Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Gio posted:

what are the broader long term implications of this policy

like does it blow up

or does it go up up up forever into the heavens.

no one knows and if they say they do, they're probably going to follow up their explanation with an opportunity of where the only real safe place to put your money is but you have to act now!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

i mean half the people trying to get in on this are gonna lose a lot of money so its probably not sustainable forever

the human brain: i am the greatest pattern recognition machine in the known universe

also the human brain, looking at 100 people losing their shirts a nickel at a time at slot machines vs one guy getting a $500 jackpot: so it's a machine that gives you free money, eh?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

on one hand, this seems like a dam cracking and foreshadowing the massive failure that's obviously about to happen

on the other hand, lol fuk u idiot number go up plenty more brrr in the printer

yeah I think the thinking is basically "if something catastrophic happens, i'll probably be hosed no matter what" so why not try to squeeze enough for a PS5 or a down payment on a car or something out of it while you can?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Greataval posted:

This isn't about making 15% on a investment this about 1000% payday.

AMC is about to shoot up as long as everyone believes it's about to shoot up and acts accordingly

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

people saying AMC is a meme stock: how do you get stronger fundamentals than "made Better Call Saul," hmmm?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nonsense posted:

goon pressuring into giving major corporation American Multi-Cinema thousands of dollars during the pandemic, I suppose this was like the Doobie thread.

I'm a patriot and when my President asks me to "Buy American," I do as I'm told for the good of my country.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Danger posted:

I guess it’s a testament to global finance how quickly the thread about how finance capital is destroying the world turned into a day treading thread

Son, we're not selling out: we're buying in!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I was promised $2000. I don't care if I'm getting it from Joe Biden or AMC or Elon Musk, but it's my money and I need it now!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Skyl3lazer posted:

Well, I tried to tell people to be smart but I will admit that this is going to be way funnier.

e; Why the gently caress are you buying AMC. What is your reasoning for being long AMC? None of you can answer this, and it's why you're going to lose all your money.

number go up

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

babypolis posted:

can someone explain to me, a loving dumbass, what the hell is going on with the gamestop stuff? tia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL7-CKirWZE

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Halser posted:

so
how are you supposed to earn a living on day trading when there's absolutely no logic to anything and people can just meme things into existence if enough of them feel like making GBS threads on everything?

how has anyone made a living on day trading up until now?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

This is how I game

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

will i still be able to buy tootsie rolls after all this is over they are very delicious and i love them please hlpe

Tootsie rolls will become too valuable to stay under the radar, they will be acquired by Facebook and turned into an app

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I bought AMC stock at 4.69 expecting to sell it at like 10 lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

It is insider trading to talk about a stock outside of the stock market. stock market is fight club now

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

think of how many funkopops there are in this country, then base all of your investments on that info. gamestop sells funkopops. amc shows the movies where people see the funkopops they wanna buy. these are rock solid fundamentals

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Oil! posted:

A ton of goons are going to find out what "catching a falling knife" is and how impossible it is this week.

I would simply wear Kevlar gloves

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

soup. posted:

Powers out at my home office, I'm literally running my entire poo poo off a hotspot and a surge protector plugged into a Honda generator this is not an ideal situation.

the elites have found out about doomsday economics' power to disrupt the markets and are targeting our leaders!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I PUT MY HAND UPON THE LEVER

SAID LET IT ROCK AND LET IT ROLL

I HAD THE ONE ARMED BANDIT FEVER

THERE WAS AN ARROW THROUGH MY HEART AND MY SOUL

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

sorry son, fresh outta stonk today

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

net work error posted:

If I'm gonna win I'm gonna win bigly

"do you wanna win by 1 point or 30 loving points?" - a wise man that everything turned out great for

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

net work error posted:

Yeah he won big what's not to like. He won and busted that's a hero's story.

lmao i'm right there with you!!!

cumshitter posted:

did amc halt again? my buy in price is so low that i dont care if it keeps dropping i still make money

seems like it's been sitting at 13.02 for a bit

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AMC pros:
- has the movies
- sells snacks for 5x the price as any other establishment, people still buy them
- comfy chairs
- sometimes will have an arcade where you can play like guitar hero 3 or time crisis while you wait to see aquaman 5 on the big screen

cons:
- literally not a single one

seems like a no brainer to me

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PyPy posted:

this is incredibly funny

this is the only takeaway anyone should have from this

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

How many are still riding AMC?

I bought at 4.69 I wanna see where it goes by Friday lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

dead gay comedy forums posted:

what the gently caress amc was at 13 then 15 like never happened?

what is so hard to understand about "NUMBER GO UP"???

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lol the ticker failed

still you doubt number, after everything

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

not NUMBER, the ticker hahahaha

buddy the only ticker I care about is my heart, and it's telling me that number? it goes up

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Shageletic posted:

trying to decide between nok and AMC rn

America loves the movies, baby!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Jellidelic posted:

my dad just texted me for financial advice because he knows you'll find me posting in times like these

uh
what do i tell him?

"listen to cumshitter"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

meanolmrcloud posted:

amc soaring past Jupiter

Trump is gone, corona is over, and racism has been solved. it's time for America to go back to the movies.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm pulling half out of AMC at 20, I'll make back everything I put in and a tidy couple thousand on top, and still have half left to ride the meme train into Friday

this is my plan too but I targeted 23.45 because it's the point where I'll have quintupled my initial investment

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

skooma512 posted:

Really glad to be part of the problem for once

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

HOLY gently caress NOKIA IS DROPPING

*sighing as a I wipe off a chalkboard and begin to draw a big up arrow*

you see this? this is Number

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

fundamentals arent real, theyre not strong, theyre not my friends

AMC takes made up superheroes like Spider-Man and makes them real with movie magic. what is a stronger fundamental than a superhero, hmm?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Substandard posted:

I assume at some level there is more to it than picking at random and watching numbers go up and down

no no NO NO NO

You've got it ALL wrong! It goes UP, IT JUST GOES UP

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lmfao did we halt trading at any point for corona even?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Keegers posted:

TSLA is a stock I'll never touch again with a ten foot pole, I don't care how good a play looks there. I still remember it jumping up to like $420 after a bad earnings call, that stock will never make sense

Between people wrapped up in Elon's cult of personality and people who are just believers in "the technology/potential" being the actual thing they're investing it, it will take some really publicly embarrassing thing for it to really tank at this point I think. Like Elon entering a Tesla into the Indy 500, personally driving it, it catching on fire during the race as it's in last place by multiple laps, him being put out with a fire extinguisher after his hair plugs burn off, etc.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Tonight I will dream of being vaccinated, back in the comfort of a deluxe reclining seat with cupholders and a little snacky tray, the smell of buttery popcorn wafting into my beautiful free and clear lungs through unmasked nostrils, while I watch all my favorite marvel heroes back on the silver screen once more. Please number, please let this dream come true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

America is ready to go back to the movies!!!!