Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hold your bags, IMF director says.

https://twitter.com/business/status/1528817307933351938

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Are ya winning number?

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019
It's that time again. The elites from all over the world gather at the Rothenburg Fortress and wear their stupid rubber suits and masks. Don't you think it would be really funny if you went there and killed them all? Just hosed them up completely. Imagine their faces behind those masks if you gored their high priest right in front of them. Oh my god. You should really do it don't you think? I mean why not. It would really make your day. They're automatons. They have no souls. Think about it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

reads like a dril tweet

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

AI is a fairytale that wealthy people tell each other. Which would be funny if it didn't make them fantasize about liquidating those alienated by capitalism.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

bonelessdongs posted:

It's that time again. The elites from all over the world gather at the Rothenburg Fortress and wear their stupid rubber suits and masks. Don't you think it would be really funny if you went there and killed them all? Just hosed them up completely. Imagine their faces behind those masks if you gored their high priest right in front of them. Oh my god. You should really do it don't you think? I mean why not. It would really make your day. They're automatons. They have no souls. Think about it.

much 2 think about

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

we should keep a scoreboard of every time a leading contemporary intellectual rediscovers a concept that marx wrote about extensively 150 years ago, like harari here and the reserve army of labor

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

IMF is 💎🙌

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1528773023507132416?s=20&t=OH_jSE4lhi645t0Tvmclng

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

I wish!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I’m glad Sri Lankans are causing Brits to get owned. if it’s a working class Briton I’m also sorry that happened.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol
https://twitter.com/BloombergAsia/status/1528829545482178560?t=NqPiosVJM5LK6hX3MfBpxA&s=19

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

I’m glad Sri Lankans are causing Brits to get owned. if it’s a working class Briton I’m also sorry that happened.

maybe I'm misunderstanding but I read that as "we are declining your admittance because you're from Sri Lanka and since other Sri Lankan students can't pay, we don't want you to not pay us either, so get hosed. maybe next time, eh?"

otherwise I'd be very curious to learn why that letter references Sri Lanka for admittance to a UK uni

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

That's a Sri Lankan getting chucked from a UK university

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

fun fact this is the university that prince andrew was the president of

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

ah, reverse up

number fundamentals still strong

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
As a university, we have a responsibility to get loving paid. Now that your country has had all the juice squeezed out we're putting you on the backburner, but feel free to check in next year if there's some sort of miraculous turnaround.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

lol that's so british

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Chad Sexington posted:

AI is a fairytale that wealthy people tell each other. Which would be funny if it didn't make them fantasize about liquidating those alienated by capitalism.

that's okay

ai doesn't need to be perfect to replace a large swath of the workforce

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what's the point of having a colony if you aren't making money off it

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Vox Nihili posted:

That's a Sri Lankan getting chucked from a UK university

Oh. I thought a British university cancelled classes because the majority of the students were from there. most students in my computer touching program were from India so that sounded sensible to me to pause the program if most students couldn’t come.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lol why is the IMF pushing crypto

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/DoombergT/status/1528833548634972160?t=LFdq71dM1ViYsI2_d4Qm1Q&s=19

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol :):(:)

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

LOL of course, right on schedule!

This happens every loving year around this time, refinery shuts down due to fire, safety issue etc. It’s a loving scam.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

the free market

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Fly Molo posted:

it’s called the age of fire and it’s powered by feeding millions of poor people into the first flame

ive been SAYING that dark souls is a buddhocommunist critique of western liberalism but nobody believes me

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Rutibex posted:

Lol why is the IMF pushing crypto

Probably has something to do with a lot of big institutions dipping their toes in. Some major banks and tech companies are probably underwater on their shitcoin investments and hoping for a bounce.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

animist posted:

ive been SAYING that dark souls is a buddhocommunist critique of western liberalism but nobody believes me

if anything it's too on the nose; gets it so right that there's an extremely deranged contingent of players who go through the entire thing and still think linking the fires is the right thing to do

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

animist posted:

so the snake head thing that tells you to not link the fire is Marx?

Leo
Oct 25, 2005

Goon Boots posted:

ah, reverse up

number fundamentals still strong

I must be dumb but I don't understand how that chart can be true when we're up 2%?

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Irony.or.Death posted:

if anything it's too on the nose; gets it so right that there's an extremely deranged contingent of players who go through the entire thing and still think linking the fires is the right thing to do

i mean i did that the first time because I didn't find the big snake in the dark hole who tells u how to kill god

(he is a metaphor for Engels)

WampaLord posted:

so the snake head thing that tells you to not link the fire is Marx?

e;fb

animist has issued a correction as of 22:20 on May 23, 2022

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

refusing to link the fire is just demonstrating your own enormous privilege and failing to advocate for marginalized peoples

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lol. June 1 is when China is reopening.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

You know, all this info that was posted the last 2 pages makes me think the economy is going to do great, and I should have bought the dip.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

how does an oil refinery lose steam power? Just burn the oil to power the turbine!

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Not liking this "Atlas Shrugged" reboot but at least I didn't need to wade through 1,050 pages of dead, predictable prose to get to the punch line.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Shear Modulus posted:

how does an oil refinery lose steam power? Just burn the oil to power the turbine!

"sorry we spent the maintenence budget on stock buybacks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Hexigrammus posted:

Not liking this "Atlas Shrugged" reboot but at least I didn't need to wade through 1,050 pages of dead, predictable prose to get to the punch line.

my fellow poster have you seen homo deus?