Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
thread spent 4 years waiting for the crash only for the feds to do 1 neat trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

PAWG Girlfriend posted:

Time in the market > Timing the market, you absolutely clueless nocoiner noob.

That's why you don't sell all at once but in segments at pricepoints. Selling higher than you buy isn't timing the market. The market is already at the point it is at & the pricepoint you purchased is already locked in. It's just realizing the gains. The only real requirements for my strategy is patience, reserve cash & for bitcoin to continue to still exist so braindead people with liquidity remember it exist and cause a bubble to skyrockets every so often, which has been very consistent. ofc it might one day fail, but thats why you don't put all your filthy lucre back in.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

PAWG Girlfriend posted:

Time in the market > Timing the market, you absolutely clueless nocoiner noob.

nevermind what i said before. I looked again.

I timed the sh*t outta that market

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
seraph give me control of your bitcoin wallet. i will take care of it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/adamconover/status/1346209249312055297

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Buck Turgidson posted:

Lmfao at how i could have demolished literally any investment I made this year by buying memecoins instead

i can't believe there are goons with extra cash who dont put it into bitcoin/adjacents. like keep money safe in index w/e. maybe with tesla you can pretend reality will hit it, the hype dies. but bitcoin has consistently done the same thing for like 20 years lol. no thinking necessary.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
so long as redditor manchildren keep getting paid/produced its a safe bet imo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol everybody with money is so bored at home theyve become gamblers

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Smythe posted:

gonna see if i can get paid to jizz... for real. last time i checked (FOR THE LULZ) i barely met the height and education criteria lol

smythe sowing: hahaha yes, gently caress yes!

smythe being served child support papers: (smythe eye pop.gif)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Car Hater posted:

I hate feeling like a libertarian but lmao at MMT/brrrism, what the gently caress do people think is going to happen when we try to repay literally anything now that oil is declining for good

hrmm have you considered money isn’t real man? it’ll be fine.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
how tf u break a key. never done it. membrane=best i guess

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Smythe posted:

dude..........

i wish they sold that default dell kb. but u can press 5 keys at once. it'd be the perfect keyboard.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

punished milkman posted:

i have several friends who put thousands into bitcoin over the last few weeks. lmao at them

lol as soon as it hits the news, its like a timer going off as the bag holder meter fills up

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

err posted:

read wallstreetbets and get in on the meme stocks and get out before you're left with the bag

gamestop up 63% today, lots of millionaires made on WSB today

millennials are getting better at meme stocks, and its making institutional investors nervous

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
sounds like none of you were alive during 2008. biden has already given us 2400 checks. we owe the government 400 dollars now

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
im remembering that guy itt who sold his gme stock in December lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

A bunch of institutional money is tied up in shorting dead/dying stocks. Some of these stocks have more shorts sold than actually existing shares. A group of traders gamblers figured out that with enough crowding into these stocks you could force a short squeeze, which is when the people who sold shares without holding shares are forced to buy back these shares at higher prices than they sold them for.

The crowd is now weaponizing this against institutional traders through the trading equivalent of DDOS attacks onto heavily shorted and cheap stocks.

drat this is way funnier than i thought

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ahahahahahah

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
imagine your kid becoming a teenager and they finally get around to asking you how you became a millionaire

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEi2axM4hwI

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

oxsnard posted:

I'm literally a recovering gambling addict, some of y'all are actually worrying me

lolling at getting on gme after it hits the news, it sorta makes sense with how this thing is setup since bagholders marching into the breach can turn the tide but lol at doing it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
koss was on that list yesterday and its now jumped 3x this morning... lmfao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
fellow goons its 115 now is the time to buy

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DoomTrainPhD posted:

I've made an entire days wage in 20 minutes. :allears:

most efficient distributor of resoursces on EARTh bro

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the speed of that fluctuation... lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
sell high (keep a bit), then buy low tomorrow with some of ur gains imo - guy who has no money and is an expert on the stock market

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
uh oh, its being pushed at 100 now

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
97 dollars rip. crazy cloud maybe next time

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Greataval's position

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol at everybody knowing in their hearts amc is a loser stock but in their brains knowing amc is a meme stock.

Carmant posted:

When your heart is racing like you just snorted three lines of cocaine, that's how you know you just made a sound investment. It means you're thinking clearly.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
its clawed its way back to 106

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

I can't believe this many loving goons have bought in, in cspam of all places

lmfao

im poor as poo poo so i can't understand people buying in at 100 with gme lol. wouldn't you just buy in yesterday if u wanted to do meme magick? same sorta "can it happen" uncertainty yesterday too but it was 75 lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah it rules and really solidifies some outside criticism of this place lol

the problem with every outside criticism of cspam is its said as if everybody in cspam doesn't already know it lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
its actually the outsiders giving cspam kayfabe status

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Xaris posted:

i havent spent a dime on gme lol

yep the time to get in was yesterday if you were late lol. thinking of my eyebrow raising at KOSS with a forlorn sense of loss....

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

fknlo posted:

I have owned 43 shares of AMC for 4 minutes but am not a millionaire yet. Is this working properly?

i dunno how this amc thing would work since its like nearly 3x the volume of gme. way harder to meme magic, no?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol its gonna break 120

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

e: 122 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
124 lmao