Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

They can't hit anything tho because of all the binary everywhere in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

SniperWoreConverse posted:

man, cyberpsychosis is gonna suck and not even be metal as gently caress

No, but it will be metalloid as gently caress :itisasiliconjoke:

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

:hmmyes:

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

thinkin about minecraft

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

https://twitter.com/LangworthyUS9th/status/1347024137928265728

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Lobok posted:

I feel like "we didn't want to risk it" is going to be a theme over the next four years.

"We didn't want to risk it" said Democratic lawmakers when they were asked why they didn't arrest Trump as they await execution by firing squad after his election win in 2024.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Can't wait for them to take the money and run

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Trump hires Everdraed to make a cool video of him arresting Joe Biden.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

What's the reference? I don't understand understand understand understand understand understand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton%27s_laws_of_motion#Newton%27s_third_law

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Turns out it wasn't OurPillow.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/QTpvfpM.gifv

Av size.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Bedshaped posted:

what does this map depict? wrong (or right) answers only

Places Trump isn't banned from.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Bedshaped posted:

what does this map depict? wrong (or right) answers only

Places better than America

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Flags incorporating other flags you say?

Bourbon dynasty naval ensign incorporating the flags of their constituent countries, surrounded by some dumb royal bullshit.

Jabberlock has issued a correction as of 19:39 on Jan 26, 2021

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Related, the banner of arms of King Alfonso XIII

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

They're making it too easy

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah holy poo poo is has America become militaristic compared to almost anywhere else.

Most third-world countries become that way, yeah.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Iran just wants to make sure they got the bombs just right

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Gripweed posted:

There's this movie where the first scene the main character is homeless, trying to sleep in a park, but a cop comes along and kicks him out. The main character becomes rich over the course of the movie and in the last scene he tries to sleep in a park and when a cop comes to hassle him he just gives the cop 100 bucks, the cop leaves, and he goes to sleep.

That's all they're saying. If you're homeless, just get rich so you can sleep on any bench you want.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

pentyne posted:

Wave US Cocktail

Ocean Flag Drink

Surf America Booze

wtf do those emojis mean?

As America is consumed by the floods of God's wrath, I'll be sitting back and watching the show with a mimosa.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

I'll stick with my current walrus body, thanks

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

im simpin for dolly

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Volcott posted:

I do not understand the building pics.

Everything is politics, hth

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

tmfc posted:

i mean i just assume people who do this sort of thing are probably on the spectrum to some extent and highways/city planning/trains/etc. + sandbox videogames are their "thing." like people who recreate city blocks in minecraft etc.

seems harmless, if a bit quirky or boring (why not make something unique? blah blah). but i get it I guess.

taintrunner will see a problem if he can even tenuously tie it to capitalism

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Reminds me of this Dorthea Lange photo of a migrant mother where she said she would send her copies of the photo and promised not to sell the photos. She did anyway, got famous from them, and never sent the photos because she didn't even ask the mother's name.

Jabberlock has issued a correction as of 00:29 on Feb 15, 2021

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

If I have a point, it's that there should be a consideration for the fact that you're taking a photo of a real-life person. Using "artistry" and "I'm poor too!" isn't an excuse if you can potentially profit from it, especially when coupled with a half-hearted "i'd send them a print...if I bothered to get their name" just makes it worse. Homeless people, any people really, aren't just a tool to show social critique when that's a potential mask from the fact that you might be getting something out of it. You might mean well, but just something to consider.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

samantonio posted:

I don't sell any of my photos.

No, but they're a potential tool of self-promotion, like here, in this thread. Even if you think they're just for yourself

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

ArmZ posted:

she took it while working for the farm security administration so it was public domain

true, but it gave Lange a lot of fame at the expense of someone who was suffering. food was sent to the area in response to the photo, but the mother had already left the area by then

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

samantonio posted:

So we're clear, he stopped me as I was walking the streets taking photos and asked me to take a photo of him. I have now posted that photo to a message board bringing out intellectual discussion of homelessness, art, egoism, topicality, etc and I'm now exploiting him?

I misread it as you asking him if you could take a photo of him, not the other way around, so that's my bad.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

guidoanselmi posted:

Random street photos from a few different places to spite photo haters whose blood pressure rises as they scroll past forgettable content on a dead comedy forum.

LA Skid Row - 2008

Pasadena, CA - 2008

New Delhi - 2009

Kashmir - 2009

Kashmir - 2009

Kashmir - 2009

SF - early 2010s

Istanbul - 2013

Istanbul - 2013

Ho Chi Minh City - 2018

Ho Chi Minh City - 2018

Ho Chi Minh City - 2018

Where street photos are concerned, nothing beat sitting in the back of a motorbike shooting with a fast prime as my friend drove around HCMC.

Hope you obtained consent forms for all the people you photographed!!

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Nobody really understands how politics works so really its just another form of magic

Everything is politics magic

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Sugma (male) balls

Oh wait

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

fuckin spot on

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

also it's obviously pretentious to claim that you're "not part of society" while critiquing art for a major paper

though maybe that's just shorthand for "not a functional person"

The kind of person who people want to criticize aspects of society are definitely those who refuse to be a normal part of it. Although, pretentious New York art shows aren't really the sort of thing the average functioning person experiences so it's just as well.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

A Russian troll farm posted:

That's fair. If you think no one should ever be bombed, then you're also against the blowing up of lord mountbatten, for instance

The TV show about the british people made it look like a bad thing so of course they're against it now

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

JesusFists posted:

Samantonio is my friend: I invited him here, he's not a rereg. Have been friends with him since high school, but we'd fallen out of touch and I suggested SA to him in general, C-SPAM in particular a few months back as we were reconnecting. I don't really post much in C-SPAM (or SA) except for in the PredictIt thread, but I thought he'd find the wry wit of this place entertaining.

He can stick up for himself, but I just wanted to clarify that he actually is the one new SA user in 3-4 years, so maybe cut him a little slack? Or not - it's not really my playhouse. But he's got a unique perspective that could serve as a cool springboard for discussion if mods aren't too busy labeling him as a gimmick and slapping day-long probates on him.

I'm sure you both mean well but neither of you are going to change the culture of how people act in this place. Based on his track record after only a month, I don't think he's going to last, at least if he keeps posting. I suggest lurking more.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Will people choose to be trillionaires instead of quadrillionaires? Nay, they will simply perish rather than face that cruel injustice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Hey, have you noticed how many white people are involved in the highest levels of government and the media industry? Makes u think