Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Winter Season 2021: The Secret Society BLANKET codeword is "Nyanpassu"

• Recommend good shows! No, it's never too late for that! Popular shows get a :siren:
  • The line below the title contains: studio | director | writer | genres | source | air date
  • Season overviews: anichart.net and myanimelist.net
  • Anime schedule: Senpai.moe
  • Streaming search engine: Because.moe

TV (full length)

2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu
David Production | Yasuhiro Kimura | Yousuke Kuroda | Sports, School | Novel | Jan 8, 2021
High school student Kimichika Haijima moves back to his hometown, Fukui, after causing trouble in the Tokyo Junior High School volleyball club. There, he is reunited with his childhood friend, Yunii Kuroba, who possesses outstanding physical abilities, but is vulnerable under pressure. Haijima, with his overwhelming passion and talent for volleyball, forms an ace combination with Kuroba. The two enroll at Seiin High School, where they join the volleyball club. Awaiting them are the 163 cm hot-blooded captain Shinichirou Oda, the talented and sharp-tongued vice-captain Misao Aoki and his third-year pair, and second-year students, including Akito Kanno, who is always wearing long sleeves due to his allergy to sunlight. The newborn team breaks its former shell of weakness and becomes Fukui's rising star. This is a certain team's journey to victory, with a series of fascinating rivals standing in their way.
PV

5-toubun no Hanayome ∬
Bibury Animation Studios | Kaori | Keiichirou Oochi | Harem, Comedy, Romance, School, Shounen | Manga | Jan 8, 2021
Second season of 5-toubun no Hanayome.
PV

Alice in Deadly School
Hoods Entertainment | Shigeyasu Yamauchi | Yumi Kageyama | Comedy, School, Shounen | Other | Jan 4, 2021
Yuu and Nobu are practicing manzai (a two-person comedy act) act on the roof of the school. At the same time, the school building is overflowing with the presence of non-human "something else." It is said that if a person dies after being bitten by one of them, it will turn into the same "something else" and attack people. In the chaos of the school, Will Yuu, Nobu, and the other surviving students be able to escape from its evil hands?
PV

Back Arrow
Studio VOLN | Gorou Taniguchi | Kazuki Nakashima | Action, Fantasy, Mecha | Original | Jan 9, 2021
Lingalind is enclosed by the Wall. The Wall covers, protects, cultivates, and nurtures the land. The Wall is God. One day in Edger, a village on the outskirts, a mysterious man named Back Arrow appears. Arrow has no memory, but he claims that all he knows is that “I came from outside the Wall.” Arrow tries to go beyond the Wall to regain his memories but is pulled into one conflict after another.
PV

:siren:Beastars 2nd Season
Orange | Slice of Life, Psychological, Drama, Shounen | Manga | Jan 5, 2021
Second season of Beastars
PV

Bungou Stray Dogs Wan!
Bones ; Nomad | Toshihiro Kikuchi | Kazuyuki Fudeyasu | Slice of Life, Comedy, Supernatural | Manga | Jan 13, 2021
The peaceful days of the very popular work Bungou Stray Dogs are here. The characters of the Armed Detective Agency and the Mafia are in miniature form?! Due to Atsushi and co. becoming cute, this is a different experience to the original work.
PV

:siren:Dr. Stone: Stone Wars
TMS Entertainment | Shinya Iino | Yuuichirou Kido | Sci-Fi, Adventure, Shounen | Manga | Jan 14, 2021
Second season of Dr. Stone.
PV

Ex-Arm
Visual Flight | Yoshikatsu Kimura | Tommy Morton | Action, Sci-Fi, Ecchi, Seinen | Manga | Jan 11, 2021
2014: Akira Natsume seems to almost have a phobia of electrical devices while also being very good at diagnosing them. He resolves to change himself for the better and get a girlfriend like his older brother did. ...But then Akira suddenly dies in an accident. 16 years later a special policewoman and her android partner retrieve and activate a highly advanced AI and superweapon called EX-ARM and put it into full control of their ship as a last resort. Turns out the AI is actually just Akira's brain!
PV

Gekidol
Hoods Entertainment | Shigeru Ueda | Keiichirou Oochi | Music | Original | Jan 5, 2021
Set five years after the mysterious disaster of a city's sudden disappearance, a group of girls fascinated by the "Theatrical Material System" using 3D holograms aims to brighten the stage during the city's post-apocalyptic recovery.
PV

