Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

there's one like this where it's two dudes who break down in the desert... and then at night all the ghosts of ancient fish and weird bugs or whatever swim through the canyons... and then the one guy doesn't notice all the ghosts are hiding for some reason but it's too late, he was entranced away from the safety of the car. Shoulda just hunkered down with your bro.

Which was remade beautifully as an episode of Love Death Robots on Netflix.

They really knocked it out of the park with that one and Zima Blue, and most of the others too. (I really didn't care for the werewolves in the military and the old Russian army dudes against demonic bugs ones though.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I think they do a lot of parody ads on how the aussie government specifically and big corporations generally are loving over the world.

I have no idea what that meme means though

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

If it weren't for the poppies (that's a UK veteran thing right?) it could've easily been a US thing, except the US version would include more guns probably.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

oh man I've never heard of Mr Show before but this was incredible holy poo poo

I'm always kinda jealous when I see people discover something awesome for the first time. You have many laughs ahead of you.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

That's one way of telling someone to just google it, I guess.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I did not expect to see oozing dragon dildos after clicking on that tweet.

E:
Also didn't expect the rest or the series to be about the benefits of healthy sleep.

Taeke has issued a correction as of 23:28 on May 19, 2021

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Literally making up a person to mourn. Now that's virtue signalling.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

RustyKnight posted:

we don't even have fancy meth here, just methylphenidate that is actually pretty bad with some, me included. I get angry as gently caress for no reason but alas this is the only thing that makes me actually do stuff

I had that with ritalin, also crazy loving dreams and the ups and downs throughout the day were messing me up. Also really hard to stick to a schedule.

I switched to concerta, which is the same thing only slow release, and it made all the difference. Just pop a pill as I wake up and I don't have to think about it anymore. No more mood swings, crazy dreams, ups and downs, that rush when it kicks in or the crash when it's time for my next pill. Just a steady supply of extra focus and energy I need throughout the day. Also I don't need caffeine anymore. (In fact, coffee messes me up now if I drink it when I'm on my meds.)

E: the biggest downside is that if I had a bad night's sleep it's pretty much impossible to take a nap during the day if I had my meds.

Taeke has issued a correction as of 14:56 on Jul 20, 2021

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

In a thread where we regularly get posts like that Owen one where somone, in a single tweet, not only denies the seriousness of a deadly pandemic despite there being ample proof, as well as a free and safe vaccine to combat it, but also somehow simultaneously praising the loving Taliban, and this isn't just a one off random crazy person but instead a media personality with actual influence, and it's just par for the course at this point, someone roleplaying as a goblin because they think it's cute or whatever doesn't really register as noteworthy let alone something to have any feelings about.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the gerblin weird has over three quarters of a million followers on tiktok

So...?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Here's this thing scientifically designed to be the most enjoyable and exciting to the largest part of the population possible, with unthinkable investments of time, money and talent. Like literally just we just threw all the money at it and had the best available people working on it to make it the most entertaining product possible in this day and age.

Now here's this random person that thinks you're an idiot for being entertained by that.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

crepeface posted:

u are describing twinkies

I'm describing like every product produced in a capitalist system, except most are more limited in terms of resources invested.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

The exact kind of poster 16 year old me would've loved to buy but couldn't because he'd spend that money on weed instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Wait you guys don't have bolognese flavoured crisps in the US? Here in the Netherlands it's a standard on the same level as paprika or plain salted (naturel) and I can confirm it's loving delicious.

Then again, it's hard to find salt and vinegar crisps here which sucks.