Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

theflyingexecutive posted:

did they figure out if they were going to automatically revise tax returns to account for the $10k ui income exemption? I know exactly what my heart tells me, but man the one fuckin year I do my return in February

Yeah same. I'm gonna be annoyed if I have to amend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

I just paid $220 for a new car battery. 3 or 4 years ago I bought the exact same battery for $160.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

It's been happening for a loving while now, to the point where it no longer even makes sense to buy a used car if you're not buying one that's at least 4-5 years old.

It's especially hilarious with manual transmission cars now that essentially no one manufactures them anymore. When my car got rear-ended and totaled in 2018, insurance ended up paying me several thousand dollars more than I paid for it five years earlier. I had to "overpay" and go several states to get a replacement with a 6-speed and now the book trade-in value for this car is more than the wildly inflated price that I paid.

Dude this just happened to me be and my Rav4. It got totalled and I somehow made $4k.

I also spent a week in the hospital with bilateral dissection of my vertebral arteries, so it's all a wash I guess.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

My Rav4 got totalled in January and insurance gave me like $4000 more than I owed on the loan.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Orvin posted:

For car chat:

Make sure you have a car lined up to buy before you sell your old car. I have a fried who went to a bunch of dealerships yesterday to look at some vehicles, as he has a lease that is up in a couple of months. He says the dealers are not moving off of sticker price on new vehicles at this time. Granted, he was at an Audi, Acura, and Mercedes dealership. They at least still have some new vehicles to sell.

My version of the story is back in early March I took my 2017 Dodge Charger with 38k miles to CarMax to see what they would offer me for it. They offered me $33k when it had some light body damage from where I scraped my garage. I payed 40k new for it. I had been thinking it was time to get an electric vehicle, and the trade in value on my Chrysler product was too much to pass up. I managed to find a Mustang Mach-E with no dealer mark up, and took X-Plan (about $900 under sticker), so it was a win in my book. Even in non COVID times, dealers were not going to move on price on those for a year.

How do you like the mach e so far? I just learned about it literally last week.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Radirot posted:

I also cheat and use vegan "meat" crumbles and vegan "chorizo"

Trader Joe's Soyrizo is :discourse:

Also you guys were talking about Dal, so can someone post their recipe tia

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Spoondick posted:

mine kind varies depending on what i have on hand, but i cook lentils separately in a pot and in another larger pot i sautee some combination of garlic, ginger and onion in oil until soft then add liquidy stuff like a can of diced tomatoes or coconut milk or veggie or mushroom stock, add spices like chili powder and garam masala, add cooked lentils then cook down to the consistency you like

This sounds pretty good, thanks op

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Hey I'm not gonna horse around or mince words or slyly post Mao memes or whatever. This parasite ought to be killed. They subsist solely, exclusively, and totally off leeching the wages of labor and they are utterly unrepentant about it to the point that they brag and self-aggrandize.

Not empty quoting

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

cool av posted:

mayors arent poo poo, they cant raise an army and they dont even count against your vassal limit

Yeah but tax revenue

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

gay_crimes posted:

im unironically hailstorm lover. had a car get totaled by a hailstorm, I kept the cash and drove around a bumpy textured car for another five years, helped get me out of debt

Those are speed dimples

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Rutibex posted:

...crypto is good...

Bold stance to take in this thread

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Animal-Mother posted:

I can't believe people are investing in JPEGs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba15UbImJXw

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

coelomate posted:

The article about the medical team switching jobs is absolutely terrible. It omits basically all of the substantive legal dispute and the actual substance of the injunction.

This one is better: https://www.wbay.com/2022/01/20/thedacare-seeks-court-order-against-ascension-wisconsin-worker-dispute/

And some good commentary here: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=30038278

The actual court order:

That doesn't seem nearly as insane, does it? Especially since you can imagine the reason s for the first option (just make 2 of the 7 staff members available, temporarily, especially for emergencies) - regulations and public safety and etc. for the people served by the initial employer.

While the employees are "at will," their employers are heavily regulated and licensed. There really are legal complexities surrounding hiring/poaching/firing medical teams, and those legal complexities aren't totally insane. Also, it's a temporary measure while things get resolved in court.

It's not just a judge twirling his moustache and saying "haha! yes! the boss decides if you get to quit!"
Lol shut the gently caress up

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Glumwheels posted:

This is hell. Maybe I’m alone but I don’t buy anything other than my prescriptions at Walgreens and maybe some personal care stuff.

I think I bought some greeting cards at one last year

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Spoondick posted:

getting stuff in bulk you can't consume before it goes bad usually costs you more money than buying smaller units, but like the bulk savings on toilet paper alone probably pays for my costco membership

Best prices on pet stuff too

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

i am harry posted:

best pizza I ever had was a 4euro margarita in Rome served at a table in the street with white lawn chairs to sit in and at the end of the street was the coliseum

Hell yeah. Best gelato is behind a cathedral in Orvieto btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Stereotype posted:

the surf rack in waikiki directly neighboring the police station was set on fire TWICE

BY THE SAME GUY

Like you can't overemphasize how close the surf rack is to the police station. You can look out the front doors of the police station and see it.