:siren:Hataraku Saibou Black (Cells at Work Black)
LIDENFILMS | Hideyo Yamamoto | Hayashi Mori | Action, Seinen | Manga | Jan 10. 2021
Alcohol, smoking, and stress—in the body subjected to these irritants, the cells responsible for maintaining life seem to fight a war that never ends. Due to a severe shortage of workers, Red Blood Cell AA2153 has to quickly learn to deliver oxygen and collect carbon dioxide, even in dangerous conditions. Meanwhile, White Blood Cell U-1196 has to do her part by dealing with germs and viruses during life-threatening situations. In the midst of these crises, they have to work together to keep the body healthy, despite not knowing if their sacrifices will be worthwhile. Hataraku Saibou Black takes a different approach by showing the grittier side of the jobs our cells perform.
PV
Thread

:siren:Hataraku Saibou!! (Cells at Work!! Season 2)
David Productions | Hirofumi Ogura | Yuuko Kakihara | Comedy, Shounen | Manga | Jan 9, 2021
Second season of Hataraku Saibou.
PV
Thread

:siren:Horimiya
CloverWorks | Masashi Ishihama | Takao Oshioka | Slice of Life, Comedy, Romance, School, Shounen | Manga | Jan 10, 2021
Although admired at school for her amiability and academic prowess, high school student Kyouko Hori has been hiding another side of her. With her parents often away from home due to work, Hori has to look after her younger brother and do the housework, leaving no chance to socialize away from school. Meanwhile, Izumi Miyamura is seen as a brooding, glasses-wearing otaku. However, in reality, he is a gentle person inept at studying. Furthermore, he has nine piercings hidden behind his long hair and a tattoo along his back and left shoulder. By sheer chance, Hori and Miyamura cross paths outside of school—neither looking as the other expects. These seemingly polar opposites become friends, sharing with each other a side they have never shown to anyone else.

Hortensia Saga
LIDENFILMS | Yasuto Nishikata | Rintarou Ikeda | Action, Adventure, Magic, Fantasy | Game | Jan 7, 2021
When the duke of Hortensia murdered the king, he unleashed a wave of chaos that spilled the blood of many. Brazenly building his kingdom on the ashes of the old one, his violent rule has left many orphans in its wake. But now, the king’s heir has come of age. Living in secret as a man, she’s remained safe, and the time has come to gather allies to take back what is her’s—both country and throne!

Idolls!
Shin-Ei Animation | Shouta Nakano | Takeshi Miyamoto | Music | Original | Jan 8, 2021
The anime's production will use motion capture technology to capture the movements of the voice cast while simultaneously producing voice recordings.
PV

Idoly Pride
Lerche | Yuu Kinome | Tatsuya Takahashi | Music | Original | Jan 10, 2021
"To become an idol, I shed blood, sweat, and tears. Even so, I push on. I want to shine. I want to earn it. I want to become number one. I want to smile. I want to make my dreams come true. I want to look back at a sea of people. I want to be noticed. I want to find it. I want to overcome obstacles. I have only pride inside my chest." No one is in the spotlight from the beginning. Everyone is weak. Only those who do not break will reach the highest peak to become an idol. This is the story of idols who face big dreams and harsh reality.
PV

I★Chu: Halfway Through the Idol
Lay-duce | Hitoshi Nanba | Yoshimi Narita | Music, Slice of Life, Comedy, School | Game | Jan 6, 2021
School begins at Étoile Vio School, where idol-hopeful students known as "I-Chu" will undergo training to become full-fledged idols. However, things are off to a strange start when the new students are given a speech from their bear principal?! The I-Chu work steadily toward their goals and ask, "What is an idol?" Each boy will learn to shine as they struggle to find their answer.
PV

Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun (The Low Tier Character Tomozaki-kun)
Project No. 9 | Shinsuke Yanagi | Fumihiko Shimo | Drama, Romance, School | Light Novel | Jan 8, 2021
Tomozaki is one of the best gamers in Japan, and in his opinion, the game of real life is one of the worst. No clear-cut rules for success, horribly balanced, and nothing makes sense. But then he meets a gamer who's just as good as him, and she offers to teach him a few exploits...
PV

Kai Byoui Ramune
Platinum Vision | Hideaki Ooba | Ayumu Hisao | Psychological, Supernatural, Shounen | Manga | Jan 10, 2021
As long as hearts exist inside people, there will always be those who suffer. And then something "strange" enters their mind and causes a strange disease to manifest itself in the body. The illness, which is called a "mystery disease" is unknown to most, but certainly exists. There is a doctor and apprentice who fights the disease, which modern medicine cannot cure. His name is Ramune. He acts freely all the time, is foul-mouthed, and doesn't even look like a doctor! However, once he is confronted with the mysterious disease, he is able to quickly uncover the root cause of his patients' deep-seated distress and cure them. And beyond that...
PV

Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi (Redo of Healer)
TNK | Takuya Asaoka | Kasuyuki Fudeyasu | Ecchi, Fantasy | Light Novel | Jan 13, 2021
"Healing magicians cannot fight alone." Keare, who was bound by this common knowledge, was exploited again and again by others. One day, he noticed what lay beyond healing magic, and was convinced that a healing magician was the strongest class. However, by the time he realized that potential, he was deprived of everything. Thus, he used healing magic on the world itself to go back four years, deciding to redo everything. This is a heroic tale of one healing magician who became the strongest by using knowledge from his past life and healing magic.
PV
Thread

:siren:Kemono Jihen
Ajia-Do | Masaya Fujimori | Noboru Kimura | Action, Mystery, Demons, Supernatural, Shounen | Manga | Jan 10, 2021
When a series of animal bodies that rot away after a single night begin appearing in a remote mountain village, Inugami, a detective from Tokyo who specializes in the occult, is called to investigate. While working the case, he befriends a strange boy who works in the field every day instead of going to school. Shunned by his peers and nicknamed "Dorota-bou" after a yokai that lives in the mud, he helps Inugami uncover the truth behind the killings—but supernatural forces are at work, and while Dorota-bou is just a nickname, it might not be the only thing about the boy that isn't human.
PV
Thread

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? (So I'm a Spider, So What?)
Millepensee | Shin Itagaki | Yuuichirou Momose ; Okina Baba | Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy | Light Novel | Jan 8, 2021
I, the protagonist, was just an ordinary high school girl, but suddenly I was reincarnated as a spider monster in a fantasy world. Not only that, but I awakened in a dungeon filled with vicious monsters. Armed with only my human knowledge and my overwhelming positivity, I'm forced to use spiderwebs and traps to defeat far stronger monsters just to stay alive... So begins the labyrinth survival story of a girl with incredible mental strength living as one of the lowest-ranked beasts!
PV
Thread

Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai
Studio Deen | Shinji Ishihira | Toshizou Nemoto | Action, Game, Adventure, Magic, Fantasy | Light Novel | Jan 13, 2021
Third season of Log Horizon.
Thread

Majutsushi Orphen Hagure Tabi: Kimluck-hen
Studio Deen | Takayuki Hamana | Reiko Yoshida | Action, Adventure, Drama, Magic, Martial Arts, Fantasy | Light Novel | Jan 20, 2021
Second season of Majutsushi Orphen Hagure Tabi.
PV

Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu
Studio Bind | Manabu Okamoto | Manabu Okamoto | Drama, Magic, Fantasy | Light Novel | Jan 11, 2021
Killed while saving a stranger from a traffic collision, a 34-year-old NEET is reincarnated into a world of magic as Rudeus Greyrat, a newborn baby. With knowledge, experience, and regrets from his previous life retained, Rudeus vows to lead a fulfilling life and not repeat his past mistakes. Now gifted with a tremendous amount of magical power as well as the mind of a grown adult, Rudeus is seen as a genius in the making by his new parents. Soon, he finds himself studying under powerful warriors, such as his swordsman father and a mage named Roxy Migurdia—all in order to hone his apparent talents. But despite his innocent exterior, Rudeus is still a perverted otaku, who uses his wealth of knowledge to make moves on women whom he could never make in his previous life.
PV
Thread

Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan
Studio Deen | Susumu Nishizawa | Rintarou Ikeda | Action, Adventure, Supernatural, Magic, Fantasy, Shounen | Manga | Jan 13, 2021
Fourth season of Nanatsu no Taizai.
PV

:siren:Non Non Biyori Nonstop
Silver Link. | Shinya Kawatsura | Reiko Yoshida | Slice of Life, Comedy, Seinen | Manga | Jan 11, 2021
Third season of Non Non Biyori.
PV
Thread

Ore dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon
Okuruto Noboru | Kenta Oonishi | Kenta Ihara | Action, Adventure, Harem, Ecchi, Fantasy | Light Novel | Jan 9, 2021
Noir is the son of a minor noble with very little to his name other than a job offer—which is canceled before he can even start his first day. He does possess one rare trait, though: the magical ability to consult with a great sage, even if using the skill gives him terrible headaches! Unsure of what his future holds, he accesses the sage for advice on how to move forward and is directed to a secret dungeon filled with rare beasts and magical items. It is here that Noir will train, compiling experience and wealth, until he's powerful enough to change his fate.
PV

Project Scard: Praeter no Kizu
GoHands | Shingo Suzuki | Tamazo Yanagi | Action, Super Power | Other | Jan 9, 2021
Project Scard depicts the encounters and battles of those who have tattoos which possess the sealed powers of divine beasts and gods. The story is set in the Akatsuki Special Zone, a lawless zone in Tokyo. "Helios" are those who use the ability of the tattoos to protect the city, "Artemis" are committed to maintain security and control, whilst having a strong commercial motive, and the "Public Security Special Service" are Scard Staff of the metropolitan police department. They live through the turbulent days to keep on going.
PV

