Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What if Number isn't going up but dollar is going down and it just looks that way because everyone's desperately trying to convert dollar into number as fast as they can?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

NUMBER UP ATH HERE WE COME

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

super sweet best pal posted:

What if Number isn't going up but dollar is going down and it just looks that way because everyone's desperately trying to convert dollar into number as fast as they can?

But if all dollars have become number then there are less dollars, meaning each dollar would be worth more.

Dollars are UP. Number is UP.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

dollar down just means another number is up number is always in balance

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
lol the mom was right “take the half million instead of gambling. “
edit/
woops wrong thread. but gonna quote anyway since it’s relevant to number

Alan Smithee posted:

tangent but if you haven't seen this watch it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O13cjtMSiq4

$1 or $1 million

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/PriapusIQ/status/1389943965231812609?s=19

Add jobs report today was just meh

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
there were infomercials like 20 years ago where you would start your own trinket store. I’d see some of them in malls.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

Mr Hootington posted:

I'll be wrong, but tesla is going to get hosed up tomorrow.

Or rip 20% upwards.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1389643495632162816?s=19

If tesla explodes the ARKK explodes

lol that Chrysler's name was so toxic that they rebranded.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

dollar down just means another number is up number is always in balance

Just like the dao.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
woah NUMBER calm down buddy

got too excited and tripped

heh

gonna be ok tho....

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol that Chrysler's name was so toxic that they rebranded.

Until they start rebadging cars under that new name, it's still Chrysler to me.

Remember when they were owned by capital vultures like 15 years ago? Lol Cerberus.

Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Until they start rebadging cars under that new name, it's still Chrysler to me.

Remember when they were owned by capital vultures like 15 years ago? Lol Cerberus.

Chrysler has been complete garbage for longer than anyone on this forum has been alive, it's really impressive.

They were a forward looking innovative brand in the 30s and 40s and it's been all downhill since.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
rekt like a baby getting caught in a treadmill

https://twitter.com/laurenthomas/status/1389946008734511108?s=20

https://twitter.com/NorthmanTrader/status/1389947792836153344?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hmm the ceo apologized that was a major mistake

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Shageletic posted:

Wow...thats crazy...this world is terrible...all capitalism is exploitation...why dont you tell me the name of it....hahaha....as a joke...haah

I could only dream of making half of what you white boys make at the RacismMobileApp factory but I get verbally shat on itt for making barely 30+ on my brokerage and encouraging other peasants to do so

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Chrysler has been complete garbage for longer than anyone on this forum has been alive, it's really impressive.

They were a forward looking innovative brand in the 30s and 40s and it's been all downhill since.

You can see this in their electrical systems because they're pretty much the remaining company that uses in-line fusible links in their ignition circuitry anymore.

Nothing like spending two days trying to figure out why your battery won't hold a charge, only to find it's because of a part everyone else stopped using ages ago.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I had a dodge and it’s entire hvac system died almost immediately upon hitting 100k miles

it was impressive

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I had a friend with a dodge who kept saying it was a pretty good car while he was on his 3rd transmission and 2nd set of wheel bearings at 110k miles.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That's one dangerous clothing rack.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I bought a new Challenger in 2015 and it had to go back to the dealer for lots of interior rattles and stuff falling apart. the soft touch stuff started delaminating before it was 2 years old so it was sold before the warranty ended and that will be the last Mopar I own.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BigPaddy posted:

I bought a new Challenger in 2015 and it had to go back to the dealer for lots of interior rattles and stuff falling apart. the soft touch stuff started delaminating before it was 2 years old so it was sold before the warranty ended and that will be the last Mopar I own.

those are the “good” Chrysler years too lmao.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
turns out our treadmill perfectly engineered to flatten pomeranians is also dangerous to toddlers. Oops

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Iacocca had them back in the mix in the 80's briefly. Otherwise the only good brand they have is Jeep.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/05/entertainment/tiger-king-carole-baskin-crypto-coin/index.html

scat coin

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

TSLA... up?

