Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i drank a lot of booze this summer and it started to show. the constant heat waves made it very easy to drink beer after work or after the kids went to bed, almost every day.

i stopped putting sugar in my coffees and stopped drinking alcohol at home (which is 95% of the time i drank alcohol)

i also got an exercise bike and stuck it in the middle of my living room so its an ever present reminder/nag that i should stop being a lazy rear end

i find it's easy to do 15-30 minutes on the bike here or there while watching a youtube when i otherwise would have done zero exercise

resisting snacks especially before bed is the hardest part for me. the only thing that works is to simply not buy them

i don't do any kind of calorie counting or weight tracking, rather just notice clothes getting looser.

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

post hole digger posted:

45 minutes in heart rate zone 2.

edit: optimally 3-4 times a week if you have the time and energy for it.

got myself a stationary bike maybe a month ago but haven’t committed to any kind of schedule. think I’m gonna aim for this basically. Just did my first 45 mins sustained in zone 2, feels good man

almost tricked my brain that it was fun

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I’ve never been able to stick to any cardio routine. I recently tried doing 45 mins on the stationary bike 3 days a week, but it’s just so boring I think. drat adhd

when I used to see a trainer years ago I actually enjoyed the strength building part of it. Thinking of getting a cheap squat rack and bench off kijiji and try the 5x5 thing.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

yeah I much prefer walks or hikes especially when I can bring my camera and get some cool photos. the exercise is like a bonus

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I bought a squat rack today

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

LanceHunter posted:

:nice:

Are you going with arms or bars/pipes for safety?

It has arms - is one better or worse? I used to see a trainer at the gym and the equipment there all had arms, and my trainer would obviously spot me. That said I don't intend to be lifting anywhere near the rated capacity any time soon

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

did my first 5x5 workout today. used the app from stronglifts.com to recommend starting weights and chose the beginner level since it’s been a while.

started at 110 lb squats and it wasn’t too bad at all but def broke a sweat

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 26, 2023

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Share Bear posted:

also excellent

ADINSX posted:

Hell yeah, you’ll probably get super sore in a day or two but don’t let it discourage you, it won’t happen every time

LanceHunter posted:

Hell yeah. Hope it's the first sweat of many!

echinopsis posted:

stronglifts is good poo poo

ty everyone

i kinda like the feeling of DOMS because my dumb rear end needs a constant physical reminder that I am making progress and not to gently caress up

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I have been relatively consistent with my 5x5 workouts the past couple weeks, except for a couple days around my birthday. I find it's much easier to do my workouts at lunch when I am WFH. My biggest problem continues to be not eating a ton of snacks at night :sigh: i fuckin love salty carbs

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I did keto for a few months once and it absolutely worked for quick and probably unhealthy weight loss but I love carbs and especially booze way too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

had kind of a poo poo weekend and a poo poo start to this week and I have fallen off my workout schedule. hate when this happens because it's so easy to just stop. hoping to pick it back up