Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Nonsense posted:

CMON $5.00 NOK LET ME DUMP THIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/onlinelonghorn/status/1375332954709368837

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

How completely pessimistic. Number can double by the end of 2021. I believe in number.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Judakel posted:

Being working poor means I give no shits about a collapse and I can't "invest" in anything anyway so all this talk of what I should be holding is irrelevant. Hold these nutz in your mouth.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Who the fuckity gently caress talks about doing home repair and maintenance in this kind of language? "every time I need to actually do the job of property manager"

If Yglesias isn't a landlord, he so desperately wants to be one. He is just oooooooozing with that aspiration.

The needful loving needs doing against this scumbag.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Paradoxish posted:

We're never going to just outright seize housing from investors

America doesn't even know how to loving squat, lol.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Coinbase is worth $100 billion then, ok. I'm really glad that crypto is the final self-inflicted knife drive of climate apocalypse. Our species couldn't have chosen a dumber thing to take us fully over the edge.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
There is no doubt some amazing dystopian sci-fi to be written about a future where 100% of humanity's computing and storage capacity is devoted to crypto. What if the Matrix was really the machines using the energy generated from human beings to power their own massive crypto farms.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Mr Hootington posted:

The economy is like my 22 year old sentra. It has a million things wrong with it, but inexplicably runs. As soon as something breaks that will be that.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Otacon posted:

If anyone wants to order someone something cool for Christmas, put your orders in now.

Xmas 2021 or 2022?

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Radirot posted:

hope the economy tanks. getting unemployment while qualifying for medicaid would be awesome.

I qualified for medicaid while my unemployment is in limbo, and if it ever gets unfucked I'm gonna just forget to inform the state until they learn for themselves in suddenly "making" too much money to deserve health care.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

VideoTapir posted:

Crush all private universities academia to rubble

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

UnknownTarget posted:

the reality is we've been flying on autopilot for years and there's no one up front

Can't wait till we burn up in the back foolishly believing an economy can be run this way, much like that Tesla a couple weeks back.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
It's always been expensive to be poor. Fines and fees always represent a greater percentage of a poor person's wealth.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

since jan. 6 i've grown to believe that it's basically impossible to avoid the bad outcome, and the goal should be to put structures into place that can survive it-- that means mutual aid, community solidarity, network-building and so on. so that's where my focus is. we know the bad poo poo is coming, but we also know that it will not last forever-- either it will destroy all of us on a level so complete that there's nothing we can meaningfully do to fight it, or it will be itself destroyed by its inherent contradictions. if the latter, then we need to preserve something worthwhile to rebuild on the other side.

This is where I am as well. The system is going to collapse, and we as individuals should not be wasting our time in pointless electoralism and whatever liberals believe "harm reduction" is to stave it off, and rather focusing our efforts on building these alternate and parallel structures. The bonus is that it isn't even wasted effort, we help folks here and now by doing so, AND make ourselves more resilient for trials that await us all.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Is it okay for me to ride on the sidewalk if I'm going 3 mph?

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I once got yelled at by a rent-a-cop for purposefully riding slower than walking speed down a completely uncrowded pedestrian mall. That's what I feel like some posters are doing in here, lol.

I will ride on a sidewalk whenever I drat please at speeds that are safe for the conditions. It's insanity for a cyclist to ride at high speeds near people, because pedestrians are generally as oblivious to their surroundings as anyone and will absolutely change direction on you whether you are approaching from behind, their side, or head-on. Cyclists are not a danger to anyone on sidewalks because they are a much greater danger to themselves, and the numbers of cyclists not injuring or killing anyone but themselves supports this.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Trabisnikof posted:

neither part of this is really true. Many of the major US metros had their streets designed pre-cars, and we adapted them to cars later.

just like we tore out functioning street car and trolly lines, made it illegal to walk on the same roads you’d walked on for years, and ripped apart communities we could redesign our cities again to be post-car

What about a hellscape like Phoenix?

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Rectal Death Adept posted:

All I know is that when there is a 2 mile traffic jam on a one lane road because 20,000 people have to wait for a cyclist driving 40 under the speed limit to valiantly and legally transverse their preferred route of travel

Lol this doesn't loving happen in reality.

20,000 people individually driving cars are the ones causing the traffic jam, you loving idiot.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm sure the fact that Palestine is openly revolting against Israel will make number happy.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Neolib mods are drunk with power.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

splifyphus posted:

it's more like one of those things that has enormous potential if wielded according to an emancipatory purpose, but in our current context just contributes to more of the insane stagnation of zombie capitalism. like walmart's centrally planned production and distribution chain. or the communist potential of big data.

Side benefit of capital growing stronger and more concentrated: a future communist state can more easily seize it all and make it work for the people!

