Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Hmm maybe I shouldn't be trading on this when US market hours in my time zone are 3.30am to 10am. Oh well, it's exciting waking up to a whole new clusterfuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Are there any investing guides written by people who hate the market and want capitalism to die? I just figured I should probably have some money in ETFS rather than all in a bank, but trying to learn about it is gross because it all has such reverence for The Market.

Cumshitter write Investing for Maoists

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I've finally decided to put some savings into index funds, so I can safely predict that this will be the year the market crashes hard.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Hell, if you put money into indexes right before the covid crash and didn't take it out, you still would have made a bunch of money by now.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Put it all on doge

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

futures are red rip

No no, melt up stupid!

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I just love thinking about how to get to the Dining Car fun the Sleeping Car, you have to go through the Orgy Car

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
All these house prices people have been posting still seem really cheap to me, the median house price in Auckland is over 1 million. I'm pretty sure we have one of, if not the highest gaps between median wage and median house price in the world.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
$LUMBER number unencumbered by slumber, underdog $HOG is jogged from slog

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I think the lifestyles aren't that different in comparably large cities, it's just that the non-poor American lifestyle is insanely wasteful, like just churning through energy and bullshit products in a way that everywhere else in the world can't match.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Does anyone know any good books on the history of modern mainstream economics and why it's all so useless? I know Michael Hudson had a book I've been meaning to read for a while.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

HiHo ChiRho posted:

This is a great book, but just noting a lot of it was based on Michael Hudsons research. Might be easier to get into than Hudsons own workAnd forgive them their debts, though.

Yeah I've been meaning to read the Hudson one as well. He has another book called J is for Junk Economics which is probably more what I'm looking for anyway.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
After reading the Graeber book on debt, it seems like any society where usury gets that brazen and predatory eventually has some kind of massive social collapse and the following era is way more anti usury. Wonder if that will happen this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
There are TikToks going around that the US might ban Rumours today