Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
i think i’ll buy some appropriate clothes and resume cycling before spring. not like snow is more than a distant memory now :smith:

it’s really hard to outexercise a garbage diet so i look forward to still slowly inflating over the course of the year.
i managed to lose 30 kg after high school and now after getting my first desk job and graduating university i’ve regained over 10 kg and well on track to gain more.
none of the clothes i used to wear fit me, so i just wear sweatpants and plain tees all day, every day. at least it doesn’t matter how i dress because i only leave to get groceries.
i tried counting calories but what difference does it make that i know how much i went over my limit every day if i’m unable to stop overeating? something flipped in me because i used to be able to actually restrict myself somewhat.
this is more e/n and diet than exercise but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
i went out and rode my bike for the first time since november and it was p deece though i'm much weaker now and i became even more of a fat gently caress over christmas so now i've gotta lose that :smith:
might look into doing some yoga at home but i'm a bit afraid of loving myself up without a teacher present.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo

mediaphage posted:

read about your bmi, your bmr (how many calories you burn doing nothing, say), figure out how many calories you need to support the activity level you do at your goal weight, and start modifying your diet to fit. if you're actively doing intense cardio or if you're lifting weights, a good protein target to shoot for is about 1.5g per kilo of weight (if you're significantly overweight, however, this will probably be unnecessarily high).

get a kitchen scale, weigh everything you eat, and log it in something like cronometer or a similar tracking app

quoted for truth
calorie counting was the only thing that worked for me personally when i first really tried to fix my nutrition. and really do weigh everything you eat, it' s a bother at first but you get used to it. it helped me lose 30kg and get the closest to a healthy weight i'd ever been. i regained over 10 kg after getting an office job though :v:
finally got fed up with myself and decided to start counting again this week.