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Ice Phisherman posted:

Do you have a link to what he wrote?

https://willshetterly.medium.com/adolph-reed-was-the-first-writer-to-see-who-obama-was-991fc1504d19

quote:

Adolph Reed was the first writer to see who Obama was. In 1996, Reed wrote about him in The Village Voice:

“In Chicago, for instance, we’ve gotten a foretaste of the new breed of foundation-hatched black communitarian voices; one of them, a smooth Harvard lawyer with impeccable do-good credentials and vacuous-to-repressive neoliberal politics, has won a state senate seat on a base mainly in the liberal foundation and development worlds. His fundamentally bootstrap line was softened by a patina of the rhetoric of authentic community, talk about meeting in kitchens, small-scale solutions to social problems, and the predictable elevation of process over program — the point where identity politics converges with old-fashioned middle-class reform in favoring form over substance. I suspect that his ilk is the wave of the future in U.S. black politics, as in Haiti and wherever else the International Monetary Fund has sway. So far the black activist response hasn’t been up to the challenge. We have to do better.”

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

anime was right posted:

it makes getting video game info so hard lol

GameFAQs is still around for old games at least?

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

it's always awkward and weird when tankies come out of the woodwork to do their genocide denial in the doomsday econ thread :yikes:

By all means please prove to us the existence of this particular genocide that just so happens to coincide with American imperial interests, dear leftoid friend.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Rectal Death Adept posted:

people are going to complain about it forever but in some states for like 2-3 months you could get $800+ a week when your typical unemployment (+330 here) was augmented by the +600 federal dollars. Laws are never the same, i think NY had more generous laws than most as my limit is 13 weeks.

The fact that the poors got more than they usually do for a few months, one time, has psychically damaged all of these idiots on the left and right permanently. Until they die they will be talking about lazy people being paid more money to not work. I've heard it 30-40 times from my managers while they complain about not finding people.

I hadn't thought about it before but this could be a huge reason Trump lost the suburbs and therefore the election. The bespoke landlord and professional managerial class enraged that the workers were quitting and demanding higher salaries. THEM FREE DOLLARS KEEP THEM IN STEAK AND LOBSTER AND THERES NO INCENTIVE TO WORK!

Save for three months around the holidays, I haven't worked since March 2020. My state has kept the unemployment taps open for me. It was a challenge to get back on after quitting my holiday season job, but I managed it. $1200 a week with the Bernie bux added in last year, $900 a week now.

I took full advantage of what was offered to me for UI (as well as other programs) and I give zero fucks about the fee fees of some petit bourgeois assholes and landlords or class traitors.

The party ends for me on September 1 as I finally have a permanent job lined up that pays more than what I was making before the pandemic. Everyone should have been able to come out the other side of this poo poo better off than when they started, but that's loving capitalism, and hopefully the system devours itself soon.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Caithness posted:

I quit delivering pizza at the height of local new covid cases in January and didn’t collect any unemployment for 6 months. Now I’m delivering auto parts 25 hours a week for $300 before taxes but at least I drive a company car. I’m a fool

You're not a fool. It's just random loving chance which working class folks get harmed or helped. Sorry it hasn't worked out for you. :(

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Egg Moron posted:

Onlyfans adopting a more conservative policy regarding sexual content is a small price to pay for the moral and social stability that will accompany the budding Taliban takeover of America

The victory by the Taliban has made all things possible.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Paradoxish posted:

when do we get gig economy school buses

when do we get gig economy teachers

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Just fill in any resume gaps with 'Gazillionaire Grindset' and you're good. If you're not "working" you're grinding. Always grinding.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

scary ghost dog posted:

this is nintendo, the only game dev that doesnt profit off of exploitation

lul

scary ghost dog posted:

if you want to steal the game, steal it.

Correct.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Judakel posted:

i used to be like you... yeah like you, i used to swear by nintendo systems, like a pathetic little boy. waiting for their underpowered lovely consoles to get games years after the fact, pretending to love their first party software no matter how boring it was. yeah i remember those days. i can almost see myself in those losers crying about an article on emulation. then i stopped buying games. all i do is pirate now, because the only ethical consumption under capitalism is theft. ciao, suckers!

How dare you sir. Nintendo is one of the GOOD companies. I will defend the honor of Nintendo-sama from you ungrateful pirates.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

physical nintendo games never lose value. with the coming omega-inflation they will become a very good store of value

Will I be able to trade my sealed and pristine copies of Super Mario Bros for food, water, and ammunition?

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

PIZZA.BAT posted:

wonder how many smaller companies will be bankrupt before their shipments can even make it to them

Hey great more for the survivors.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
The elites are safe, or rather they feel that they are safe, and to boot the decades of literal inbreeding between them has made them so dumb as to not realize what starving out and freezing out the working class means.

They're not going to even attempt to do anything about it. They either know that the tsunami wave is coming and don't think it's a big deal, or they're all dumber than dumb can be and don't even see it themselves.

Either way, do the best you can to survive this winter by preparing while there is still time. If this goes on for longer than a few weeks though then well, there's no way to prepare then, lol.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

I'd laugh my rear end off if postal workers in every craft did a wildcat strike and the dipshit supervisors who "work" at USPS had to step in.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
American government and its media mouthpieces are coping bigly.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Mr Hootington posted:

What happens if you become unemployed again but used up all your unemployment during the covid year. Regional manufacturing numbers continue trend.

This is America, you know drat well what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

we can't survive like they did in the fall of the USSR. all those people lived in government apartments. they could just chill out for a while a cope because no one was coming to evict them when the whole system crumbles

the US is a completely different and much worse situation. once the system collapses and people cant pay rents and mortgages all those entitled landlords are going to start doing violence

Well, at least a good chunk of America is capable of doing violence back.