:siren:Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2
White Fox | ... | ... | Psychological, Drama, Thriller, Fantasy | Light Novel | Jan 6, 2021
Second half of Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season.
PV
Thread

Shin Chuuka Ichiban! 2nd Season
NAS | ... | ... | Comedy, Shounen | Manga | Jan 11, 2021
Sequel of Shin Chuuka Ichiban.
PV

:siren:Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season (Attack on Titan Final Season)
MAPPA | Yuuichirou Hayashi ; Jun Shishido | Hiroshi Seko | Action, Military, Mystery, Super Power, Drama, Fantasy, Shounen | Manga | Dec 7, 2020
The final season of Shingeki no Kyojin.
PV
Thread

Show by Rock!! Stars!!
Kinema Citrus | Takahiro Ikezoe ; Daigo Yamagishi | Touko Machida | Music, Comedy | Game | Jan 7, 2021
"All stars" season of Show by Rock!! featuring all the bands from previous seasons.
PV

Skate-Leading☆Stars
J.C. Staff | Gorou Taniguchi ; Toshinori Fukushima | Noboru Kimura | Sports | Original | Jan 10. 2021
Kensei Maeshima left the world of figure skating after his rival said, “You’ll never beat me.” Years later, he’s using his athleticism to help several high school teams, never focusing on one. But when his adversary publicly announces a shift to a team sport, a kid familiar with Kensei’s past finds and offers him an invitation to lace up his skates and join the world of skate-leading.
PV

:siren:SK∞ {SK8 the Infinity}
Bones | Hiroko Utsumi | Ichirou Ookouchi | Sports | Original } Jan 9, 2021
Reki, a high school sophomore and skater, is addicted to "S," a highly secret and dangerous downhill skateboarding race that takes place in an abandoned mine. The skaters are especially wild about the "beefs," or heated battles that erupt in the races. Reki takes Langa, a transfer student returning to Japan after studying abroad, to the mine where the races are held. Langa, who has no skateboarding experience, finds himself pulled into the world of "S"...
PV

Soukou Musume Senki
Studio A-CAT | Keitarou Motonaga | Yasuyuki Mutou | Action, Military, Fantasy | Game | Jan 7, 2021
In an unplanned field trip, Riko is transported to an alternate Japan where metal-based life forms known as Mimesis ravage the world. Only girls equipped with LBX armored weaponry can stand up to this scourge. Joined by four other displaced young women, Riko will have to adapt to save humanity. The hope of a planet now rests on these heavy metal soldiers who desire one wish—to return home again!
PV

Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari
LIDENFILMS | migmi | Hitomi Mieno | Adventure, Fantasy | Light Novel | Jan 4, 2021
Lloyd is a novice adventurer whose dream is to discover "true strength" in the capital he's always admired, despite growing up with neighbors who always considered him weak. The story starts with him departing from his hometown, which just so happens to be located right next to...one of the most dangerous dungeons in the world?! Lloyd may think of himself as powerless, but when he goes to the city that serves as the starter town for adventurers, the difference between him and everyone else couldn't be starker!
PV

Tenchi Souzou Design-bu
Asahi Production | Souichi Masui | Michiko Yokote | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2cM7VT8H_o| Manga | Jan 7, 2021
"In Heaven's Animal Design Department, designers create a variety of new animals daily while contending with the unreasonable requests of their client: God. This series answers questions such as, 'Why can’t unicorns exist?', 'What makes an animal taste delicious?', 'What’s the most powerful creature in the ocean?', and, 'Bird versus snake: who would win?'"
PV

:siren:Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2)
8bit | Atsushi Nakayama | Kazuyuki Fudeyasu | Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy | Light Novel | Jan 12, 2021
Second season of Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken.
PV
Thread

Tropical-Rouge! Precure
Toei Animation | Yutaka Tsuchida | Masahiro Yokotani | Action, Magic, Fantasy, Shoujo | Original | Feb 28, 2021
Manatsu Natsumi is a first year middle school student who alongside her family has moved to Aozora City from Minamino Island. She begins her new life there and her first semester in middle school until one day, she met with a strange person named Laura, a mermaid who had originated in a mystical place called Grand Ocean, the land of Mermaids. She has been searching for legendary warriors in her legends who can stand up against the Dark Witch from the bottom of the ocean that took over her nation, and that she lost her motivation to fight back after the takeover. But as one of the witch's minions has found Laura after her escape, Manatsu suddenly is blessed with the powers of the sea that allows to her to become Cure Summer, one of the legendary warriors foretold in the legends of the Grand Ocean. Manatsu is later joined by Sango Suzumura (Cure Coral), Minori Ichinose (Cure Papaya) and Asuka Takizawa (Cure Flamingo) to form the Tropical-Rouge Pretty Cure Team to fend off against the forces of the Dark Witch and restore the Grand Ocean back to its former splendor.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 2
Studio KAI | Kei Oikawa | Cygames | Slice of Life, Comedy, Sports | Game | Jan 5, 2021
Second season of Uma Musume: Pretty Derby.
PV

