dice.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there's always at least 1 shirt i gotta buy from yetee each marathon

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maybe completely uninstall streamlink and twitch gui and do a fresh install?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Heck yeah DKC race

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

returning from my SA slumber to say it's cool to watch people play video games quickly

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 3, 2021

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
This race is so close it's basically like watching the same screen twice

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Gort posted:

This race is so close it's basically like watching the same screen twice

Drift Comparability Confirmed

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

returning from my SA slumber to say it's cool to watch people play video games quickly

:yeah:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

The 7th Guest posted:

Nice. My wife's name is Heather so I bought that for her and I got the Kenshiro shirt for myself.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

drat this race is nearly synced

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Race is very hype, I hope nobody dies and it stays like this until the end.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Good lord I'm learning new things. The Beaverwheel hitboxes. :stare:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Rope despawn skip was crazy

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Also this is good. GDQ is good, we need some GDQ right now.

It's not quite the same without the crowd but it's still Good.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

Punchy is now legally obligated to wear this shirt whenever he runs Silent Hill 3.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm sure this is very riveting but if anyone else has the same problem, I was able to fix it by checking this option in the Streamlink Twitch GUI settings (instead of trying to set the command line option in the short cut)

Get the "preparing ad" text in the launcher now that was mentioned but afterwards it starts without incident.

e: It's crazy how synced they still are

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 3, 2021

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

TeaJay posted:

e: It's crazy how synced they still are

No kidding. This race has been really good.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

TeaJay posted:

Yeah, I'm completely lost now with command lines and editing configs, I have no idea what to put where anymore. Still getting the purple screen error with Streamlink Twitch GUI though.
Really not sure what that message is about, sorry posting pal :(

TeaJay posted:

Twitch ads during the actual games are the worst. ESA had them but I think GDQ doesn't. I'm subbing just to support the cause anyway.
I think people raising for a charity can optionally talk with Twitch about not getting mid-roll ads, because I didn't see them during Desert Bus For Hope either, but they seem pretty much everywhere else.

Kaubocks posted:

:emptyquote:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

oh noooo, rip eazinn

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Those rolls out of nothing give me anxiety.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Vermain posted:

oh noooo, rip eazinn

Gotta respect anyone who takes the L attempting a harder strat in the home stretch

Doubly so when they nail it on the second try

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

shitgamequitforever.com

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I think people raising for a charity can optionally talk with Twitch about not getting mid-roll ads, because I didn't see them during Desert Bus For Hope either, but they seem pretty much everywhere else.

Probably because they make sure to play twitch ads in between runs

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Haha, there's the lamp in the virtual audience as well

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Somehow I haven't seen any ads on Twitch at all for the past few days, just watching on the website. I used to get an ad for Amazon Prime video almost every time I opened a stream.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

TeaJay posted:

Haha, there's the lamp in the virtual audience as well
Is there a monitor, though?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Peewi posted:

Somehow I haven't seen any ads on Twitch at all for the past few days, just watching on the website. I used to get an ad for Amazon Prime video almost every time I opened a stream.
Don't worry, Amazon can manage to gently caress up their systems in weird ways, so every ad that you don't watch now will be queued up and suddenly played one after another whenever you least expect it.
That's happened to me on multiple occasions, and it's extremely on-brand for Amazon being insanely spiteful.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I am now going to quote my own tweet because I am in fact thinking about this: https://twitter.com/SpaceDrakeCF/status/1345803781393453056?s=20

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

drat it Eazinn's fashion sense is rocking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
And here's an interview.

Smash-cut to SpikeVegeta bullshitting about chairs.