Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Paradoxish posted:

lol are you talking about stop & shop

Yeah, i hated going in there. Bleak vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

thalweg posted:

Yeah, they're weirdly miserable stores and those robots are legitimately creepy. Pretty sure they also do some kind of inventory check.

When they showed up I was convinced they'd be gone in a year, but they seem strangely committed to them.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
can’t speak to other locales, but I’m rather fond of Mitsuwa/Marukai in SoCal and Uwajimaya in PNW

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

I am pretty shocked at how seamless the curbside pickup experience is for my Kroger store. I would not have pegged them as able to implement a pretty good web interface that works well most of the time and it being entirely free is also somewhat shocking. I sincerely hope the experience for the worker at the other end isn’t too awful (it probably is).

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

all grocery stores are bad. all of them.

the entire system is rotten; there is nothing good about it.

every single element of a grocery store is abjectly terrible.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

i am harry posted:

the entire system is rotten; there is nothing good about it.

every single element of a grocery store is abjectly terrible.

i like grocery stores

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

I know nothing about Kroger, but I have a friend who's worked in the curbside pickup department for a regional grocery chain here for years and she says it's basically the best place to work in the store. Pay is better, too.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

walmart makes me want to die

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Paradoxish posted:

I know nothing about Kroger, but I have a friend who's worked in the curbside pickup department for a regional grocery chain here for years and she says it's basically the best place to work in the store. Pay is better, too.

krogers pretty bad in every respect except for maybe them not being super depressing to be inside, at least when it comes to fred meyer

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

i am harry posted:

anime was right posted:

i like grocery stores

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

ALL Food should be delivered via pneumatic tube.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah I think it's a matter of figuring out who uses gig workers for the picking vs who just uses instacarts platform vs who does it all in house

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
grocery stores are fun bc its just nice to see a new thing and maybe try it. its fun to look at stuff and judge on which completely similar thing to buy even if it makes no huge difference. its bread AND circuses, all in one!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

meanolmrcloud posted:

I am pretty shocked at how seamless the curbside pickup experience is for my Kroger store. I would not have pegged them as able to implement a pretty good web interface that works well most of the time and it being entirely free is also somewhat shocking. I sincerely hope the experience for the worker at the other end isn’t too awful (it probably is).

I've found that the kroger-run stores here have by far the best curbside pickup too, which is unfortunate because they suck in every other respect

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I like to browse at the grocery store for ideas, I can't think of anything when I order online, end up with the most basic things

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

anime was right posted:

grocery stores are fun bc its just nice to see a new thing and maybe try it. its fun to look at stuff and judge on which completely similar thing to buy even if it makes no huge difference. its bread AND circuses, all in one!

hell yeah op

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

There should be only one peanut butter.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

isn't it actually a pretty well-known thing that trader joe's gets people to spend more by having less variety available for any individual product category

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

KirbyKhan posted:

Trader Joe's is my go-to for white people food, like multi-syllabic cheeses, fruit jams, vegitable preserves, and human grade dog treats.

When it comes to grocery, the korean H Mart has been my gold standard. They got a lil old lady at the front who puts gloves on your hand when you enter the store. High quality experience.

What single syllable cheese is there except for chevre I guess?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

anime was right posted:

it's not that this is part of the inherent awfulness of a grocery store, it's that every foundational support to give this experience to you is currently morally wrong.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Parm

Ched

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

whiz

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Salvor_Hardin posted:

mine

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Gruyère can be a single syllable

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

i am harry posted:

it's not that this is part of the inherent awfulness of a grocery store, it's that every foundational support to give this experience to you is currently morally wrong.

this is not a unique phenomenon to grocery stores!

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Brie?

Swiss?

Head?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Flunky posted:

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

10/10

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/FinanzLinksCom/status/1350097292636819460?s=19

https://twitter.com/AlgoTrdr/status/1350165055816560641?s=19

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Not sure if it's nationwide or not, but all the Krogers stores around here are union stores, so that's something I guess

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
yeah almost every major chain has a union in most stores, it's a weak rear end union but at least it's something

imo if Amazon holds the current union push off, they may end up regretting it if like the longshoreman or teamsters get involved. Those unions don't gently caress around

anyways I love grocery stores, I like the choice and variety and thinking about what delicious new things I could cook. Yes, I know the 50 different brands of beans is a relic of capitalism and no I don't care it tickles my brain pleasantly

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

oxsnard posted:

Yes, I know the 50 different brands of beans is a relic of capitalism and no I don't care it tickles my brain pleasantly

what's important is whether or not you'll ever be able to eat beans in a theater ever again :smith:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

is that up or down or new

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Jel Shaker posted:

is that up or down or new
i can only assume down?
it was quietly swept under the rug and never mentioned at all during the $GME fiasco. my broker sent a notification email today about it

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nips. Itz. Balls.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Flunky posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5BZwrCpQIE

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

thalweg posted:

Marty is a god damned Treasure for the unionized employees of stop and shop, especially when googly eyes were installed on him

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

That looks like a fun, socially distanced activity.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

spacetoaster posted:

That looks like a fun, socially distanced activity.

Dueling back in the days where silk was mildly effective bullet protection sounds fun as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Duels but with Eagle Talon paintball guns.