Urasekai Picnic (Otherside Picnic)
LIDENFILMS ; Felix Film | Takuya Satou | Takuya Satou | Sci-Fi, Adventure, Mystery, Fantasy, Shoujo Ai | Novel | Jan 4, 2021
Her first encounter with Toriko Nishina was on the Otherside after seeing "that thing" and nearly dying. Ever since that day, exhausted university student Sorawo Kamikoshi's life changed. In this Otherworld, full of mystery, which exists alongside our own, dangerous beings like the Kunekune and Hasshaku-sama that are spoken of in real ghost stories appear. For research, for profit, and to find an important person, Toriko and Sorao set foot into the abnormal.
PV
Thread

Vlad Love
Production I.G ; Drive | Mamoru Oshii ; Junji Nishimura | Mamoru Oshii | Comedy, Supernatural, Vampire, School | Original | Feb 14, 2021
Mitsugu Banba is a high school girl who finds meaning in donating blood. She frequently visits a blood bank to donate blood, despite being harshly treated by the nurse. One day, she encounters a beautiful girl who looks like she's from overseas at the blood bank. The pale girl looks like she's about to faint any minute, but then, she starts destroying the blood bank. The girl loses consciousness and Mitsugu takes her home...

WIXOSS Diva(A)Live
J.C. Staff | Masato Matsune | Tsuyashi Tamai | Game, Psychological, Music | Card Game | Jan 9, 2021
The story moves the "Wixoss" card game to the online virtual space of "Wixossland" as it continues to grow more popular. The game allows players to become the LRIG avatars themselves. The most popular format in the game is "Diva Battle," which allows three players to team up to compete against other units for the most "Selector" fans. Some units are idol-themed, while others are DJ- and band-themed.
PV

:siren:Wonder Egg Priority
CloverWorks | Shin Wakabayashi | Shinji Nojima | Slice of Life | Original | Jan 13, 2021
This is the story of Ai, an introverted girl whose fate is forever changed when she acquires a mysterious “Wonder Egg”from a deserted arcade. That night, her dreams blend into reality, and as other girls obtain their own Wonder Eggs, Ai discovers new friends—and the magic within herself.
Thread

World Trigger 2
Toei Animation | Morio Hatano | Hiroyuki Yoshino | Action, Sci-Fi, Supernatural, School, Shounen | Manga | Jan 10, 2021
Second season of World Trigger.
PV

Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season (The Promised Neverland 2nd Season)
CloverWorks | Mamoru Kanbe | Kaiu Shirai | Sci-Fi, Mystery, Psychological, Thriller, Shounen | Manga | Jan 8, 2021
Second season of Yakusoku no Neverland.
PV

:siren:Yuru Camp△ Season 2
C-Station | Yoshiaki Kyougoku | Jin Tanaka | Slice of Life, Comedy | Manga | Jan 7, 2021
Second season of Yuru Camp△.
PV
Thread

TV (Short)

Abciee Shuugyou Nikki
Fanworks | Ryousuke Aoike | ... | Comedy | Other | Jan 7, 2021
Anime based on Asahi Broadcasting Corporation's mascot "ABCiee"

Azur Lane: Bisoku Zenshin!
Yostar Pictures ; CANDY BOX | Masato Jinbo | Yuu Satou | Military, Sci-Fi, Slice of Life, Comedy | 4-koma manga | Jan 12, 2021
Animation of the Azur Lane 4-koma manga.
PV

Kintamani Dog
Kachidoki Studio | Takeshi Onaka | ... | Slice of Life | Original | Jan 14, 2021
The story centers on Kinta, a Kintamani Dog living in the Kintamani region of Bali, whose father suddenly disappears. He goes on a journey to find his father.

