Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

carry on then posted:

damnit, gave myself what seems like a good match for mild golfer's (lmao) elbow. i know rest is important but i was really consistent up to now and this feels like it destroyed all of it. ugh.

I hate to say it but I got a bad twinge of Golfers Elbow a few weeks before lockdown started March 2020, 'rest it' they said. I have done p. much zero exercise since then and its still 80% as bad as it was.

Lucky thing is (for me at least) it only pains me when I do curls, that one single ROM. Anything else, fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

tfw u decide you need to start a Fish Oil / Chondroitin daily supplement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YllvyM1XCAA

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

KoRMaK posted:

my hammies are blasted oof ouch

Moan Over My Hammies (1941)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Was doing some 45degree bench dumbell presses yesterday, I got distracted in the middle of set 4 and the left drifted backwards past arms vertical, had to struggle to get it back upright and ouch my shoulder is complaining today. Concentration!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Yeah the weight loss is an uphill struggle the older you get. 2019 pre-lockdown I'd got down to 217lbs at 6ft3, trimmest I'd looked in ages - lots of jogger/skier/rower machines at the gym. Then two years of not moving from my chair at home basically and up to 260lbs.

Hit the gym again June last year and did a bunch of weights (and very little cardio tbh) and I'm now sitting at 230lbs and absolutely stuck there. Like Dijk here^^ I reckon I've put a good amount of muscle on that I didn't have pre-lockdown fitness, but still I have a half-inch layer of fat on the chest and stomach and especially the 'above the hips / lower back chunk region' that is proving impossible to shift.

I know if I hit the treadmill and rower again as well as the weights I could probably move the needle a bit, but just keeping up with two or three 80min sessions a week of lifting is all my willpower.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I got on the hack squat machine today, put a twenty on each side and started my first set, absolutely breezed through it - huh maybe sleeping and eating better are paying off - second set, easy as can be. Get off to get a sip of water, notice someone has left the huge thick resistance rubber band tied round the back of the machine and looped over the shoulder rests. Ah, I'll just unwrap that then. Set three and no I have not suddenly made a huge improvement.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

akadajet posted:

make huge jumps with weight on your back

CrossFit for lyfe :cool:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Weighed myself for the first time in ages on September 1st as I felt I'd drifted up somewhat, and I wasn't wrong, nearly 6 kilos extra on. Decided to do a lean week: no snacks, no between-meals, no sodas (even diet), no beer, at least considering the healthiness of meals for once... Today's weigh in eight days later: 110kg down to 108kg , if I can keep that sort of drop-off up while sustaining my regular gym sessions and not feeling weakened by the restricted food input I'll be very happy. See how things go by the end of September.

I'd like to get down to 95-98kg ish in the end, for a 6ft2 / 188cm bloke that seems doable. I've been there before before lockdown, but I was doing a lot more cardio / floor workouts and a lot less weights so I was slimmer but not nearly as bulked in the arms / chest / back / legs as I am today.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I tell you it's fun to hit the gym and noticeably build my shoulders and back while trimming my waist, but drat I'm running into the limits of what an XL jacket / tee can do for me now. Granted stuff fits much better than it used to now I'm more a trapezoid shape in the correct direction, but any bigger and it'll be XXL time which a lot of the clothing brands I like just don't do.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Share Bear posted:

and pants are a nightmare if you got thicc doing squats too

lol some trousers I bought that fit nicely a few months back I put on and they were somewhat tighter, 'drat have I put weight on my gut again!?' - nope, the Glute Lift machine has added some extra Cake and that's filling out my pants :o:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

oof; usually on 'legs and middle' day I use the 'rotary torso' machine second in my circuit as a warm-up and the 'back extension' stretcher machine last, there's about 45mins between them. Yesterday was busy in the gym and I had to grab machines as and when they were free, ended up with these two (ahem) back-to-back, and after a couple sets of the extender I got a big broad twinge across my whole lower back.

I was properly hobbling and bent with it, any time I'd stop and sit it would tense up, and only loosen up again after ten minutes of aching walking.

Slept with a hot water bottle on my back last night and it feels better than it did, but I think it'll be haunting me a few days yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Good going, Lance - you got a little extra at the waist on me but otherwise looking pretty much the same shape / weight / BMI. Keep it up.

I felt that I was coasting a little with my workouts the last month or so, so last week I stepped up an extra plate on each of the cable machines I use, and yeah that's brought things back into the realm of 'Actual Effort', wasn't getting a'pump' before but now I am. I'm going to to try and not get complacent once this new weight gets to be as easy as the last step and keep pushing myself. I was worried about mounting up the 28kilo dumbbells for my 45degree bench presses up from the 26s without dropping / stalling them, and then it turned out actually that was pretty easy, I might challenge myself to the 30s next time :madmax:

drat if I didn't get some warning 'pre-cramp' twinges from my biceps when in the shower afterwards and lifting my arms up to wash my hair, will have to watch out for that.