Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

ADINSX posted:

I find that motivating myself to exercise more is easier than changing my diet. Food is all around us all the time, so being vigilant about eating well is a 24 hour thing, while I only have to convince myself once a day to get up and go do something. Even if I'm having a bad day jogging or at the gym, I tell myself anything is better than nothing, if I only make it a mile out and have to walk back, then I've jogged a mile and walked a mile.

I've never really struggled with my weight so I don't wanna misrepresent myself (though I am getting into my late 30s and have a bit of a gut), just some encouragement that even a walk is something, and to not feel too bad about backsliding.

yea, keep going, my only suggestion as a former non-overweight guthaver is try to push yourself a little bit out of your comfort zone each time, you’ll likely surprise yourself and that’s where the real satisfying improvement and gut-slaying lies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

ran 19.5km last night. ready for my half marathon

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I like to go for a run or bike ride outside

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Achmed Jones posted:

weight: 199.2

:nice:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

oh yea, speaking of numbers that you want to be small, my 1/2 marathon time was 1:33:08 including two piss breaks :sanix:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

if I had a 40 inch waist I would look like Weird Al in the music video with the fat suit