Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Pyramid scheme: hype it enough to get new people on board so number keep going up

Crypto: hype it enough to get new people on board so number keep going up, also use 5% of the world's electricity for it somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

The Alpha Centauri posted:

I'm really going to need some stimulus money to get in on the 2nd meme wave

now that the cat is out of the bag, any stock that has > 100% shorts is in danger of being squeezed. There will be a lot more meme stocks in the next year.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DoomTrainPhD posted:

(Disclaimer: I sold everything at $.07)

Even if it is a meme coin, it’s 5 year record is impressively stable and has only consistently gone up. Not much, but whenever it has, there’s a huge spike and then it settles and is fairly stable.

since you made some money and are getting the shakes trying to explain the "long term record" of a literal joke coin I hope you please keep the thread updated on how the joke crypto works out for you.

If it goes to 25 cents next week somehow and you make $30,000 please tell us. If you chase the dragon into losing $20,000 also please tell us.

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin

Petey posted:

came here to post this; it's pretty exciting and somewhat out of the blue. regeneron got a bad rap for a goofy name and being associated with trump, but they're a Serious Biotech Company and this could be really significant

When I posted it there the COVID thread basically told me they'd gently caress my mother in her rear end as punishment for birthing such a filthy liar so they may be privy to additional information of which I have not been apprised. Beware.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Lol, just lmao if you don't put $10,000 into dogecoin this instant, you loving moron, you loving nocoiner chump

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Rectal Death Adept posted:

since you made some money and are getting the shakes trying to explain the "long term record" of a literal joke coin I hope you please keep the thread updated on how the joke crypto works out for you.

If it goes to 25 cents next week somehow and you make $30,000 please tell us. If you chase the dragon into losing $20,000 also please tell us.

can do! I have a limit buy of $1000 at .022, so if it tanks to there overnight I might have a story to tell!

As always: Never invest more than you want to lose.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

soup. posted:

When I posted it there the COVID thread basically told me they'd gently caress my mother in her rear end as punishment for birthing such a filthy liar so they may be privy to additional information of which I have not been apprised. Beware.

covid thread where? i didn't see it in the d&d one. it was just covered on twiv earlier today.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
ok i was just on CNBC money's radio market update heres a clip if you want to hear me speaking on behalf of CUM

https://soundcloud.com/user-954198402/im-not-old-im-rich-you-piece-of-poo poo

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The Big Short is now in the "Popular on Netflix" section, so the algorithm conned me into watching it again.

But now all I can think about is that this movie is way too optimistic.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

GME will be dissolved and Doomsday Economic Thread will become the Doobies Doghouse Economic Thread as everyone loses their money on something this dumb and hilarious.

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers

DoomTrainPhD posted:

(Disclaimer: I sold everything at $.07)

Even if it is a meme coin, it’s 5 year record is impressively stable and has only consistently gone up. Not much, but whenever it has, there’s a huge spike and then it settles and is fairly stable.

You know how you have to go to a salt flats desert before you can see the curvature of the earth?

Imagine the earth was shaped like a pyramid scheme.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
"I like this stock" seems to be how a lot of redditors are ending their posts

Is this some magic voodoo to protect themselves from the SEC?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
"TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY AND PUT IT ON DOGE!" I scream to no one on my car phone connected to nothing

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin

Petey posted:

covid thread where? i didn't see it in the d&d one. it was just covered on twiv earlier today.

The one I'm never posting in again.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

cumshitter posted:

ok i was just on CNBC money's radio market update heres a clip if you want to hear me speaking on behalf of CUM

Lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

yes.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Paradoxish posted:

"TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY AND PUT IT ON DOGE!" I scream to no one on my car phone connected to nothing

Imagining someone yelling into their car phone from the 1980s.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

kicks forts posted:

You know how you have to go to a salt flats desert before you can see the curvature of the earth?

Imagine the earth was shaped like a pyramid scheme.

Ah! but what if i am on top of that pyramid???

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers
Also the price is stable because nobody wants to buy ppls sell orders lmao

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

cumshitter posted:

nasal nerd old bitch

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Imagining someone yelling into their car phone from the 1980s.

I once owned a 2002 model year car that inexplicably had a car phone hook-up

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers
Champions of Dogecoin like the guy sitting on $300,000 of worthless Doge to keep the price stable

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Paradoxish posted:

name and shame

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
When you folks are talking about cashing out of crypto? Is there a way besides cocaine and hookers?

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers
Soup isn't lying about the Covid thread.

They said Petey didn't exist!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

HycoCam posted:

When you folks are talking about cashing out of crypto? Is there a way besides cocaine and hookers?

RH, bitfolio, drugs on tor

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

kicks forts posted:

Soup isn't lying about the Covid thread.

They said Petey didn't exist!

Petey is a figment of our collective imagination.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Paradoxish posted:

Car phones will make a comeback!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

kicks forts posted:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

lumpentroll posted:

nasal nerd old bitch

eat poo poo!

but also pay attention to me? what is this feeling?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
“lol you rube, you absolute idiot buying meme stocks and meme crypto” I say as the idiots continue to take home huge gains week after week.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

its a dig at cramer

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
while you bought dogecoins... i studied the spacs

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

kicks forts posted:

Good

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

DoomTrainPhD posted:

“lol you rube, you absolute idiot buying meme stocks and meme crypto” I say as the idiots continue to take home huge gains week after week.

theyre idiots if they dont realize the gains
]

animist
Aug 28, 2018

DoomTrainPhD posted:

-- guy smirking with racks and racks of tulip bulbs in his kitchen

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Justin Tyme posted:

Are you people getting sell orders fulfilled for dogecoin immediately? I cannot imagine someone making, like, $1mil in profit and being able to immediately find $1mil in new money to offload doge to

Like who the gently caress is out there that is willing to buy doge for 7 cents let alone enough people to buy loving one million dollars of it

so you're saying that i should dig my desktop out of storage that i used to mine doge for fun back in like 2013 and see if it's still there?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

DoomTrainPhD posted:

just keep continue making dogecoin sounds like a worthwhile investment and maybe you'll squeeze some dollars out of more dumbass twentysomethings to buy your worthless crypto lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

while you bought dogecoins... i studied the spacs

Im imagining you saying this to a redditor that goes by the name of gokuweedboner420 as he drives off in a Ferrari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lumpentroll posted:

nasal nerd old bitch

sounds like that character one of the guys plays on chapo. the new york fashion guy