Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

anime was right posted:

75 basis point drop, calling it

if they’re going to cut rates then they better give every American access to the money hose for the hyperinflation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Ok now it might be time for a new thread.

This is definitely a new chapter and innovation in kicking the can down the road.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Wow I wonder if some beard guy said anything about this a century ago

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

there's no way they're going to be doing a 50 bp hike now, that would be insanity

Why not? The fear was banks blowing up, but they set up a program to stop that. The only people who suffer with rate hikes is the consumer now.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol this is all so stupid why even have money it's all fake as poo poo my d&d characters experience points are more real lmao

That this is all happening during debt-limit discussions in congress is :discourse:

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

I not sure we seen the last of this.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

spacemang_spliff posted:

Wow I wonder if some beard guy said anything about this a century ago

it’s like we’re living in a friggin dictatorship run by the bourgeoisie!!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Why not? The fear was banks blowing up, but they set up a program to stop that. The only people who suffer with rate hikes is the consumer now.

banks have already blown up and are in the process of blowing up, bank executives have a lot to lose even if depositors are covered, starting with their jobs and the value of all of their shares, which are already gone at two medium-large banks

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I’d tap that backdoor bailout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4026915

new thread