Okashi na Sabaku no Suna to Manu
Kachidoki Studio | Suzuna Takamura | Slice of Life | Manga | Feb 14, 2021

Otona no Bouguya-san 2nd Season
IMAGICA Lab. | Junichi Yamamoto | Junichi Yamamoto | Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy | 4-koma manga | Jan 2, 2021
Second season of Otona no Bouguya-san.
PV

World Witches Hasshin Shimasu!
Acca effe ; Giga Production | Fumio Itou | ... | Military, Comedy | Original | Jan 13, 2021
Countries all over the world formed an alliance to counter the emerging enemy of mankind "Neuroi," whom only girls with special powers could counter. However, the Neuroi never appeared. Instead of fighting, the witches spend their days idly. This time following not only unit 501, but also unit 502 known as "Brave Witches!" The 2nd volume of the comical daily drama of the witches who do not fight Neuroi begins!

Yami Shibai 8
ILCA | ... | Mitsuhiro Sasaki ; Hiromu Kumamoto ; Saki Kuniyoshi | Horror, Supernatural | Original | Jan 10, 2021
Eigth season of Yami Shibai.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki Sansatsume
Creators in Pack ; LEVELS | Hisayoshi Hirasawa | WORDS in STEREO | Slice of Life, Comedy, School, Shounen | 4-koma manga | Jan 10, 2021
Third season of Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki.
PV

Leftovers

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou - Thread
Inu to Neko Docchi mo Katteru to Mainichi Tanoshii
Jujutsu Kaisen - Thread
King's Raid: Ishi wo Tsugumono-tachi
Osomatsu-san 3

Movies

"Uchuu Senkan Yamato" to Iu Jidai: Seireki 2202-nen no Sentaku
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Eternal Movie 1
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Eternal Movie 2
Doraemon Movie 41: Nobita no Little Star Wars
:siren: Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time
:siren: Gintama: The Final
Girls & Panzer: Saishuushou Part 3
Healin' Good♡Precure Movie: Yume no Machi de Kyun! Tto GoGo! Dai Henshin!!
Natsume Yuujinchou: Ishi Okoshi to Ayashiki Raihousha
Princess Principal: Crown Handler 1
Seitokai Yakuindomo Movie 2
Shimajirou to Sora Tobu Fune
Tokyo 7th Sisters: Bokura wa Aozora ni Naru
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2205: Aratanaru Tabidachi

OVA/ONA/Specials

Dogeza de Tanondemita: Isekai-hen
Fanren Xiu Xian Chuan Special
:siren: Gintama: The Semi-Final
Planetarian: Snow Globe
Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai: Don't Stay Gold
Tenkuu Shinpan
Tian Guan Ci Fu Special
Wu Liuqi Zhi Xuanwu Guo Pian
Youjo Shachou
Zhang Jian Feng Yun

Julias fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Feb 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Thread archive
Winter 2020 | Spring 2020 | Summer 2020 | Fall 2020
Winter 2019 | Spring 2019 | Summer 2019 | Fall 2019
Winter 2018 | Spring 2018 | Summer 2018 | Fall 2018
Winter 2017 | Spring 2017 | Summer 2017| Fall 2017
Winter 2016 | Spring 2016 | Summer 2016 | Fall 2016
Winter 2015 | Spring 2015 | Summer 2015 | Fall 2015
Winter 2014 | Spring 2014 | Summer 2014 | Fall 2014
Winter 2013 | Spring 2013 | Summer 2013 | Fall 2013
Winter 2012 | Spring 2012 | Summer 2012 | Fall 2012
Winter 2011 | Spring 2011 | Summer 2011 | Fall 2011
Winter 2010 | Spring 2010 | Summer 2010 | Fall 2010
Winter 2009 | Spring 2009 | Summer 2009 | Fall 2009
Winter 2008 | Spring 2008 | Summer 2008 | Fall 2008
Winter 2007 | Spring 2007 | Summer 2007 | Fall 2007
Winter 2006 | Spring 2006 | Summer 2006 | Fall 2006
Winter 2005 | Spring 2005 | Summer 2005 | Fall 2005

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Reserved :colbert:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
GROUD FLOOR!

I guess I have to watch Cells at Work now, if it's getting two sequels/spinoffs in one season?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AlternateNu posted:

GROUD FLOOR!

I guess I have to watch Cells at Work now, if it's getting two sequels/spinoffs in one season?

Yes, yes you should :colbert:. The dub's also really well made, and they go as far as making a pretty good English rendition of the opening theme.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

ground floor

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yes, yes you should :colbert:. The dub's also really well made, and they go as far as making a pretty good English rendition of the opening theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w84O5S5Qyx0

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
aside from the dozens of sequels to shows i like, the ones i'm most excited / optimistic for this season are otherside picnic (lesbians with guns, see avatar) and wonderegg, which judging from the trailer is gonna have gorgeous production quality and probably make me tear up at some point

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
boy there's a lot of idol stuff this cour. I guess they all want to get out of the way before Franchouchou comes back into town.