Apr 7, 2003

BigPaddy posted:

I knew a guy who sold them new and he said that the training heavily emphasizes selling the 'sizzle' of the car and leaving the actual car out of it as much as possible. lol

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

I could only dream of making half of what you white boys make at the RacismMobileApp factory but I get verbally shat on itt for making barely 30+ on my brokerage and encouraging other peasants to do so

u can post about it here with impunity: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3965067

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

fundamentally though its loving wild in general how much more reliable and safe cars are now than 30 years ago, and its always funny to me as someone in automotive to see people bitching about certain things or brands when the americans caught waaay the gently caress up to the rest of the pack over the last few decades. ford laid me off though so gently caress em

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I knew a guy who sold them new and he said that the training heavily emphasizes selling the 'sizzle' of the car and leaving the actual car out of it as much as possible. lol

100%, it was great as theater. Long, low, wide, great sound, smokes tires in any gear. as a daily driver nope.

Apr 7, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

fundamentally though its loving wild in general how much more reliable and safe cars are now than 30 years ago, and its always funny to me as someone in automotive to see people bitching about certain things or brands when the americans caught waaay the gently caress up to the rest of the pack over the last few decades. ford laid me off though so gently caress em

Fords are pricy as gently caress now, all of them

I don't know who can afford that for what is essentially a basic-rear end car.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that’s an upper trim line with a “big” engine

I mean look at those rims

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

that’s an upper trim line with a “big” engine

I mean look at those rims

This is the cheapest one this dealership has

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

its extremely smart, as an automaker, to literally not have a introductory vehicle. Literally all of us at ford were losing our poo poo when the announcement was made that ford was leaving the sedan business. The fusion sells (sold) great and was a very popular car, so was the focus before the DPS6 transmission fiasco. young people do not buy 45K cars. You need something cheap and accessible to build a relationship with the driver, because if you succeed there, often people will literally swear by a carmaker for life. ford is so loving stupid its astounding.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Someone get me that CEO I have a proposition

dodgecoin

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

its extremely smart, as an automaker, to literally not have a introductory vehicle. Literally all of us at ford were losing our poo poo when the announcement was made that ford was leaving the sedan business. The fusion sells (sold) great and was a very popular car, so was the focus before the DPS6 transmission fiasco. young people do not buy 45K cars. You need something cheap and accessible to build a relationship with the driver, because if you succeed there, often people will literally swear by a carmaker for life. ford is so loving stupid its astounding.

My wife and I have between us, bought 4 new Fords. 3 of them were models that no longer exist, and we're really unlikely to ever end up going back to Ford.

Apr 7, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I bought a stripped down base model Subaru Outback in 2014 that was the most reliable automobile I've ever owned and made me a Subaru buyer for life.

Subaru is also a full range automaker, you can buy a $55K Outback or a $25K Outback and I gather most automakers don't do that anymore.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I want to start a car company that makes old ford ranger sized/styled trucks and bmw e30 styled sedans with forklift motors and 100 mi range batteries and zero touchscreens but I guess that's not what capitalism says the american car driver ought to have

If I still have my xj in like 20 yrs an EV conversion would be my dream project

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Subaru is also a full range automaker, you can buy a $55K Outback or a $25K Outback and I gather most automakers don't do that anymore.

You can buy a $30k F150 or a $85k F150, that's a full range. Mustangs and Camaros and such also range from $25k-$80k. Ford just stopped selling cheap cars, they still offer really expensive vehicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Justin Tyme posted:

I want to start a car company that makes old ford ranger sized/styled trucks and bmw e30 styled sedans with forklift motors and 100 mi range batteries and zero touchscreens but I guess that's not what capitalism says the american car driver ought to have

If I still have my cherokee in like 20 yrs an EV conversion would be my dream project

where do i pre-order