Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i've gotten pretty unfit after falling off the wagon during a long bout of depression. walking the dog hasn't been enough impact to do much. i've been running since the fall a few times a week but we got a concept 2 for christmas.

i always liked rowing more than running or cycling. got a good heart rate monitor and looking forward to getting some actual aerobic capacity and my resting heart rate back down to something healthy.

should probably do some sort of lifting too i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
best boxing gym in seattle is amc pankration in kirkland. matt hume's gym. if the punching action didn't give me tendonitis i'd definitely still be there.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

ADINSX posted:

went for a ~3 mile jog in the freezing rain because its Seattle and that's what you do and now is a relatively nice sunny afternoon :rant:

absolute same in all respects wow except tuesday and it was ok in the morning and lovely later. rip. did the same run today at 45s/mi faster pace :sun:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i've been running since october i wanna say. i had forgotten how nice it is to see gains in something. i've never done it with much seriousness before. yesterday i went a bit farther than usual and despite that killed my pb pace going from 9:29/mi to 9:15. feels great!