The Code Geass(and Active Raid) Guy+The Gurren Lagann(and the Kill La Kill, and Kamen Rider Fourze, and Ninja Batman) Guy equals appointment viewing for me and Back Arrow

Will resume Promised Neverland, Dr. Stone and Hataraku Saibou, but because I am an edgy shitlord, I am more excited for Hataraku Saibou Black.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Whoa there's an Umamusume s2 coming out soon? Sweet.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

New WIXOSS? Hell yeah, I’ll be checking that one out. Not sure about the musical gimmick, but if the original series could put a dark drama/horror spin on card battles I’m willing to see what they do with idol shows.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I don't know if it's a Europe thing but half the PVs in the OP say "video has been removed" (and not "blocked in your country" like you'd expect).

Gonna check out Back Arrow and Hortensia Saga, and watch Urasekai Picnic and at least a couple more episodes of Vlad Love. There's nothing else I care about this season and AOTY 2021 (Thunderbolt Fantasy s03) doesn't air until Spring, which is hosed up.

Also that Kemono Jihen synopsis is absolutely terrible, that's just the summary of what will probably be the first episode. Don't go in expecting some sort of detective show, it's a horror/action show about a bunch of youkai teens (with a couple of adults) teaming up to fight evil youkai.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jan 3, 2021

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

That's a lot of sirens.

Definitely watching Re:Zero, Beastars, Log Horizon, Yuru Camp, and Slime.

Probably 3 episode tests of Neverland, Sk8, the Cells at Work duo, Ura Sekai Picnic, and I'm a Spider.

Then wait and see what if any of the rest is worth looking into. I'm a sucker for Isekai garbage, but between Slime, Re:Zero, Log Horizon, and Spider I am probably set.

I marathoned a rewatch of Log Horizon over the holidays. I have a feeling S3 is a monkeys paw, but S2 already kinda was.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

This is a good season for sequels, I'm counting eight sequels that I intend to watch (nine if you count Cells at Work Black separately), including some shows I'm extremely hype for, like Yuru Camp and Non Non Biyori.

On the other hand, there's not a lot that caught my eye in terms of new shows. Urasekai Picnic maybe, Wonderegg maybe, Vlad Love maybe?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Daedalus1134 posted:

That's a lot of sirens.

Definitely watching Re:Zero, Beastars, Log Horizon, Yuru Camp, and Slime.

Probably 3 episode tests of Neverland, Sk8, the Cells at Work duo, Ura Sekai Picnic, and I'm a Spider.

Then wait and see what if any of the rest is worth looking into. I'm a sucker for Isekai garbage, but between Slime, Re:Zero, Log Horizon, and Spider I am probably set.

I marathoned a rewatch of Log Horizon over the holidays. I have a feeling S3 is a monkeys paw, but S2 already kinda was.

Neverland and Cells are both sequels, so you can find out right now if they're any good :v:.

cave emperor posted:

On the other hand, there's not a lot in terms of non-sequels that caught my eye. Urasekai Picnic maybe, Wonderegg maybe, Vlad Love maybe?

I wouldn't be too fussed; COVID probably means banking on safe earners right now just to keep the income steady.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Vlad Love was a big disappointment but at least the final season of Attack on Titan has been killing it. Nothing else has caught my eye as something I'd wanna keep up with weekly but heck, considering how each subsequent season of Attack on Titan has been a huge step up from the last, having just one show that I really look forward to each week is a fine enough position to be in.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

OnimaruXLR posted:

boy there's a lot of idol stuff this cour. I guess they all want to get out of the way before Franchouchou comes back into town.

i find it interesting that gekidol is airing its spin off (alice in deadly school) at the same time (like dead cells is), wouldnt releasing them in subsequent seasons be a better way to try to maintain momentum / interest in the franchises?

im somewhat interested in gekidol because it looks like its gonna be pretty fuckin weird, but alice in deadly school feels a bit to samey to school live (which i am a big fan of)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

sirens have a shonen bias

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

in other news, the first anime of the year has already aired and finished, Youjou Schachou, and its a strong start

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

I don't know if it's a Europe thing but half the PVs in the OP say "video has been removed" (and not "blocked in your country" like you'd expect).

Funimation hates half of Europe apparently, yeah.

https://polsy.org.uk/stuff/ytrestrict.cgi?ytid=eM5V7vCQzYg&auth=sa202113

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i will be watching:

Non Non Biyori 3 - my favorite anime, obviously psyched to get more
Yuru Camp 2 - it's pretty good
Kemono Jihen - dunno much about this other than that it's a shonen but people seem to like the manga so i'll give it a try
Back Arrow - it's a 2-cour mecha anime with some names on it, hopefully that means there's some confidence behind it

will also keep an eye on Wonder Egg Priority which doesn't immediately appeal without knowing the hook, which they seem to be hiding

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Davincie posted:

sirens have a shonen bias

:siren: World Witches Hasshin Shimasu!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I'm pretty much just here for the comfy-off between Yurucamp and Non Non Biyori

Which will be comfiest

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The first episode of Skate-Leading Stars aired early and Taniguchi’s Code Geass touch definitely shows. It opens with our 11 year old protagonist on the rink in a figure skating competition while the color commentary announces his family all tragically died two months ago. He loses to the favorite of the competition and tries to offer a friendly congrats, but he gets told to gently caress off forever and quit. It’s a mile a minute soap opera that doesn’t let up for the whole episode, and I’m very excited to see more.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Strange Quark posted:

It opens with our 11 year old protagonist on the rink in a figure skating competition while the color commentary announces his family all tragically died two months ago.

Wow gently caress them. I hope they got fired.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Groundo Flooru

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Julias posted:

I guess this would be a bad time to admit I found that extremely funny

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNWJ7CNK8TI

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Julias posted:

I se you arent familiar with one of the worlds most vicious and abusive sports; figure skating.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ground floor?

Anyway, Yurucamp S2 is the sequel to an outstanding Iyashkei piece with basically identical staff, so it almost can't not be great. Similar story with Non Non Biyori Nonstop. But those two sure bets aside, I'm most excited for Otherside Picnic. I'm a fan of the novels, which are probably best described as yuri horror thrillers, and that's not a genre mix I've seen very often in anime so I'm excited to see it brought to life here. Won't be the easiest material to adapt - and last season's disastrous attempt at Wandering Witch has taught me not to simply assume that that poo poo will work itself out - but director Takuya Satou's done great work on Fragtime, Kase-san, and Steins;Gate and demonstrated basically the precise skillset I'd want at the helm here, and the character designer/chief animation director Ayumi Nishihata seems cool too, so hopefully this one comes out a winner.

Other than that, the season's still got a lot of stuff I'm interested in, ranging from material that could compete for AOTS if all goes well like The Promised Neverland Season 2 or Wonder Egg Priority to fun popcorn material like both Cells At Work shows and So I'm A Spider, So What. Hopeful for this to be the best overall season of anime I've seen in a long time.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 3, 2021

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I don't know if I actually want to watch Cells at Work Black. The manga is one of the most horrifying things I've ever read.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Aside from continuing Re:Zero and Attack on Titan, the only new show I'm definitely going to check out is Urasekai Picnic. Binged the manga adaptation a week ago and I'm hooked on the dynamic between the lead characters and the blend of psychological/sci-fi/supernatural horror they experience. Hope the anime's good.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

StandardVC10 posted:

Which will be comfiest
Non Non Biyori. Yurucamp will be better because Solid Snake is narrating and you cannot go wrong with solid snake narrating.

Also ground floor.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

StandardVC10 posted:

Which will be comfiest

Me hopefully.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Horimiya and Kemono Jihen are the main things I'm watching this season, plus catching up on JJK.

I watched the first episode of Skate Leading whatever, the animation looked good but idk if there's enough going on there to hold my attention.

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

drat, there's a lot of stuff this season that looks great. I will definitely watch Attack on Titan S4 and Re:Zero S2, and will probably follow up Non Non Biyori and Yurucamp even if I'm not really a slice-of-life guy. Yurucamp's first soundtrack was incredible, it's probably worth watching for that alone. I enjoyed the first season of Promised Neverland, but I've heard conflicting things about the way the manga went (but whatever, I'll probably just watch it anyways).

There are a ton of other things that look interesting though, and I'll give them the 1-episode try. I think I'll stay in the dark for the first few weeks and try to gauge them myself before I bias myself with everyone's opinions.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
im so ready for more yurucamp and im also so ready for snk to finally end so people stop talking about it. so this season will be good

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
On my will watch list:
Yuru Camp S2
Non Non Biyori S3
Heaven's Design Team (Tenchi Souzou Design-bu)
I'm a Spider, so What? (Kumo-desu ga, nani ka?)
Hataraku Saibou S2
Horimiya
Log Horizon S3

On my Maybe list:
Tatoeba Last Dungeon
Hataraku Saibou BLACK

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

im so ready for more yurucamp and im also so ready for snk to finally end so people stop talking about it. so this season will be good

Yeah that always happens with popular shows that finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Man I am going to be watching a lot of anime this season. Pretty much all the sequels except for like one or two I'm not caught up on (like Non Non Biyori), the spider anime, Urasekai Picnic, maybe Kemono Jihen and Heaven's Design Team, those both look good.

No idol anime though, too much idol anime.